• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 07/24/08

calder

Loved the Eden demo. Had to force myself to stop after going back to Garden 1 for the 2 spectras. My eyes do actually burn a bit as if from the amazing, I was focusing on such small things on screen with a laser-like intensity for 20 minutes now I can't quite get my vision back 'normal' (yes I know I need glasses). Should have sat nearer the TV from the beginning instead of squinting.

Remy

Dante said:
Woah, forgot to check if the Eden demo had the Youtube functionality that's in the final game.

Anyone check?

The help screens for the functionality are in the demo, it just appears to be disabled unless you buy the game. Makes sense, really.

Struct09

It took me a couple minutes to figure out what to do, and probably took another 10 minutes to get comfortable with the controls, but after that I really started to enjoy PJE. Day one :D

Snagged PJM for $5 too

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
ugghh this is the total last straw. No more trying PixelJunk demos for me! I sucked at the racing, I sucked at defending my people and I suck at whatever the heck I'm supposed to be doing in Eden x_X

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
PJE is very cool (the demo is a nice length as well). Bionic Commando remake video is nice as well.

Lovely update - has anyone noticed that for the last 10 or so blog posts a score hasn't been under 4.5/5? It's been great! I can just see Grace actually EXCITED to post today's update! I feel bad for Grace some times :D

Anyway, questions regarding High Stakes Poker - how active is the online? And I *think* I remember something about it utilizing the Eyetoy camera - am I dreaming this or is it truth?

Girlfriend has control of the TV, but I can't wait to give Eden a whirl...

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Lindsay said:
ugghh this is the total last straw. No more trying PixelJunk demos for me! I sucked at the racing, I sucked at defending my people and I suck at whatever the heck I'm supposed to be doing in Eden x_X

collect the flower shaped items, they break into pollen which then fill up the large circles, which bloom into flowers. Climb the flowers to get to the top where the goal is.

yurinka

1942 first impressions:

· Awesome music. Unlike in Commando 3, here is the MGS musician.
· Great old school gameplay and mechanics.
· Good (not awesome) visuals.
· Huge and cool Final Bosses.
· A bit short.
· Great multiplayer, also online.
· General accessible difficulty for today's non uber-hardcore players.
· Hardest difficulty level isn't hard as hell old-school fest.
· Easiest difficulty level maybe needs a few more lives.
· Far better than Commando 3, and a lot, a lot better than Rocketmen. Backbone did a very good job, improving their just average previous works.
· Buy it, specially if you loved the other titles of the series.

P.S.: Bionic Commando Rearmed Behing the scenes video is great, and the SFIV videos are like sex.

Mmmkay

Is it, odd, to say the demo for PJE was too big? I mean I had to stop myself playing it knowing that I'm just going to have to do those early levels again when the full game comes out (since there isn't an EU demo/upgrade path).

Mmmkay said:
Is it, odd, to say the demo for PJE was too big? I mean I had to stop myself playing it knowing that I'm just going to have to do those early levels again when the full game comes out (since there isn't an EU demo/upgrade path).

maybe the demo will unlock the stage you played in the full game.

but i like the length. it's better than a short level or a 3 minute test run.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
alr1ghtstart said:
collect the flower shaped items, they break into pollen which then fill up the large circles, which bloom into flowers. Climb the flowers to get to the top where the goal is.

Easier said then done at least in my case... -_-;

Oh well the only good things out of this week for me is Siren wallpaper 5 & 6 and the theme.

Edit: failed, failed, failed, deleted demo. time limits suck, controls suck, VF2-esque floaty physics sucks, bleh...

womfalcs3

Banned
Flunkie said:
Impressions on bowling?

I'd like to know the questions he asked, by the way.

I've just played a quick game. I wish they had left the setting up controls to the buttons. I do like the backward/forward controller motion to throw the ball.

I could only choose from two characters as the others need to be unlocked. No online play, but it has leaderboards. Visually it's not the best, but my little sister is having fun with it. I just bowled once.

After you set up, the character starts moving towards the foul line, and you must throw the ball before they reach it. So it doesn't leave it up to you to decide when to throw the ball.

kuYuri

In the comments section of the 1942 blog post, they confirm a demo, so as I figured earlier, it's likely coming next week.

tanod

when is my burrito
FYI: OP updated with everything.

In the Japan Store, don't forget to check out the Last Guy trailer that went up.

Finally, there is absolutely no reason (except for not having a CC) that people should not instantly purchase PAIN and PJM. I have both and they are easily worth that much. I'm considering picking up Bowling but I wish it had online multi. I thought I heard that's coming in a patch.

*runs to play PJE demo*

It's a shame we didn't know about the summer pack. My brother just picked up Pain last week after debating whether or not he should buy it for awhile.

It's totally worth it for $10 though, so everyone who doesn't have it, buy it now for $5. No excuses. :D

Souther

Banned
I really hope that somehow they love us enough to include the original nes Bionic Commando in BC: Rearmed.

But alas...it will probably be a extra for the new bionic commando.

tanod

when is my burrito
kairu said:
Isn't the next issue of Qore coming out on August 7th (the first thursday of the month)

Year subscription = 13 episodes = 4 weeks between episodes.

Last episode was 3 weeks ago today.

MadFuzzy

There's some new content on the Japanese store today:

Add-ons:

Disgaea 3 - 3 new characters (¥300 each)

Videos:

Bionic Commando Rearmed (2 videos)

methane47

Uhhh just wanted to say that the Naruto demo is freaking awesome... seriously... (Just decided to try it out yesterday after dling it like last week or whenever) I just wish that the game wasn't so entirely simplistic... I mean.. i appreciate it.. but I'm not sure If It will entertain for very long...

Anyways its fun for what it is.

itxaka

Defeatist
yurinka said:
1942 first impressions:

· Awesome music. Unlike in Commando 3, here is the MGS musician.
· Great old school gameplay and mechanics.
· Good (not awesome) visuals.
· Huge and cool Final Bosses.
· A bit short.
· Great multiplayer, also online.
· General accessible difficulty for today's non uber-hardcore players.
· Hardest difficulty level isn't hard as hell old-school fest.
· Easiest difficulty level maybe needs a few more lives.
· Far better than Commando 3, and a lot, a lot better than Rocketmen. Backbone did a very good job, improving their just average previous works.
· Buy it, specially if you loved the other titles of the series.

P.S.: Bionic Commando Rearmed Behing the scenes video is great, and the SFIV videos are like sex.

More impressions? I don´t know if I should buy it with the games that are coming next week :(

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
The 1942 rep that posted on the PSB mentioned there's a demo coming so I'll just wait for that. I'm assuming the demo will arrive next PSN update.

kuYuri

sykoex said:
The 1942 rep that posted on the PSB mentioned there's a demo coming so I'll just wait for that. I'm assuming the demo will arrive next PSN update.

It's like you saw my post and plagiarized. :(

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Strider2K99 said:
It's like you saw my post and plagiarized. :(
Oops, guess I'm not the only one who checks the comments on every blog post. They're really good about answering questions to each entry.

kuYuri

sykoex said:
Oops, guess I'm not the only one who checks the comments on every blog post. They're really good about answering questions to each entry.

Hehe, I was also talking about predicting the demo will be out next week. :p

It's ok, no big deal.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Right, I was doing some digging into the ESRB archives, when I happened across this rating:

Prince of Persia Classic Ubisoft Teen Blood, Violence Xbox 360, PlayStation 3

Indeed, it would appear that the Playstation Network users will finally be able to experience one of the best gaming remakes of all time.

Azrael

Shard said:
Right, I was doing some digging into the ESRB archives, when I happened across this rating:

Prince of Persia Classic Ubisoft Teen Blood, Violence Xbox 360, PlayStation 3

Indeed, it would appear that the Playstation Network users will finally be able to experience one of the best gaming remakes of all time.

I thought ESRB was putting an end to these leaks :lol Not surprised, with the new PoP coming out the remake would get a PSN release.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Didnt see an video store thread but anyone have issues with it?
I just downloaded 2 of the newer updated episodes of mythbusters and one of them was Unsupported Data :/ I cant redownload it too...booo lol

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Corran Horn said:
Didnt see an video store thread but anyone have issues with it?
I just downloaded 2 of the newer updated episodes of mythbusters and one of them was Unsupported Data :/ I cant redownload it too...booo lol
You should try calling customer service.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Is R-Types worth it? I was browsing the US stores meager PSone offerings and it sort of caught my eye. I mean, two games for $6 bucks? Also, can you save in between levels? Or do you need to play through each game in one sitting?

tanod

when is my burrito
Ermac said:
Is R-Types worth it? I was browsing the US stores meager PSone offerings and it sort of caught my eye. I mean, two games for $6 bucks? Also, can you save in between levels? Or do you need to play through each game in one sitting?

Level select is opened up as you beat the different levels so you can always start where you left off. You get a near infinite supply of lives, it's tough as nails, but the levels are sectioned up into very small pieces so it's hard to get really frustrated. Totally worth it, IMO.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
calder said:
Loved the Eden demo. Had to force myself to stop after going back to Garden 1 for the 2 spectras. My eyes do actually burn a bit as if from the amazing, I was focusing on such small things on screen with a laser-like intensity for 20 minutes now I can't quite get my vision back 'normal' (yes I know I need glasses). Should have sat nearer the TV from the beginning instead of squinting.
Are you playing on an LCD screen?

Pimpwerx

I think The Last Guy went up on the JP PSN store. I can't tell what it says, just that it's Last Guy and they're charging a price for whatever it contains. PEACE.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So did Eden!!!

Top Bottom