• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Brian Crecente is streaming himself playing Vita (previously the EIC for Kotaku, now for Vox Media).

He just booted up WipEout 2048, and the patch (1.01) for improving loading times looks to have been released. He didn't update the game, but that's still good to hear. :)

Link: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/crecente#utm_campaign=synclickback&source=http://subcathoin.tumblr.com/post/17617483231/look-a-ps-vita-and-im-playing-with-it-also&medium=2417593

Is there any word on whether or not you can send SMS messages via 3G, or WiFi for that matter?

No, you can't. From Vita you can only send messages to other PSN users.

Shipped!

vitafebshipped.jpg

JohngPR

Regarding the screen differences and such, Id actually benefit from playing a PSP game on the Vita because of the lack of ghosting, etc? Im currently rolling through LoH:TiTS and Im panning the camera constantly in that game. It looks so bad sometimes that the screen almost becomes this blur ugly blur.

If I dont beat this game in the next week, Im probably going to buy digital and finish up on the Vita.

*Snicker*

Dagnabbit, I didn't know Fry's did "pre-purchases", so I probably won't be able to grab the FEB tomorrow. Heh, I'm still going to try my luck tomorrow and see if they get an extra or two.

Dunno if this has been discussed yet. Is it known if Vita has a problem with stuck/dead pixels? I got a pre-ordered Vita, but I'd die if I got a problematic pixel or more.

Here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/crecente#utm_campaign=synclickback&source=http://subcathoin.tumblr.com/post/17617483231/look-a-ps-vita-and-im-playing-with-it-also&medium=2417593

Also added it to the OP.

Dunno if this has been discussed yet. Is it known if Vita has a problem with stuck/dead pixels? I got a pre-ordered Vita, but I'd die if I got a problematic pixel or more.

From what I have read and seen, there hasn't been any reported problems with dead or hanging pixels.

Salaadin

Does anyone know if you partially pay for your Vita preorder with trade in credit, if it instantly gets refunded to you if you cancel your pre-order?

I ended up doing a second trade in batch so I want to cancel my 3G Launch Bundle and reorder it to include the extra $50 in credit I'm about to get.

You wont even have to cancel. Once the credit is applied, click on the order and youll see at the top "You have a gift card balance of 50 bucks. Do you want to Apply it to this order"

This only works for gift card balances and not promo credits but Amazon considers trade credit to be gift card credit so you should be good.

*Snicker*

;)

patsu

One more day !

I will probably wait until the week of 22 Feb to activate my 3G plan. That way I get to play with more folks.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I was going to post something like this. I'm almost 36, and have been gaming since the 2600. Is the Vita perfect? Of course not. But it just irks the shit out of me to read all the corksniffers nitpicking soooooo much crap. I'm guessing they're young and spoiled. Because this has been a dream system of mine for close to 30 years. It's just cool to be able to appreciate how cool this is, and the times we live in.

And to see the technology evolve to this current level. 39yo here, 2600 was my first too. I snub my nose at 50 sec loading times on Wipeout. I grew up with cassette tapes on the C64.

brofist.jpg

JohngPR

You wont even have to cancel. Once the credit is applied, click on the order and youll see at the top "You have a gift card balance of 50 bucks. Do you want to Apply it to this order"

This only works for gift card balances and not promo credits but Amazon considers trade credit to be gift card credit so you should be good.

;)

Nice! Thanks Sal, you're the bestest.

And to see the technology evolve to this current level. 39yo here, 2600 was my first too. I snub my nose at 50 sec loading times on Wipeout. I grew up with cassette tapes on the C64.

brofist.jpg

Exactly. "OH NOESSS!!!!! 20 SECONDS!!!!!"

Puh-leeeeeze

Anyway, feel free to add me to your PSN if you'd like.

Phatsaq

Same on 360 as well. Always a pleasure to meet mature gamers.

brofist.jpg

Right there with you. 42 here and I lived by the mantra "Patience is a Commodore 1541 disk drive."

My Vic-20 had a tape drive, and I'd go make lunch while it loaded up a game. A game that filled up it it's 5K of memory. :)

God, the wait for this is getting increasingly harder...
The Japanese launch was brutal for me, especially because I knew I still had to wait a good while. I think it broke me in enough to where this FEB business will only phase me slightly.

Who knows though, tomorrow might break me.

BFIB

Mine is still on shipping soon, but I have a distribution center only about 5 miles from my house.

My CC has the pending charge though.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Ok this is probably old in GAF time... and I had zero interest in the Vita Resistance game after the early press.

But this video blew my mind. I mean, it's a hand held. Lol. Crazy.

Nice! mine is still on "Shipping soon"

And UPS usually delivers at 230 at my work, long day ahead.

Mine is still "shipping soon" too. For whatever reason, whenever I get release date delivery from Amazon, it doesn't change to shipped until 8 or 9 pm. I've never had to sign for anything I've ordered at Amazon before, but does anyone know if someone has to sign for this package do to the value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom