• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I can't explain it. They have options for invert everything else, so they should have one for that too! I thought that's what the normal/invert option was under motion controls...but it didn't change it?

Lol maybe Bend thought intuitively everyone would view the gyro aim as a view finder.....wrong it seems. Maybe they can patch in an option to invert, but I doubt they will.

e_i

Gah...why doesn't it charge through USB anymore? I saw someone else with the problem. Updated and now won't charge through USB.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Ys 7 looks fantastic in this thing. The colors just burn a hole through the screen. Really great game too.

I finally found some screen protectors and got my Vita all charged up. All I can say after firing my machine up is wow. Virtua Tennis is like having a complete console game in my pocket. FIFA is amazing. I still haven't had time to try Wipeout, Hot Shots, or Lumines yet. I have zero regret about buying a Vita or switching to the FEB since a 4 gb card will be enough for me.

Getting c2-12383-7 error when trying to copy over with content manager, ugh. Seems its a pretty popular error message.

Weenerz, I had the same error a few pages back. Here's what you do:

1) Make sure you're connected and logged into your PSN account on both your PS3 and PSVita (It doesn't automatically sign you in on the Vita by default)

2) Once you're signed in on your Vita go into Settings > PSN and click on Activate and then select Game and let it activate.

Try again and it should copy over.

Tested Silent Hill: Shattered Memories on the Vita.

Looks and plays awesome, but makes me want more PSP games, and that means more games to buy :(

jcutner

Oh god I caved!

I called EB on my way home from work to see if they possibly had any FEB's left that I could switch my regular pre-order to, and they had 1 left!
(oh and it's true, the case smells awful)

6884067957_cc73f13055_z.jpg

e_i

Did you turn on USB charging on in the system menu?

Yes...but when I plug it into my computer...it won't charge. When I plug it into the power pack, it does (orange light). The light doesn't turn orange when plugged into a computer. When it's on, I get the swiggley line in the battery. In the computer...nothing.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I caved and went into Gamestop today... but they didn't have any FEB's available. Guy told me i was at least the 10th or 11th regret-filled person that was in today hoping to switch back to the FEB. That was like 2pm lol.

legbone

Shit. Was I supposed to pick the reoccurring plan that charges you every month?

oh shit. i picked a single month with chance to renew. they were never clear about this. sony or att should have at least put a slip of paper explaining that if it is the case. fuck, may have just blown $15. oh well, at least i can surf at work for a month.

DMeisterJ

Banned
This isn't indicative or proof of anything, but the PS Store has updated to new symbols for different sections of the store under the 'games' tab (at least on the US Store). If you look at the different symbols which correspond to different sections (PS2 Classics, PS1 Classics, miniS, etc.) they have symbols above them which dignify what they work with.

The symbol for PS1 classics has the PSP, PS3, and PSV symbols above it, so yeah, more confirmation of PS1 classics for PSV I suppose.

UberTag

Just to comment further on the aiming challenges with Golden Abyss, I don't think it's a case of the analog aiming working poorly (it works fine) so much as if you're playing with the default settings you're going to inadvertently move when playing and your aim will "seem off".

If you turn off the gyro aiming or play the game with the system seated on a flat surface like a table, you won't be activating the gyro hence the analog aiming will work pretty much on par with the console Uncharted experience.

Conversely, if you don't change the settings around at all, you'll find that gyro aiming will provide you with more precision because it's turned on anyway so you may as well be conscious of your movements when shooting. It makes aiming more natural and intuitive in a lot of ways and it is a very unique gameplay experience compared to traditional Uncharted. And, I've got to say, a lot of fun.

Toki767

This isn't indicative or proof of anything, but the PS Store has updated to new symbols for different sections of the store under the 'games' tab (at least on the US Store). If you look at the different symbols which correspond to different sections (PS2 Classics, PS1 Classics, miniS, etc.) they have symbols above them which dignify what they work with.

The symbol for PS1 classics has the PSP, PS3, and PSV symbols above it, so yeah, more confirmation of PS1 classics for PSV I suppose.

Yeah, noticed that yesterday. The PSP symbol and the PSV symbol look really similar though.

Ok so I am pretty sure I am going nuts here...

That target B2G1 free deal is really screwing with me. I was planning on getting Lumines, HSG, and Wipeout but I would like to try out Rayman, VT4, and Fifa.

Some sell me on VT4 and Fifa if I am not that big of a fan of tennis or soccer/football. I am not a fan of golf either but found out I love HSG but how are the core games of fifa and VT4?

patsu

Getting c2-12383-7 error when trying to copy over with content manager, ugh. Seems its a pretty popular error message.

