• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 08/21/08

Raistlin

Damnit ... can't d/l shit. HDD getting full.

Have to wait until I get back from Cleveland (NiN concert) and order a HDD. 320GB time biotches!!!

VinZuku

L-O-V-E The Last Guy!!! Took me about 2, 3 tries before I "got" the game. My longest "string" so far is 827 people. Over the last few weeks I purchased both Braid and Bionic Commando and, so far, I've probably put more time into The Last Guy Demo than I have both those other games combined. Funny.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
The Last Guy is completely awesome. It's a lesson in how to make something iconographic out of almost nothing. The music cues, the use of real maps, retro feel to everything despite obviously super high def satellite maps, insisting on it's Himalayan / Hindustan Software development origins... the game is really quite surreal and in a good way. It's safe to say that it joins the ranks of Flow or PJ Eden in being something more than a typical game of this kind, typically is.

Sean

Banned
Can someone tell me where the Pixeljunk Eden demo is? I'm looking all over the store and don't see it anywhere.

sublime085 said:
That's their hometown man. It was probably a killer show.

You don't need to tell me. I'm sure all the suburban kids flooded Cleveland to catch this before fleeing back to the safety of the burbs as they always do. :lol

calder

Force Unleashed was a bit of a letdown, but in hindsight I should have known it wasn't my sort of game (I've never liked action games like GoW, NG or DMC). Beyond that though it looked decent and the setting is sure a plus to me but I barely mustered the enthusiasm to button mash through to the end.

The Last Guy however, was great. Hope the full game is up soon, I loved the gameplay and tone (it had more subtle depth than I was expecting too, and the controls seemed excellent) and am definitely all over that as soon as it's out.

I went to the European PS Store and there was this game called Dark Mist, luckily there is a preview available and from the looks of it .. it seems as the best download able game.. is it ever coming to USA ?

Unregistered007 said:
I went to the European PS Store and there was this game called Dark Mist, luckily there is a preview available and from the looks of it .. it seems as the best download able game.. is it ever coming to USA ?

I think SCEA said they have no plans to release it in the US, which is a shame as it's definetly one of the best games on PSN. The version on the EU store has been out for a few months now, but the Japanese version was out even earlier and has an awesome expansion pack that the EU version is yet to recieve - theres not much text in the game, so buying the game & the expansion from the JP store is the best option imo.

jorma

is now taking requests
Well i downloaded most of the leipzigvideos from the EU store.. and it doesnt exactly look like Eurogamer did the Sony conference justice (disappointmenton), because there was plenty of awesome in those videos.

Kazenone

Unregistered007 said:

It's briefly mentioned in Tanod's OP, but to reiterate: They game hasn't been rated the ESRB and SCEA have said they aren't interested although there are some hints in the NA Home beta that it might come.

Unregistered007 said:

Man, I picked this up last week and wasn't impressed. It's part twin stick shooter and part dungeon crawler which, I agree, sounds great. But it starts so slowly and you can't save (please, please tell me I'm wrong about this). I'm just not prepared to put the time in, tbh.

Tntnnbltn said:
Tower defense game. PixelJunk Monsters in space.

Shame, could still be awesome of course. I won't have to worry about shitty console rts controls but man, I was pumped for it. I'll still keep an eye on it, PJM was superb (only tower defense game I've ever played).

Lain

Unregistered007 said:

If you want to get it, either get it from the JP or the HK PSN (the HK one should be in english too I think), so you'll be able to get the patch. As others have already said, SCEA noted they don't have any interest in making it available on the US PSN for the time being.

freethought said:
Man, I picked this up last week and wasn't impressed. It's part twin stick shooter and part dungeon crawler which, I agree, sounds great. But it starts so slowly and you can't save (please, please tell me I'm wrong about this). I'm just not prepared to put the time in, tbh.

Once SCEE makes the patch available (ah ah), you'll be able to start from the last floor or level you played (not sure which). Until then, it's start from the 1st level/floor every time, which really sucks.

Ceb

freethought said:

Did you end up getting Siren?

freethought said:

The patch that was released with the expansion pack added in-dungeon saving, as well as 12 new dungeons, 3 new characters & multiplayer mode - hopefully SCEE will hurry up and release the expansion over here, as the game doesn't really feel complete without it.

Ceb said:
Did you end up getting Siren?

Nah, maybe next week. I'm thinking about picking it up on BD to try and save some cash. Normally I'm a nut about DD and would've just done it but my PS3 HDD is groaning under the weight of too many installs and PSN games.

I hope that Dark Mist patch hits Europe soon. There's potential there but right now the game is just too annoying to invest any amount of time in.

tanod

when is my burrito
AranhaHunter said:
There are a couple of TV Shows from NBC and movies from New Line and Touchstone, but you can't find them when you search by TV or Movie Studioes...weird.

A couple of the NBC shows are actually produced by Fox and that's where they are in the studio category.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
i just bought policenauts on the japanese PSN store (i know, i'm crazy) with a point card, and now i've got 800 yen left over.

what's something great to get with that?

Baha

Bootaaay said:
I think SCEA said they have no plans to release it in the US, which is a shame as it's definetly one of the best games on PSN. The version on the EU store has been out for a few months now, but the Japanese version was out even earlier and has an awesome expansion pack that the EU version is yet to recieve - theres not much text in the game, so buying the game & the expansion from the JP store is the best option imo.

I think the best thing to do is keep pestering them to bring it over. I wouldn't mind doing PSN sharing for it but I want to buy the game in my own region =\

Jim

As expected, The Last Guy is hitting the North American PS Store next week for $9.99.
Japanese PSN am cry.

Slaylock

Jim said:
As expected, The Last Guy is hitting the North American PS Store next week for $9.99.
Japanese PSN am cry.
Certainly our JP friends are getting shafted on the price. Isn't it almost double the price there?

Dunno if this has been posted already but since it's not in the OP I'll say it anyway. EU Store was updated again today with a video of Pure and the 4 video files with the entire press conference.

Baha

Metalmurphy said:
Dunno if this has been posted already but since it's not in the OP I'll say it anyway. EU Store was updated again today with a video of Pure and the 4 video files with the entire press conference.

That was faster than expected, time to dl!

Zoe

Not A Fur said:
Where did you get your point card? Anyplace with less markup than play-asia?

eBay

That's a listing for the 5000 yen card, but they say you can get other denominations. Their turnaround was very quick after I sent my money.

Goldrusher

Metalmurphy said:

Nice!

part 1: PSP 3000
part 2: 160GB PS3, DC Universe Online, The Agency, Free Realms
part 3: SingStar, VidZone
part 4: PlayStation Eye, Heavy Rain

Each between 600 and 700MB big, 720p, ~10 minutes.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Zoe said:
eBay

That's a listing for the 5000 yen card, but they say you can get other denominations. Their turnaround was very quick after I sent my money.
i didn't mind the markup.

so what should i buy? anything on the japanese store that's a must have?

Zoe

mattiewheels said:
i didn't mind the markup.

Doesn't Play-Asia still send you the physical ticket?

I haven't decided what else to get with my card yet... eying Xenogears and Mainichi Issho stuff. Maybe Shikitei.

angelfly

Zoe said:
Doesn't Play-Asia still send you the physical ticket?

I haven't decided what else to get with my card yet... eying Xenogears and Mainichi Issho stuff. Maybe Shikitei.

Yeah play-asia still won't email codes.

zoku88

Jim said:
Japanese PSN am cry.
Ah ha! zoku wins again, take that duckroll!

I kid, I kid...

mattiewheels

so explain to someone again why the japanese PSN has about a million great ps1 games available (i see xenogears is there for $5 too), and for square to put something like xenogears out in america for $5 would be considered kind of ridiculous? is it easier to get things like that done in japan?

Brofist

mattiewheels said:
so explain to someone again why the japanese PSN has about a million great ps1 games available (i see xenogears is there for $5 too), and for square to put something like xenogears out in america for $5 would be considered kind of ridiculous? is it easier to get things like that done in japan?

Probably unless they just hate money

Zoe

mattiewheels said:

Direct access to the Japanese developers, looser holds on rights, JP PSN initiative, no localization worries

Pick your fav.

mattiewheels

Zoe said:
Direct access to the Japanese developers, looser holds on rights, JP PSN initiative, no localization worries

Pick your fav.
so basically red tape. damn.

i remembered someone mention a toro download on the japan store that cost some yen, do you know what that was?

Zoe

mattiewheels said:
i remembered someone mention a toro download on the japan store that cost some yen, do you know what that was?

I think that was a Shikitei thing?

mattiewheels

Zoe said:
I think that was a Shikitei thing?
a toro add-on to the shikitei game?

i was reading about shikitei, is it really good?

Top Bottom