• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
im having a problem. i cant seem to transfer my psp games from my ps3 to the vita. they dont even show up to transfer, its just blank...any pro tips?

jcutner

6884379519_79602b6d6e_b.jpg

This is probably best for the dedicated Screenshot thread, but if you guys wanted to see a cap of Lumines

Verelios

Which of these PSP games should I buy? I've spent too much already on the Vita but I want at least one more PSP game for now.

Tactics Ogre 2
Final Fantasy Tactics 1
Phantom Brave 3

I'd rate them in that order. Tactics after FF because it's just way longer. One campaign in Ogre is about a game in FF. Just crazy.

Phantom Brave is a good game though, and I'd get it eventually if you could. It just isn't as good as the two prior ones.

Ken

So is UMvC worth getting? Haven't played it on consoles but the idea of fighting as Phoenix Wright sounds amazing.

The game is fun, and its transition to the Vita is very well done. It's a great online game. As for fighting with Phoenix Wright, he's a pretty weird character and a little difficult to use. You should ask around the UMvC3 OT about him before dropping $40 on a game you may or may not stick with because Wright isn't what you expected.

I picked up the Hori TPU shell for the Vita today. It seems alright, although the top portion is a little loose and it leaves my hands with a weird sticky feeling. The feeling should go away after a few days of use, I hope.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
You have to keep in mind that the people getting the system today are the crazy early adopters. They're paying extra to have the thing early. Their attach rate is not at all the norm.

I'm totally not the norm... never gave a crap about handhelds 'till this thing was announced.

I wonder if there will be many others like me. Guess we'll see.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
PSY・S;35179651 said:
Anyone? This launch is so good it almost hurts.

DJ Max 3 is pretty great for $20. While I prefer the song selection of 1 and 2, if you're a fan of the series, it's worth it.

I bought Gods Eater Burst for the launch, and I just started playing it. Hot Shots has drained my battery though, so I only got a small bit of play time with it. Everything I've seen and read suggests that it's a slightly easier MH, but similar in feel.

I'm grabbing Katamari as I love the series - its gotten some interesting reviews because of the rehash, but there's a lot of guilty pleasure in playing anything Katamari.

Also, for what it's worth, Gods Eater Burst loads SOOO fast...I think all PSP games load extra quick from what I hear.

Chocoboko

Has anyone been able to get the 3G setup through ATT? I finish the part with my address/info and it gives me some error on submit and just tells me to restart. Tried it twice and gave up.

Sallokin

Grrrr. I still can't get this thing to charge via USB on my PC or my PS3. The USB setting is turned on, and I know for a fact it worked prior to the system update because I saw the squiggly battery line while I was setting it up.

I feel like the solution is probably simple and I'm over thinking it, but I saw that others were having the same problem.

Any news on when PSone Classics on PSN will be playable on a Vita? That's the main thing I'm looking out for.

Also, will Netflix be available in Canada for the VITA of its for the US only?

TheExodu5

Banned
Quick impressions:

1) User interface is nice and responsive. Love the multitasking.
2) Screen is gorgeous.
3) Analog sticks are nice, but Uncharted certainly doesn't make very good use of them.
4) Gyro aiming in Uncharted is incredible. Totally unexpected. Incredibly intuitive and precise...though it's more for fine tuning your aim and not the sole aiming method.
5) Not a fan of the Vita card slot. I would rather have the card flush to the device like on the DS rather than having to pull out a little plastic tab every time I want to switch games. I might go mostly digital solely due to this.

Glassboy

I actually don't mind gyro controls because the viewing angle on this thing is ridiculous. The fact that it looks amazing from any angle blows my mind.

theBishop

Banned
Am i the only one on edge with the Vita's chances for success? I want the Vita to do well , I don't want Smartphones and Tablets to be the future of mobile gaming.

Did Farmville kill Red Dead Redemption?

The "core" gamer audience is growing. The blockbuster hits are bigger than ever. Even Nintendo, who obviously had a smash hit with Wii is now looking to get a bigger piece of the "core" pie with WiiU. The more enthusiast audience is smaller, but spends more money.

The sheer number of people playing games on smartphones eclipses the audience for a dedicated handheld. But I think the dedicated handheld audience is growing too.

Sallokin

Hows everyones experience with NEAR? I actually have 5 people playing around me. Didn't expect that!

Been pretty good. Found 8 people nearby, only 3 were sharing their profile names. One struck up a conversation with me about whether Lumines was more like part 1 than part 2 lol and asked how the soundtrack was etc.

I'm feeling pretty positive about it so far.

I saw the boxes for the carts at Best Buy today. Real small, same width as the PSP boxes, but about 60% of the height. Makes it much more attractive IMO.

Did Farmville kill Red Dead Redemption?

The "core" gamer audience is growing. The blockbuster hits are bigger than ever. Even Nintendo, who obviously had a smash hit with Wii is now looking to get a bigger piece of the "core" pie with WiiU. The more enthusiast audience is smaller, but spends more money.

The sheer number of people playing games on smartphones eclipses the audience for a dedicated handheld. But I think the dedicated handheld audience is growing too.

I'd like to agree but even here where it is an enthusiast board there is a pretty large following for iOS games that's growing every day. These are people who are moving away from handheld gaming too. Part of the reason is simply the phone is with them and they'd rather not carry a dedicated handheld too. I think it's a real issue and not the same as social gaming vs pc and console gaming.

legbone

Has anyone been able to get the 3G setup through ATT? I finish the part with my address/info and it gives me some error on submit and just tells me to restart. Tried it twice and gave up.

yeah i had troubles with it too. it seemed like it was timing out. they are probably getting hammered right now. maybe try it later or tomorrow.

as for near, i'm in bfe arkansas and was shocked that there are three other folks within three miles of me playing. one dude has shinobido 2 and marvel vs capcom. i don't have either of those. the other two have hotshots golf but for some reason i can't see their names. they must have the game set to public and their name set to private or something.

FStop7

Banned
I got mah Vita. Only bought FIFA on card. I think I am going to get Rayman, Lumines, and Super Stardust via the digital download network system.

raven777

This is my quick impression, comparing to my 10 minutes at the VITA kiosk in gamestop few weeks ago

1) The weight is really light!! - I didn't notice at gamestop, but it is really light. It was same surprise I got when I switched from PSP 1000 to 2000.

2) OLED is beautiful! - I didn't really notice it as much at gamestop, probably due to all the fingerprints and oils at the screen. But yea, when I actually saw it today, it was beautiful. I am iphone4 user, and I like VITA OLED's color more. But mayb because of ppi, iphone4 looks better on web browser

3) Build quality is great - I was a bit worried that it was all plastic, including the front screen. I still wish it had used gorilla glass, but it still looks and feel premium. I was actually impressed with the build quality of my friend's 3DS (compare to NDSL), but this is even better.

4) OS UI is better than what I expected from photos and videos, but it still has big room for improvement. I hope they will update it in the future, or allow more user customization.

5) d-pad, face buttons, and analog sticks feel great! I was worried about the button size at first, but it still feels nice. I think if I get used to it, it will feel better. L, R buttons are probably my biggest disappointment.

I don't know if its my wifi or vita, but PSN store download seems a bit slow.

Yea overall, it looks and feels impressive. The only thing I wish they would fix soon would be some UI adjustment and PC to Vita transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom