• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Japanese Launch Thread. "APOCALYPTIC!" says concerned Nuclear Muffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

test_account

XP-39C²
Yup, the point of my post is that a retailer will never suggest DD if he/she has hardware/software to sell on the shelf. Was the DD version of PSP game at least promoted at all in Japan by either Sony or Capcom?
That is probably the case indeed. But you can play MH on Vita at least ;)

WillyFive

No, but this is because of the limitation of the hardware. Playing CoD with one analog slider or using the dpad, it simply "wont work". Well, it does work, but it will be a different experience.

You're not playing it with only one slider or D-Pad, since you are also using the touch screen, which is far faster and accurate for aiming than any analog stick.

The real problem is that people are so used to Dual Analog, it's hard to change even for better alternatives.

And the real problem with the DS CoD is that they are different games with obviously less appealing graphics. People want the "full" CoD experience.

NIghtWolf

I don't think COD will be the great vita savior or anything like that xD. But I don't think the vita will die an horrible death either, lets see how things turns out, I know sony won't just let it die that easily and I'm hopeful they will deliver once again like they did with the psp.

ss_lemonade

You're not playing it with only one slider or D-Pad, since you are also using the touch screen, which is far faster and accurate for aiming than any analog stick.
I don't know about you, but I don't find covering a quarter of the screen with my hand to aim more faster and accurate

test_account

XP-39C²

The real problem is that people are so used to Dual Analog, it's hard to change even for better alternatives.

And the real problem with the DS CoD is that they are different games with obviously less appealing graphics. People want the "full" CoD experience.
On the PSP it is just the slider due to no touch screen, but i didnt know that the DS version also used touch controls (but it doesnt surprise me much actually).

But yeah, previous handhelds have been limited in their hardware to provide a console CoD experience. The Vita doesnt have full controls like consoles (missing L2/R2 and L3/R3 buttons), but with having dual analog, the biggest issue is at least solved.

VanWinkle

The thing with a portable CoD is that Activision could easily make it exactly like the console version and include the ability to play online with PS3 owners. The bad thing is that it's Activision, and the odds of that happening are slim.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
What's so bad about the numbers? They aren't really 'week 2', more like the end of.a long week 1, as the first numbers were only two days.

How were the 3DS numbers broken down?

Takao

Banned
What's so bad about the numbers? They aren't really 'week 2', more like the end of.a long week 1, as the first numbers were only two days.

How were the 3DS numbers broken down?

3DS did like 370k first week. 200k second week.

In February.

Do you see why we're proclaiming death?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yup, the point of my post is that a retailer will never suggest DD if he/she has hardware/software to sell on the shelf. Was the DD version of PSP game at least promoted at all in Japan by either Sony or Capcom?

but a good retailer will help a customer get what they want. And perhaps they make moreatfin on bits hardware? And they cam always sell psn cards..

surely there are a decent number of customers in Japan with friends who have mohun on psp? Its not a bad argument.

..and of course the 'fixed' post was likely tongue in cheek

Takao

Banned
Here are those PlayStation Vita ads from Japan:

J8dI8.png

Here's the de-evolution of my avatar:

ub9fp.png
<
Fp9kF.png
<
4jUS4.png

This is the source image:

uVXVGm.png

Very strange coincidence...

Here we go again... Scamco now!

51iuL4-tgKL.jpg

My avatar's art is from Dragon Ball Online, a game Scamco is tangentially involved with. Scamco stealing from Scamco.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Here we go again... Scamco now!

51iuL4-tgKL.jpg

My avatar's art is from Dragon Ball Online, a game Scamco is tangentially involved with. Scamco stealing from Scamco.

Makoto was my favorite character from the series. And now shes already dead. That seriously is bizarre how well the two match up.

StuBurns

Banned
No. Even when Gravity Daze doesn't sell well, I doubt it'll get ported.

Probably, I can still hope however. I never really understood why they didn't allow PSP games to play on PS3, now the platforms are closer in performance it makes even less sense to me.

DCharlie

Banned
I never really understood why they didn't allow all PSP games to play on PS3, now the platforms are closer in performance it makes even less sense to me.

you need compelling unique experiences to shift units, sticking every game on PS3 as well would be suicide surely?

You'd literally be shifting your market to "people who want to play these games outside the house" where as , say, you want to play Gravity Daze, you HAVE to get a Vita (at least at this point)

StuBurns

Banned
you need compelling unique experiences to shift units, sticking every game on PS3 as well would be suicide surely?

You'd literally be shifting your market to "people who want to play these games outside the house" where as , say, you want to play Gravity Daze, you HAVE to get a Vita (at least at this point)
Why is that bad though? Sony make money from software royalties, it shouldn't matter which platform those royalties are coming from. If the difference is selling a million units, that's like thirty million dollars Sony are discarding, for no clear reason I can think of.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Damn, I slept for few hours and I woke up just to read that the Vita is already dead... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom