• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 09/28/10 - Lara Croft & GOL | Swords&Soldiers

brandonh83 said:
I've been so excited all day waiting for the store to update under the presumption it would include the demo. They were very clear about it being available today.
I blame Grace Chen :lol I too anticipated some werewolf slaughtering. It's cool though dude, tomorrow isn't far off :D

DevilWillcry said:
I blame Grace Chen :lol I too anticipated some werewolf slaughtering. It's cool though dude, tomorrow isn't far off :D

There is liquid rage flowing through my veins. If I were to impregnate a girl today she would give birth to a hairless cat with horns and a serpentine tail, pre-installed with rabies and fuck off.

Nizz

brandonh83 said:
I've been so excited all day waiting for the store to update under the presumption it would include the demo. They were very clear about it being available today.
Wait, wait, wait.... No Castlevania: LoS demo tonight? Fuck, I was really anticipating trying that out tonight.

consoul

joytiq said:
Tabata confirmed that Square was actively working to get the games on PSN, explaining that the publisher is "making adjustments" to bring Parasite Eve and Parasite Eve 2 to the PlayStation Store.
1st Birthday.
2nd Birthday.

There's no way they're going to reacquire the license for the Parasite Eve name (or they would have done so for 3rd Birthday already). I'm guessing the "adjustments" include removal of the PE name.

V_Ben

Banned
consoul said:
1st Birthday.
2nd Birthday.

There's no way they're going to reacquire the license for the Parasite Eve name (or they would have done so for 3rd Birthday already). I'm guessing the "adjustments" include removal of the PE name.

Yep, that sounds about right.

consoul said:
1st Birthday.
2nd Birthday.

Between this possibility, Sally Menke dying, and the Castlevania demo betrayalton, this is one fucking shitty day.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
brandonh83 said:
There is liquid rage flowing through my veins. If I were to impregnate a girl today she would give birth to a hairless cat with horns and a serpentine tail, pre-installed with rabies and fuck off.

WTF. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol You're a little over-excited over a 3D Castelvania, duder.

Also SFAlpha1 on sale this week. Not bad for $2.99, but I'm saving my cash for Arc the Lad. Sorry, Capcom.

Blu_LED said:
Are those Japanese PSone games worth playing?

Gaia Seed is an average shmup that commands a ridiculously high price, more thanks to it's scarcity than it's overall quality - the game is decidedly old-school, it's paralax scrolling graphics looking well dated even by 1996 PSX standards, and the difficulty is seriously unforgiving. I'd only recommend it to fans of old-school shmups - however, the games one shining light in my opinion is the fantastic soundtrack, awesome stuff.

Cho Aniki on the other hand, it's not a good game at all - probably the worst of the Cho Aniki shooters, but it's certainly bizarre and might provide a few laughs, just not much gameplay fun.

TheSeks said:
WTF. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol You're a little over-excited over a 3D Castelvania, duder.

A 3D Castlevania done right is absolutely worth being excited for IMO.

By the way, sometimes, things people say on the internet are over-dramatized ;)

jvm

Gamasutra.
Downloading Tomb Raider, Pac-man CE, Arc the Lad, and Lumines PSP. Sweet night.

Hope I remembered which game TheSeks is pining for...

I'm lying, of course. Pac-man CE isn't out, Arc the Lad isn't either, and Lumines PSP won't ever happen.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
jvm said:

You did. But it's coming in two weeks, if Vic Ireland is right and Chen doesn't hate me. ;)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
jvm said:

GAH DAMNIT JVM I read your post and jumped up in happiness for Lumines PSP.

Why must you crush the chubigans. ;_;

jvm

Gamasutra.
chubigans said:
GAH DAMNIT JVM I read your post and jumped up in happiness for Lumines PSP.

Why must you crush the chubigans. ;_;
Yeah, I know, it's cruel. But I'm so dejected each week, it makes me feel a tiny bit better.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I had a dream Arc the Lad and Alundra came to the PSN store just a few minutes ago.

GeoramA

brandonh83 said:
Between this possibility, Sally Menke dying, and the Castlevania demo betrayalton, this is one fucking shitty day.
This. I was really, really anticipating the LoS demo tonight. Plus my Dead Rising 2 copy didn't arrive yet either, so I have zilch to play tonight.

Awful day.

GeoramA said:
This. I was really, really anticipating the LoS demo tonight. Plus my Dead Rising 2 copy didn't arrive yet either, so I have zilch to play tonight.

Awful day.

at least we have a roof over our head

anddo0

Got Lara Croft & GOL... Lot's of skipped $15 PSN games lately.. Lara Croft seems to be worth it so far..

I'll purchase the VC2 DLC, after reading what users have to say... Don't want to blow $4.99 on glorified side missions.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Any reviews on Swords and Soldiers?

Apparently my Assassin's Creed II DLC from the US store works on my Region 3 copy. Grace Chen redeemed.

ULTROS! said:
Any reviews on Swords and Soldiers?

Apparently my Assassin's Creed II DLC from the US store works on my Region 3 copy. Grace Chen redeemed.

Haven't read any review but I tried the demo last week, it was a fun game, but if it is the same thing, can probably get repetitive.

Try the demo out :)

Hanmik

EU store Blog is up:

PlayStation Store (via PS3, PSP and Media Go)

Special Offers
(Offer prices available until the 13th of October)
Savage Moon (was – £6.29/€7.99 now – £3.19/€3.99)
Savage Moon – Waldgeist Pack (was – £3.19/€3.99 now – £1.59/€1.99)
Brain Challenge (was – £3.99/€4.99 now – £0.79/€0.99)
Brain Challenge – Expansion Pack (was – £1.59/€1.99 now – £0.79/€0.99)
Astro Tripper (was – £3.19/€3.99 now – £2.39/€2.99)
Super Street Fighter IV – Alternate Costume Pack (was – £13.99/€17.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
Dante’s Inferno (PSP) (was – £31.99/€39.99 now – £23.99/€29.99)
Medal of Honor: Heroes (PSP) (was – £11.99/€14.99 now – £8.99/€11.25)
Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 (PSP) (was – £15.99/€19.99 now – £11.99/€14.99)
Disney’s Action Game feat. Hercules (PSone) (was – £5.10/€6.49 now – £3.99/€4.99)
The Little Mermaid II (PSone) (was – £3.99/€4.99 now – £3.19/€3.99)

Permanent Price Reduction
Madden NFL Arcade (was – £9.99/€12.99 now – £6.29/€7.99)

Downloadable Games – Trial and Unlock (PS3)
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (Trial free, Unlock Key £9.99/€12.99) Rating: PEGI 12
Availability: All locales

TerRover (Trial free, Unlock Key £8.99/€11.25) Rating: PEGI 3
Availability: Not available in Australia or New Zealand

Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue (Trial free, Unlock Key £9.99/€12.99) Rating: PEGI 12

Downloadable Games (PSP)
FIFA 11 (Releasing Friday 1st Oct) (£31.99/€39.99) Rating: PEGI 3

UFC Undisputed 2010 (£31.99/€39.99) Rating: PEGI 16
Availability: Not available in Portugal or Russia

GTI Club Supermini Festa! (£23.99/€29.99) Rating: PEGI 3
Availability: All Locales

PSP Essentials
The Sims 2: Pets (£7.99/€9.99) Rating: PEGI 12

NBA Live 09 (£7.99/€9.99) Rating: PEGI 3
Availability: Only available in Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Spain, UAE and UK

minis (PS3/PSP)
Beach Buzzin’ Chopper (£2.49/€2.99) Rating: PEGI 7
Availability: Only available in France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, Spain and UK

Apache Overkill (£1.99/€2.49) Rating: PEGI 7

Future Fight (£3.99/€4.99) Rating: PEGI 7
Availability: Not available in Belgium and Netherlands

Demos (PS3)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Rating: PEGI 16
Availability: Not available in Germany

EA SPORTS MMA Rating: PEGI 18
Availability: Not available in Denmark, Germany and Russia

My Sims: Sky Heroes Rating: PEGI 3
Availability: Not available in Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Turkey and UAE

WRC FIA World Rally Championship Rating: PEGI 12

Demos (PSP)
God of War: Ghost of Sparta Rating: PEGI 16
Availability: Not available in Germany

Add-On Game Content (PS3)
FIFA 11
All Leagues Live Season Pack (contains all the packs listed below)
(£7.99/€9.99)
Barclays Premier League Live Season (£1.99/€2.49)
French Ligue 1 Live Season (£1.99/€2.49)
Italian Serie A Live Season (£1.99/€2.49)
German Bundesliga Live Season (£1.99/€2.49)
Spanish Liga BBVS Live Season (£1.99/€2.49)
Rating: PEGI 3

Mafia II

Greaser Pack (£1.99/€2.49)
War Hero Pack (£1.99/€2.49)
Vegas Pack (£1.99/€2.49)
Renegade Pack (£1.99/€2.49)
Rating: PEGI 18

Borderlands – Claptrap’s New Robot Revolution (£6.29/€7.99) Rating: PEGI 16

Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue
The Snowy Mountain Dungeon (£2.39/€2.99)
Liars and Cheats (£0.79/€0.99)
Rating: PEGI 12

Sonic Adventure – DX Upgrade (£3.19/€3.99) Rating: PEGI 7

ModNation Racers – Air Raid Pack (£1.39/€1.75) Rating: PEGI 7

Naughty Bear – Episode 9: The Treasure of Bear Beard (£3.99/€4.99) Rating: PEGI 12

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock – Soundgarden ‘Telephantasm’ Album (£11.99/€14.99) Rating: PEGI 12

Rock Band
Snoop Dogg Pack 01 (£7.49/€10.99)
‘Closer to the Edge’ by 30 Seconds to Mars (£0.99/€1.49)
‘Coffin Nails’ by Atreyu (£0.99/€1.49)
‘I’m Not Okay (I Promise)’ by My Chemical Romance (£0.99/€1.49)
‘Listen to the Music’ by The Doobie Brothers (£0.99/€1.49)
‘Long Train Running’ by The Doobie Brothers (£0.99/€1.49)
‘Out of Line’ by Buckcherry (£0.99/€1.49)
‘Welcome to the Black Parade’ by My Chemical Romance (£0.99/€1.49)
Anthrax Pack 01 (£4.39/€6.59) (contains all the tracks listed below)
‘Among the Living’ (£0.99/€1.49)
‘I’m The Man’ (£0.99/€1.49)
‘Indians’ (£0.99/€1.49)
‘Madhouse (Live)’ (£0.99/€1.49)
‘Metal Thrashing Mad (Live)’ (£0.99/€1.49)

Availability: Not available in Czech Republic, Greece, Luxembourg, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and UAE

Rock Band Network
‘Cali Girl’ by Ba (£0.59/€0.79)
‘First We Feast, Then We Felony’ by Circus Circus (£0.59/€0.79)
‘Hail Destroyer’ by Cancer Bats (£0.99/€1.49)
‘Leaderless and Self Enlisted’ by Norma Jean (£0.99/€1.49)
‘Now Demolition’ by Evile (£0.99/€1.49)

Availability: Not available in Czech Republic, Greece, Luxembourg, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and UAE

Add-On Game Content (PSP)
LittleBigPlanet – MotorStorm Costume Pack (£0.79/€0.99) Rating: PEGI 7
Availability: Not available in Croatia, India, Slovenia and Turkey

Applications (PS3)
PlayMemories (free)

FirstPlay (PS3)
FirstPlay Episode 026 (£0.99/€1.20)
Availability: Ireland and UK only

Soundtracks (PS3)
ModNation Racers (£3.99/€4.99) Rating: PEGI 7

Videos (PS3)
Bulletstorm Gamescom Trailer
Mass Effect 2 Announcement Trailer
R.U.S.E. Launch Trailer
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon TGS Trailer

Dynamic Themes (PS3)
Kung Fu Rider (£1.59/€1.99)
Goldfish Pond (£1.59/€1.99)

Premium Themes (PS3)
Disruptive
Blackbeards Curse (£1.19/€1.49)
Mayan Skulls (£1.19/€1.49)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/09/29/heads-up-game-store-update-29th-september-2010/

ULTROS!

Guess I'll try out the LoS demo when the store goes live.

Oh and I got my 2nd platinum trophy, which is Assassin's Creed 2, yay. :D

Ponn

Banned
Okay, seriously, W..T...F!!!! I download the VC II DLC on my psp, one purchase on the PSN store says it contains 22 missions. yipppeeee right? Goes to download screen and you have to download each of the 22 missions seperately. Seriously, what the hell!!?? If they aren't going to put it in one download pack at least consider the PSP doesn't have a download all feature.

The US Store has hit a new low...on the front page banner of the 3-4 rotating banners, one of them is "SORORITY GIRLZ DYNAMIC THEME!"

...really? How the US/EU stores (don't get me started on the lower divisions) are handled compared to JP (and even HK), they are becoming a laughing stock.

Also, it seems that the US store is advertising "OVER 100 PSONE CLASSICS" in the 15th Anniversary banner, and ironically it just hit 111 count. "Guys, we need to say we have over 100 PS1 games up...release the shovelware in bulk to get the number up before then!!!"

Also, are ANY publishers going to even support the US/EU Store avatar section besides Capcom USA/EU and Sony? It's seriously pathetic compared to the bulk packs (from varied publishers and types of games) Xbox Live gets each week. Does it really take that much to stand out from the 100 other same-old avatars on your friends list?

ALSO, the Blazblue character DLC was just...added with no title of the game. Nothing even in the description that points it has anything to do with BlazBlue. Though this is probably Aksys' fault with the submission details. Yep, just thrown on the sloppy main listing along with all the other unsorted pieces of content in the update. Sony needs to do something about this way of updating, though the casual browsers won't care to look if it's categorized and not all in their face at once, so I guess there's no winning.
/rant

On the bright side, I bought Lara Croft, but still need to finish Deathspank ToV.

ULTROS!

Corto said:
...and, Congratulation Ultros. :D

Thanks. Believe it or not, I bought The Battle of Forli just to get the Fly Swatter trophy (because I missed it and am not willing to replay the whole game again). Fortunately I had fun with it (although
it's ending was a major cliffhanger
).

Oh, awesome - Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood multiplayer beta for EU PSN+ subscribers.

Had no idea this was coming and was just debating yesterday whether or not to bother buying this instalment, so the beta couldn't have arrived at a better time.

Carlisle

Anyone else having trouble with the Ghost of Sparta demo? I've downloaded, deleted, and redownloaded it 4 times now and it always crashes my PSP to a full shutdown after the Santa Monica Studios logo.

Carlisle said:
Anyone else having trouble with the Ghost of Sparta demo? I've downloaded, deleted, and redownloaded it 4 times now and it always crashes my PSP to a full shutdown after the Santa Monica Studios logo.
not sure if this would help but try loading the demo with(out) a umd?

are you on CFW or OFW?

Spwn

Well that's a bummer. Was really looking forward to spend some money, but I guess you don't want them, Sony.

will probably get Lara Croft later

Top Bottom