1) Make sure you're connected and logged into your PSN account on both your PS3 and PSVita (It doesn't automatically sign you in on the Vita by default)

2) Once you're signed in on your Vita go into Settings > PSN and click on Activate and then select Game and let it activate.

I found 2 references for Vita error codes:
http://www.vitadevwiki.com/index.php?title=Error_Codes (English)
http://psvita.j416.info/wiki/index....2540;コード一覧 (Japanese)

I included both since I'm not sure if they are complete. c2-12383-7 is not on both lists.
If FuttBuck is correct, it may simply be a "Not signed in to PSN/No credential" error.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
No twitter/flickr/facebook yet, huh? Would they just show up in the apps section on psn when they're ready?

Weenerz

Banned

Didn't work, but ty for the help. I ended up finding how to download it from my "Download List", so that'll work.

I caved and went into Gamestop today... but they didn't have any FEB's available. Guy told me i was at least the 10th or 11th regret-filled person that was in today hoping to switch back to the FEB. That was like 2pm lol.

Good grief that guy was probably glad he was off in a few hours.

Customer #23: Do you have any more First Edit...

Gamestop Employee: NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Now if you'll excuse me I need to go home and bash the Vita and wish unto it failure.

bryehn

It appears as though my touch pad doesn't work in Little Deviants, is there a way to calibrate this thing? Have a sneaking suspicion I've got a dud system.

edit: works in welcome park at least. weird.

It's weird that Gamestop is not selling those cards with the codes for the PSN game, soon probably.

Gamestop is selling the digital version on day 1 just like the retail game. So if someone wanted it, they could get it in either form. Prettyyy awesome, I hope more consoles follow.

timnich

Finally got Tactics Ogre to finish downloading all the way...only to realize that I have no clue where my camera is. So iPhone 4 pictures it is. Sorry:(

I wasn't able to transfer my saves over from my Go for some reason, but it's not really a big deal, as I was already planning on starting a new game. The blurriness in the pictures is mostly from the crappy phone camera; while not super sharp, the game still looks amazing on the Vita screen. Colours just pop off the screen. I had bilinear filtering on, but it didn't make too much of a difference from what I could see.

Didn't work, but ty for the help. I ended up finding how to download it from my "Download List", so that'll work.

What were you trying to copy over?

EDIT - Also, for anyone wanting to know how to change the settings for PSP games; simply press and hold the touch screen for a few seconds and the options pop up.

frequency

This thread is moving so fast...
Is anyone able to find a save game list thingy for Vita games? I can only find a list for PSP games. Like if I wanted to delete a save or something, where would I go?

Chocoboko

Sorry if it has been answered and I am missing it but how do you get PSP saves onto the Vita? I know through content manager, but where? I see a Saved Data button when it is connected to my PC but then it can't find anything. Not sure how I need to lay the folders out.

ANy help is appreciated!

Ok so I am pretty sure I am going nuts here...

That target B2G1 free deal is really screwing with me. I was planning on getting Lumines, HSG, and Wipeout but I would like to try out Rayman, VT4, and Fifa.

Some sell me on VT4 and Fifa if I am not that big of a fan of tennis or soccer/football. I am not a fan of golf either but found out I love HSG but how are the core games of fifa and VT4?

I'll let the guy with the white gloves sell you on Virtua Tennis 4's mini games.

http://youtu.be/-WIohFVNW1g

cyborg009

Banned
I wasn't able to transfer my saves over from my Go for some reason, but it's not really a big deal, as I was already planning on starting a new game. The blurriness in the pictures is mostly from the crappy phone camera; while not super sharp, the game still looks amazing on the Vita screen. Colours just pop off the screen. I had bilinear filtering on, but it didn't make too much of a difference from what I could see.

Wasn't it suggested to keep it off?

also above the white guy with gloves is pretty funny I talked to him once.

Weenerz

Banned
What were you trying to copy over?

EDIT - Also, for anyone wanting to know how to change the settings for PSP games; simply press and hold the touch screen for a few seconds and the options pop up.

Super Stardust and the dlc, bought the bundle the other day.

wheepenpen

Neo Member
Finally got Tactics Ogre to finish downloading all the way...only to realize that I have no clue where my camera is. So iPhone 4 pictures it is. Sorry:(

The game zooms in by default.. if you zoom out with square+down, the game will look a lot sharper.

Weenerz

Banned
Bah, so I finish the dreadfully long 12 minutes to download a 208mb file, only to get "Super Stardust Delta Could not install" error. Woe is me.

I just said I was losing my sanity and now you throw this at me? I need some medicine :O

Are tere tons of minigames? any leaderboards or anything?

Leaderboards I am not sure of, I know there is online play. In that video he ran through at least 6 different mini games.

EDIT: The saving the chicks and dodging incoming balls while returning them to the Hen won me on this game. Yes I know it's silly but I loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom