• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store PLAY 2015 Starts Tuesday

lt519

Bought em all last year and loved every one. Not sure about N++ or Galak-Z (just looks like Luftrausers in space) this year so probably just gonna get Journey since I skipped it on the PS3 for the inevitable remake.

Damn good lineup, I'd grab all but N++. Hope EU/AU get the same deal!

They didn't participate in last year's PLAY promotion, did they? Regardless, the PS+ discounts ought to be in effect, it's just the "pre-order X & Y and get 10% off coupon" promotion that might not extend across the pond.

Edit: Okay, just looked at the EU's PS Blog archive. Looks like while they don't participate in the PLAY promotion, they did offer 4 consecutive weeks of sales on a variety of titles during the same period, in addition to the PS+ discounts on the same PLAY titles (last year it was Rouge Legacy, The Swapper, CounterSpy, and Hohokum).

Bought em all last year and loved every one. Not sure about N++ or Galak-Z (just looks like Luftrausers in space) this year so probably just gonna get Journey since I skipped it on the PS3 for the inevitable remake.

While that tagline alone is enough to prompt me to purchase lol it really is a lot deeper than that. The AI they're bringing to bear alone is worth the price of admission, imo. The interview with them during E3 [LINK] is a pretty good primer on what you can expect.

They didn't participate in last year's PLAY promotion, did they? Regardless, the PS+ discounts ought to be in effect, it's just the "pre-order X & Y and get 10% off coupon" promotion that might not extend across the pond.

Edit: Okay, just looked at the EU's PS Blog archive. Looks like while they don't participate in the PLAY promotion, they did offer 4 consecutive weeks of sales on a variety of titles during the same period, in addition to the PS+ discounts on the same PLAY titles (last year it was Rouge Legacy, The Swapper, CounterSpy, and Hohokum).

Yeah as long as we end up with the discount I'll grab Rapture at the very least.

Might end up getting 3/4 which is way more than past Play deals. Already have Journey and getting Everybody's Gone of the Rapture for sure (was afraid it might be way more expensive). Will probably end up getting N++ as well.

Loudninja

First up is Journey.
  • Arcade Archives MagMax, PS4 — Digital
  • F1 2015, PS4 — Digital, Retail
  • Hatoful Boyfriend, PS4, PS Vita — Digital
  • Journey, PS4 — Digital (Cross Buy with PS3)
  • Nutjitsu, PS4 — Digital
  • Onechanbara Z2: Chaos, PS4 — Digital, Retail
  • Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror, PS4 — Digital (Cross Buy with PS Vita)
  • Q.U.B.E: Director’s Cut, PS4, PS3 — Digital (Cross Buy)
  • Squares, PS Vita — Digital
  • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, PS4 — Retail
  • Yasai Ninja, PS4 — Digital
  • Zombie Army Trilogy, PS4 — Retail
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/07/19/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-7212015/

I don't know much about these besides Journey obviously but going by all the positive posts I'm willing to accept them into my library with open arms.

Not to disparage Luftrausers, but Galak-Z certainly looks like much more than that.

Replicant

Is "Everybody Going to the Rapture" is gonna be similar to "Myst"? As in barely any character interaction? I want to get it but a bit reluctant from what little I saw of "Dear Esther".

It sounds like a well-made game, but the team's priorities don't align with what I would personally want out of it, so it doesn't really make sense for me to get it for the price they offer. And seeing how the price point is seemingly a necessity as one of the developers explained earlier, the game's gone from a maybe to a no for me.

That comment from the developer explaining why the game would not be on plus and would become more expensive was exactly why I preordered. I'm hesitant to preorder the others because like others have said, the play promotion games have frequently ended up as PS Plus free titles. Sad to say the benefit is making me buy less but I already have so much to play anyway.

Had no idea Journey would be given free to people who already bought it on PS3. That gave me some spending room so I picked up Rapture. Galak-Z looks really cool as well might I get it too.

Loudninja

Next up N++
  • Abyss Odyssey: Extended Dream Edition, PS4 — Digital
  • BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend, PS Vita — Digital, Retail
  • Deadpool, PS3 — Digital
  • King’s Quest — Chapter 1: A Knight to Remember, PS4, PS3 — Digital
  • Legend of Kay Anniversary, PS4, PS3 — Digital, Retail (Out 7/29)
  • Life is Strange — Episode 4, PS4, PS3 — Digital
  • Lost Dimension, PS3, PS Vita — Digital, Retail
  • N++, PS4 — Digital
  • The Swindle, PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital (Three Way Cross Buy)
  • Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment, PS4 — Digital
  • Velocibox, PS4, PS Vita — Digital
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/07/26/the-drop-new-games-this-week/

After watching the latest trailer for Everyone's Gone to the Rapture, I think I'll be preordering that and buying Journey, then using my 10% discount to preorder Battlefront and maybe The Taken King.

Plus, I have Best Buy Reward Zone coupons to use, so I'll get the Nathan Drake Collection there... Ugh... My gaming backlog is going to be huge.

After watching the latest trailer for Everyone's Gone to the Rapture, I think I'll be preordering that and buying Journey, then using my 10% discount to preorder Battlefront and maybe The Taken King.

Plus, I have Best Buy Reward Zone coupons to use, so I'll get the Nathan Drake Collection there... Ugh... My gaming backlog is going to be huge.

I didn't pre-order journey (stupid me) but I might pre order Everyone's gone to the rapture, I already bought Galak-Z and am loving it.

autoduelist

Galak-Z is quite different from Luftrausers other than both having you being a pilot and control via thrust. Luftrausers is a pure score attack game, Galak-z has a mission/story based narrative with randomly designed 'dungeons' (interiors of large asteroids, or spaceships, etc). Very, very different in gameplay. Luftrausers has no cover, no respite... just pure action that speeds up in intensity until you die. Galax-Z offers rpg-like skills/effects/weapons to customize your ship over each season, has lots of cover, environmental tactics, etc.

Both are excellent in their own way.

DOWN

Banned
Still no sign of the 10% off code. It's supposed to be today. I wanna give you money Sony. Lemme buy MGSV dogg.

With a reward as lame as a meger 10% off you'd think they'd at least get the codes out in a timely fashion.

Was going to buy danganronpa with my coupon but now it's too late.

IvanJ

Banned
Got my code, but have no idea what to use it on. I hope I'll think of something during the next 30 days.

Plasma

Banned
Got my code though it would be nice if they gave you more time to use it, the expiration date is the 30th of this month.

Code is supposed to show up via the xmb, right? I'll check on my PS4 notifications and the "from playstation" tab and still nothing.

drotahorror

Hey all, I'm not gonna use my 10% off code due to not having anything to buy hah. So here it is

quote to reveal

*best used on Until Dawn or Driveclub.
*hopefully it's not tied to an account. Also North America if that matters.

Top Bottom