• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 09/28/10 - Lara Croft & GOL | Swords&Soldiers

Carlisle

DMPrince said:
not sure if this would help but try loading the demo with(out) a umd?

are you on CFW or OFW?
OFW on Go, so no UMD. I was thinking it might be a system memory vs memory stick bug, so I'm gonna try installing it to the stick. But after that I'm out of ideas.

Angst

Carlisle said:
OFW on Go, so no UMD. I was thinking it might be a system memory vs memory stick bug, so I'm gonna try installing it to the stick. But after that I'm out of ideas.
Solution: Pause the game when the Santa Monica logo appears. Resume game from the XMB and it will work. I don't take credit for the solution, someone on the official board got it working this way and it worked for me as well.

boingball

jetsetfluken said:
The US Store has hit a new low...on the front page banner of the 3-4 rotating banners, one of them is "SORORITY GIRLZ DYNAMIC THEME!"

...really? How the US/EU stores (don't get me started on the lower divisions) are handled compared to JP (and even HK), they are becoming a laughing stock.

Also, it seems that the US store is advertising "OVER 100 PSONE CLASSICS" in the 15th Anniversary banner, and ironically it just hit 111 count. "Guys, we need to say we have over 100 PS1 games up...release the shovelware in bulk to get the number up before then!!!"

Also, are ANY publishers going to even support the US/EU Store avatar section besides Capcom USA/EU and Sony? It's seriously pathetic compared to the bulk packs (from varied publishers and types of games) Xbox Live gets each week. Does it really take that much to stand out from the 100 other same-old avatars on your friends list?

ALSO, the Blazblue character DLC was just...added with no title of the game. Nothing even in the description that points it has anything to do with BlazBlue. Though this is probably Aksys' fault with the submission details. Yep, just thrown on the sloppy main listing along with all the other unsorted pieces of content in the update. Sony needs to do something about this way of updating, though the casual browsers won't care to look if it's categorized and not all in their face at once, so I guess there's no winning.
/rant

On the bright side, I bought Lara Croft, but still need to finish Deathspank ToV.

I could not agree more. It seems to be to difficult to put up at least the 15 year avatar and wallpapers on the european store for today's birthday... Probably they have no idea that such stuff exists on the US Store (The communication between the different regions seems to be non-existant).

In my opinion Sony needs to hire some professional and more important passionate people to handle the stores.

Do daily updates!

Every day there should be at least one new paid-for game for the PS3 (this can be a PSN game, a Mini or a PSOne classic)
Every day there should be at least one new paid-for game for the PSP (this can be a PSP new/legacy game, a Mini or a PSOne classic)
Spread the DLC around (Monday Rockband, Tuesday GuitarHero, Wednesday LBP, Thursday Modnation, Friday EA, Saturday Singstar, Sunday Rest)
Make a 24h sale every day for one object (could be a game or a theme or a DLC or whatever, $0,99 for SuperStardust HD for 24h)
Put demos up when you are allowed to (from the publisher)
Every day should also have some avatars, wallpapers and themes
Put more videos on the store and in a more timely manner! I cannot believe that the 1st party game videos are not on the store 1st... (I know, PSN is free and servers/bandwidth cost money, but hey Sony, this is marketing expenses!)

Talk to the publishers! Be pro-active for demos, avatars, PSOne classics, PSP DD etc!

On the bright side, I bought Lara Croft, and I have finished Deathspank ToV:D .

Carlisle

Angst said:
Solution: Pause the game when the Santa Monica logo appears. Resume game from the XMB and it will work. I don't take credit for the solution, someone on the official board got it working this way and it worked for me as well.
wtf that's so bizarre. thanks for the help. I'll give it a shot when I get home.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Carlisle said:
I had no problems playing European version of the demo on Go. It would suck if they messed up the US version of demo.

Rlan

Guys, I need some help in regards to my Leaderboard stuff. Right now what I'm missing from the list of recent games is DeathSpank: TOV's Leaderboards. Who here owns it on PSN, and if you can could you tell me how many players are currently on the leaderboards?

Thanks!

Top Bottom