• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation TV Thread: Vita Who?

jjasper

So will they update the psp/psone games that are compatible? I noticed at least one of my psone games (Grandia) isn't on the list and I am just wondering if it will ever work since it is vita compatible as far as I know.

I mean since I can remote play I guess its closer to an Apple TV but the PS TV is supposedly to get major streaming services which is why most folks buy Roku's.

roku has basically everything though...this box won't even come close to that. i hope i'm wrong, but this is an awful alternative to a roku in terms of media streaming.

dlna and netflix are a start, but they need to get amazon, hbo go, watchespn, etc on this thing for it to even dream of competing in that space

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Now/PlayStation-Now-Title-List/td-p/44466574

CTRL + F = white k

ibpPQQA1x0zulh.gif

why did they remove the MGS games from PSNow? MGS4 and MGS HD collection were both on there a few weeks ago when i looked

Number45

Yeah you should be fine then...maybe.
^_^

I'm already having some challenges with Vita remote play. If I can't get that to a place that I'm happy with then I doubt I'll take the plunge, but if I do then the headphone support is a deal maker/breaker (because the second TV has just the TV speaker and I'm right next to the room that has ALL THE SPEAKERS).

Matriox

roku has basically everything though...this box won't even come close to that. i hope i'm wrong, but this is an awful alternative to a roku in terms of media streaming.

dlna and netflix are a start, but they need to get amazon, hbo go, watchespn, etc on this thing for it to even dream of competing in that space

Now if I'm wrong I do apologize, but I'm under the impression that those apps are coming.

EDIT: Not a confirmation by any stretch of the word, but heres where I'm thinking we'll see them:
Engadget Article said:
There's just one major unknown in Sony's announcement of the PlayStation TV and that's what third-party streaming-video apps it'll launch with, if any. Kapitula wouldn't directly comment on which apps we'd see make their way to the device, but she did say Sony is "looking to partner with the different companies [it] partnered with on other platforms." It's the strongest hint that we'll be seeing the likes of Netflix, Hulu, Amazon and even HBO Go arrive on PlayStation TV. Whether they'll be around on day one, though, is an entirely different matter.

If I get a yes to this question I'm buying this day 1. Can I play Valkyria Chronicles 2 coop with my friend in another city, with me on the Playstation TV and him on his OG PSP?

Ok, since this has a USB port would it be possible to plugin a fight stick? Of course if the answer to that is yes, would it be possible to use a USB hub for 2 sticks?
PS1/PS2 sticks might work with an adapter like the InPin. It depends on whether or not the PSTV interfaces with the controller as a wired device when it's plugged in. If the PSTV just uses the USB port to sync the controller, then wired controllers or adapters of any kind are out.

I have an InPin PS2 to PS3 adapter if anyone with a Vita TV in the Austin area wants to test.

koopas

So, I have a 64gb card loaded up with all sorts of digital titles that are supported by the (bc?) list.

It's my understanding I can simply plop the card into the ps tv and start playing?

So, I have a 64gb card loaded up with all sorts of digital titles that are supported by the (bc?) list.

It's my understanding I can simply plop the card into the ps tv and start playing?
As long as you've associated your PSN account with your PS TV, I believe so.

PSYGN

Will this allow me to play Killzone Mercenary with the DS4? Can't aim for shit with the little Vita analog sticks.

Besaide

Buying to act as a second playstation 4. Being able to hook it up at my computer desk along with using a controller will be amazing when the wife is using the TV.

Not a fan of having to buy another memory card but I suppose I can just swap my 64gb one between the vita and vitaTV.

Dragon

Banned

Yes that's what I did with my JP Playstation TV.

ksdixon

I forget, has sony already killed-off their HDTV division? Wouldn't it have made more sense to build PS3/PS4 Remote Play into their Bravia TV sets and market those as 'PlayStation TV'?

Could have named this PSVitaTV/PSTV device as PSCast/PSStream etc.

I'm really exited for this but I'm not sure if I should get the Lego Bundle or hold on until a better bundle comes out. Thankfully most of the games I want to play are compatible like: Killzone Mercenary, Freedom Wars, Persona 4 Golden, and Dragons' Crown. Also, does anybody know if Killzone Liberation Chapter 5 DLC will be playable on the PSTV?

Will definitely be picking this up just to play Vita games on my TV.

I think the reason handhelds don't cut it for me anymore is because I'm either at work or at home. At work, there's no time to play a handheld for obvious reasons. And at home, why play on the small screen of a Vita when I can play my PS4?

And with controller support for Vita games? Oh boy. Is the DualShock 4 supported for all TV enabled Vita games?

LAM09

I justed wanted to know something in regards to save data for PS4 games. Is it saved on the PS TV, PS4, or stored online?

ascii42

And with controller support for Vita games? Oh boy. Is the DualShock 4 supported for all TV enabled Vita games?

Sounds like it. From the FAQ, Options is treated as the Start button and Share is treated as the Select button, so I don't think any game should have an issue.

wowzors

Lack of 1080p makes me a sad panda :( upside should be able to plug this in direct to the TV, can't imagine vita games supporting Dolby digital.

nikos

Between my PS4, PS3, Vita and Sony TV (stream services built in) I have no use for this. That being said, I still want it.

klee123

Got mine ordered, can't wait.

You know, I think it would have been awesome if Sony released a Vita TV with a UMD Drive.

Ok, so if you play an older PSP game can you select a lower resolution like 480p or does this thing have a good hardware scaler inside of it? If it has a hardware scaler that does 1080i then holy balls that thing is going to look amazing on my crt. If it's not hardware or is just crappy crap then meh still better than nothing I guess.

ascii42

Ok, so if you play an older PSP game can you select a lower resolution like 480p or does this thing have a good hardware scaler inside of it? If it has a hardware scaler that does 1080i then holy balls that thing is going to look amazing on my crt. If it's not hardware or is just crappy crap then meh still better than nothing I guess.

It has a hardware scaler. The Vita 1000 had it too, actually. They took it out in the 2000, though.

It has a hardware scaler. The Vita 1000 had it too, actually. They took it out in the 2000, though.

damn really? Day 1 for me then.
I mean yeah, I guess would need to be hardware since it's just a tiny system. I was just thinking the PS1 and PSP games may be scaled through software, but if it's through a hardware scaler then I would guess PS1 games will look better on the Vita TV than on a PS3 slim.

And I still own an original Vita did they just never make an adapter for tv out?

TwIsTeD

Day One on the PS TV camp especially with Gamestop paying $160 in store credit for my launch Vita until I saw the US Compatibility list - the list is so incomplete I`m better off holding back - such a tough call

Top Bottom