• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

timnich

Sorry if it has been answered and I am missing it but how do you get PSP saves onto the Vita? I know through content manager, but where? I see a Saved Data button when it is connected to my PC but then it can't find anything. Not sure how I need to lay the folders out.

ANy help is appreciated!
Make sure the individual game save folder for your psp game is in the folder called PSAVEDATA. Then just use the content manager to transfer it over.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
SOTN yay:

bXDEs.jpg

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
From what I've read there are only 2 3G plans and both are reoccurring payments monthly. $15 for 250MB and $25 for 500 (i think?). No plan that is just "if i use 3g this month charge me"

patsu

This thread is moving so fast...
Is anyone able to find a save game list thingy for Vita games? I can only find a list for PSP games. Like if I wanted to delete a save or something, where would I go?

Is it in the Content Manager (when Vita is connected to a PS3/PC) ?
I remember seeing options for listing Vita apps, PSP apps, and PSP save files.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Good grief that guy was probably glad he was off in a few hours.

Customer #23: Do you have any more First Edit...

Gamestop Employee: NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Now if you'll excuse me I need to go home and bash the Vita and wish unto it failure.

Lol probably.

He was actually a pretty cool, regular guy... not weird or anything like they often are there... and reassured me I opted for the better overall value. Something I knew, but I want to play hotshots!

He was like, "maybe you should wait until you pick up the system before you pay off your preordered games, so you don't have to stare at them for a week."

I laughed because tomorrow I'm going to Target to take advantage of their buy 2 get 1 deal, and will cancel my all of my gamestop preorders. You snooze you lose. They should have ordered a few more FEB's.

thefil

Why do I want one of these, when I want to do with it is play Tactics Ogre?

I will not repeat my mistakes of yore. 3 PSPs was two too many.

Lol probably.

He was actually a pretty cool, regular guy... not weird or anything like they often are there... and reassured me I opted for the better overall value. Something I knew, but I want to play hotshots!

He was like, "maybe you should wait until you pick up the system before you pay off your preordered games, so you don't have to stare at them for a week."

I laughed because tomorrow I'm going to Target to take advantage of their buy 2 get 1 deal, and will cancel my all of my gamestop preorders. You snooze you lose. They should have ordered a few more FEB's.

Wait, the Target deal is this week? I thought it started from the 19th?

Chocoboko

Make sure the individual game save folder for your psp game is in the folder called PSAVEDATA. Then just use the content manager to transfer it over.
Okay that helped, thanks. I had to end up putting it in PSAVEDATA > some auto-generated folder. I copied all of my saves in there and it recognized them right away.

Dropped by my local Target and Best Buy tonight t see what they had available in terms of games and accessories. The Target had almost nothing. They had copies of Dungeon Hunter: Alliance on display and place holders for Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Virtua Tennis. No accessories at all. In fact, the three Vita slots for games that I saw were mixed in with the PSP games on display. Hope they have that changed by Sunday, when the sale kicks in.

Went over to Best Buy after that, and they had more of everything. Most of the big games were there and available for purchase. I'm assuming they'll get larger quantities in next week when the launch is official though. They did have plenty of memory cards (no 32GB), as well as sleeves for the games, and the crappy looking first party case. Was not impressed with that at all.

In the end, I left empty handed. I'll wait to see what Target has on display on Sunday and stop by TRU to get a memory card and case to take advantage of their deal as well.

IllumiNate

EC8185FE-orig.jpg

Got my wifi vita from amazon.ca finally. Applied the Sony screen protector first try no bubbles.
Stuck at work for another couple hours then it's game on.

frequency

Is it in the Content Manager (when Vita is connected to a PS3/PC) ?
I remember seeing options for listing Vita apps, PSP apps, and PSP save files.

Not that I can see. I can copy over an entire game or something in the App section. I can copy over PSP specific things. And I can back up, which says it does all my save files.

But I want to have like a list of all my saves that I can go through and delete and stuff. Like you can on the PS3 and PSP.

1. so whats the word on the hori screen protector?

2. Now that Target has destroyed my desire to go all digital before I even got the system what is the word on the pull and go folio?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Shame about the Little Deviants reviews. I quite like it, but probably because I was watching my girlfriend play it ,most of the time. The AR shooter is fun to watch. Frantic stuff.

Uncharted is just a graphical mess and I don't understand why they'd be happy with shipping it as is.

jcutner

Hmm, so I just bought Lumines + Rayman Origins on PSN (via the Vita).

Went to buy Escape Plan, and I got a connection lost error on both my Vita and the same when I tried on my PS3. Thought maybe my CC got flagged or blocked for so many purchases in a row tonight (Gas, vita, memory card, 2 games) but the bank said there's no block or anything...

Weird coincidence..

Also, how do I know if it's charging? I have it plugged into the front of my PS3, and the "USB Power Supply" option is checked in the Vita settings, but the PS button is blue - not orange.

jcutner

Guys how do I get past this screen? It won't let me update, this is the set up process...

Say that you don't want to link your vita to your PSN, or you don't have a PSN account. Then go through the little country/DoB selection.

You'll see a video, then the home screen. Go to settings > system update.
Do the update, then go back to settings and choose Sign In - then you can enter your PSN details and log in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom