• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 09/24/09 – TGS2009 | Lost Planet 2 Demo

netguy503

Synless said:
Seriously....that's stupid.

No...it's logical. That Zombie PSN game is releasing this week and Sony only puts out one "big" PSN game a week. They are just sticking to their pattern. I'd be surprised if they changed it. Though I think NA PSN will find Trine sales disappointing because everyone will probably be buying it from Europe and no one will buy it here by the time it comes out.

androvsky

netguy503 said:
No...it's logical. That Zombie PSN game is releasing this week and Sony only puts out one "big" PSN game a week. They are just sticking to their pattern. I'd be surprised if they changed it. Though I think NA PSN will find Trine sales disappointing because everyone will probably be buying it from Europe and no one will buy it here by the time it comes out.

Last I checked, buying something off the Euro store is a royal pain for people who don't live there, and the European PSN Cards don't come out for a couple weeks yet.

lupinko

WilyRook said:
Isn't the Brutal Legend demo going to be available for everyone else (me) this week?

No, not this week either.

It goes:

Ebgamestop demo > XBLA Gold > XBLA Silver + PSN.

You have to wait or ask someone who has it to share.

borsdy

Banned
Edgeward said:
That banner is all kinds of fuck awesome. That needs to be wallpaper sized. So not only can I have it, but it'll make it easier to find the wrestlers. I'm having a hard time finding them. =\
Yeah I can't find them either, someone please give us a hint as to where they are!

borsdy said:
Yeah I can't find them either, someone please give us a hint as to where they are!
They're hiding
in the crowd in the middle beneath the street light.
(more of an answer than a hint)

Degen

Well, this is the best update in a while. Demos I actually care about and Fallout 3 DLC? The monkey's gonna delay this into next week.

_dementia said:
looking forward to NGΣ2: Decap Edition
I see what you had done there.

DMeisterJ

Banned
GillaTheGorilla said:
Will it be too much to hope that they will put loads of UMD titles up for me to spend my hard earned money on?

All signs point to 240 or so being uploaded all in one update next week, as they said 300 by launch. But I'm sure we'll see something more like ten.

Massa

DMeisterJ said:
All signs point to 240 or so being uploaded all in one update next week, as they said 300 by launch. But I'm sure we'll see something more like ten.

We already know Persona, Motorstorm: AE, Gran Turismo and a bunch of NIS games are coming out Oct 1st.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
A minute after saying this banner would be hard to crack, I found it. Well done.

Seems like it will be another good week.

StuBurns

Banned
TheBrain76 said:
So is the NGS2 demo the same as the one frome the jp store or might we be rid of the purple smoke of doom?
Purple mist will still be there. Decapitations might make it in though.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Cromulent_Word said:
just a heads up... check the NA PlayStation Blog tomorrow for some Critter Crunch news WINK WINK

rk1vn4.gif

jvm

Gamasutra.
It's that time, eh?

PSP UMD Legacy: 2
PSP non-UMD: 1
PS1 Classics: 0
PS3 downloadable games: 3
PS3 demos: 2
Trine: 0

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
jvm said:
It's that time, eh?

PSP UMD Legacy: 2
PSP non-UMD: 1
PS1 Classics: 0
PS3 downloadable games: 3
PS3 demos: 2
Trine: 0

DC games: 0
PS2 games: 0

(See Sega leak thread for joke)

deleted

Cromulent_Word said:
just a heads up... check the NA PlayStation Blog tomorrow for some Critter Crunch news WINK WINK

Finally I can sink my teeth into a really good puzzler again :D . Hopefully the vs. mode will deliver!

GeoramA said:
you're telling me :D

DMPrince said:
I got first dibs on CC Voucher code!
we'll be having CC Voucher funtimes on GAF, that's for sure.

xyla said:
Finally I can sink my teeth into a really good puzzler again :D . Hopefully the vs. mode will deliver!
Versus is pretty much my favorite part of the game - i think it turned out well. matches are short but balanced, powerups kick ass, good play is really rewarded... but then again i am a little biased. I hope you like it.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Let me just say: I don't need a voucher. I'm willing to pay for a good game. I'd hope many of y'all are the same way.

deleted

Cromulent_Word said:
Versus is pretty much my favorite part of the game - i think it turned out well. matches are short but balanced, powerups kick ass, good play is really rewarded... but then again i am a little biased. I hope you like it.

Great! That sounds awesome.
Is there a barebone mode where you can turn off all powerups and its just skill based? Its great to start with normal vs mode and then, when you really "get" the gameplay you turn off all skill affecting factors.

xyla said:
Great! That sounds awesome.
Is there a barebone mode where you can turn off all powerups and its just skill based? Its great to start with normal vs mode and then, when you really "get" the gameplay you turn off all skill affecting factors.
The way VS. works is that you start off with baseline powerups. As you win matches, you gain exp. and rank up... and as you rank up you get access to new powerups. I think the powerups require a lot of skill (either to use, or to react when used on you), but again, thats just IMO.

To be honest, we cut a few VS. options because they complicated the experience... but if there's support for a "vanilla" versus mode without powerups, we'll listen and try to patch it in :)

jvm said:
Let me just say: I don't need a voucher. I'm willing to pay for a good game. I'd hope many of y'all are the same way.
Thanks for the support, its definitely appreciated.

Volcynika

gregor7777 said:
That will work I suppose. Wasn't it supposed to be available on retail release?

It was, but then Atlus sent out news of it being delayed. Why it was delayed is anyone's guess. No one's really said anything.

Top Bottom