• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation TV Thread: Vita Who?

yes, so a potential £30 (£18 fee) on top of the £48 :(

£18 handling fee is only if it comes via Parcelforce, Royal Mail is an £8 handling fee and FedEx is £12. VAT would be just under £10. Assuming they offer SAL on that it'll be Royal Mail delivery, so you'd be paying about £18 total for customs. EMS is the one shipping option you never want to use since that's Parcelforce.

IMACOMPUTA

This is perhaps the most pointless device released in a long time in the industry. Originally labeled as Vita TV, it turns out that only plays a handful of Vita titles...ok.
Hopefully it bombs as hard as it did in Japan so we don't see Sony wasting their time and money in a similar product.

It surely beats buying a bedroom ps4 for the rare times I'd want to play ps4 in bed.

napalmjam

Cant wait for this been looking forward to its uk release 😁 if the vita was hacked this could be a great wee emubox .

jwk94

This is perhaps the most pointless device released in a long time in the industry. Originally labeled as Vita TV, it turns out that only plays a handful of Vita titles...ok.
Hopefully it bombs as hard as it did in Japan so we don't see Sony wasting their time and money in a similar product.

So because you don't think it has any uses means it's pointless?

Interfectum

You seem like an intelligent person.

Aww man, the FAQ on the PS Blog says the DualShock 4's headphone jack isn't supported on PS TV. :(

I was going to import one, but I think I'll buy it here so the black will match my PS4 and I'll be supporting the local release.

I can confirm the european version of FFXHD is NOT working on a japanese PS TV yet.

massively disappointed here, I hope SE or Sony will fix this, since the the US version seems playable on a japanese device.

"Ultimate FAQ" still neglects to mention support for physical Vita games. Already people in the comments are complaining it doesn't support them. *sigh*
Customers can purchase supported PS Vita games at retailers, or purchase and download games from PlayStation Store to PS TV’s internal memory or a memory card. Customers can also purchase digital games through the Sony Entertainment Network online store via their PC.
Maybe it could be a little clearer, though.

MrD2DG

Neo Member
Really tempted by that VitaTV offer on Play Asia...

Do any of you guys know if the Asian version comes with the update that enables DualShock 4 support pre-installed? I only have DualShock 4's here (No PS3) and don't want to buy something and then not be able to control it

Doesn't even come with a charging cable.

Anyone jumping in without a PS3 or PS4 is kind of stuck. Who has a mini-USB-->USB cord laying around? Dumb decision.

I can confirm the european version of FFXHD is NOT working on a japanese PS TV yet.

massively disappointed here, I hope SE or Sony will fix this, since the the US version seems playable on a japanese device.
I'm guessing the EU game whitelist won't be ready until closer to the EU launch.

Can PS TV and PS4 users voice chat together?

PS TV and PS4 users will be able to communicate with each other via text messages and voice chat using the Party app and a supported Bluetooth headset.

...but...

Will Gold Wireless Headset and PULSE wireless stereo headset – Elite Edition work on PS TV at launch in North America? What about other wireless headsets?

PS TV will not support the Gold Wireless Headset, Silver Headset, and Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset – Elite Edition. PS TV generally supports Bluetooth headsets, speakers, and keyboards.

..also...

Speaker and Stereo headset jack on a DS4 are not supported on PS TV.

So if I understand this correctly, in order to voice chat while gaming with PS TV, I need to get a bluetooth headset that isn't one of the aforementioned Sony branded headsets which are primarily designed for gaming? Dafuq?

The only bit of hope I see of this being remedied is the fact that the second question mentions at launch.

Under the Remote Play section of the FAQ it says:
Are there any other cross-functional capabilities between PS TV and PS4 users?
Players can voice chat or text chat between the PS4 and PS TV systems using the Party application, even during gameplay.

If this is accurate, that's a pretty big deal. Right now starting remote play on the Vita automatically kills the party chat application and there is no way to transmit chat over remote play (you can still hear people in your party on the PS4.)

I have a bad feeling that it's a typo. They don't seem to be answering any questions in the blog post.

thundr51

Ok, since this has a USB port would it be possible to plugin a fight stick? Of course if the answer to that is yes, would it be possible to use a USB hub for 2 sticks?

Hahaha!
Get out.

CRA5H

Under the Remote Play section of the FAQ it says:
Are there any other cross-functional capabilities between PS TV and PS4 users?
Players can voice chat or text chat between the PS4 and PS TV systems using the Party application, even during gameplay.

If this is accurate, that's a pretty big deal. Right now starting remote play on the Vita automatically kills the party chat application and there is no way to transmit chat over remote play (you can still hear people in your party on the PS4.)

I have a bad feeling that it's a typo. They don't seem to be answering any questions in the blog post.
It probably is just a misinterpretation. I'm pretty sure they haven't fixed the Remote Play killing Party Chat app. I think what they mean is they can do party chat as long as you aren't using remote play.

It probably is just a misinterpretation. I'm pretty sure they haven't fixed the Remote Play killing Party Chat app. I think what they mean is they can do party chat as long as you aren't using remote play.
The answer is under the Remote Play section though and says "even during gameplay."

CRA5H

So if I'm playing remote play on the PS TV, can I still use the Gold headset connected to the PS4?
Possibly but even if you could and you were far enough from the PS4, you will probably get a bunch of static and possible disconnects.

jwk94

So if I'm playing remote play on the PS TV, can I still use the Gold headset connected to the PS4?
Yeah but you'd have to be closer enough to the ps4 for the signal to pick up.

Did this last weekend from like a few feet away from the ps4 and it worked well.

CRA5H

The answer is under the Remote Play section though and says "even during gameplay."
Well they better deliver on this promise then. How many times has my fireteam in Destiny lost because I couldn't comm to them while playing on my Vita.

Well they better deliver on this promise then. How many times has my fireteam in Destiny lost because I couldn't comm to them while playing on my Vita.
Hell, one of the main reasons I want a Vita TV is so that I could use the Vita to be on party chat while I play Destiny. If I can just do that with a Vita, that would be half the battle (the other half would be to use the Dualshock 4.)

Matriox

For someone looking for a Roku alternative that plays a few Vita games, Playstation Now, and PS1-2 titles, I don't feel like this is anywhere near the most pointless device released in the industry...

jwk94

For someone looking for a Roku alternative that plays a few Vita games, Playstation Now, and PS1-2 titles, I don't feel like this is anywhere near the most pointless device released in the industry...
Roku alternative in what sense?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Now/PlayStation-Now-Title-List/td-p/44466574

CTRL + F = white k

ibpPQQA1x0zulh.gif

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
So, I was going to get a Vita, but now that I realize that this is very close to coming out, should I wait to get this instead? What do?

Matriox

So, I was going to get a Vita, but now that I realize that this is very close to coming out, should I wait to get this instead? What do?

Depends on your reasons for a Vita and whether the games you want to play on the Vita actually work on the Playstation TV. You might want to check it out first because not every Vita game is compatible. I personally still prefer my Vita for remoteplay at work and at my brothers house.

Depends what games you want to play. PS TV can't play some Vita games due to touch/gyro controls, including Uncharted, Gravity Rush and Wipeout.

It can play Persona 4 though and that's the most important one.

Top Bottom