• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusis

The HSG series depreciates very rapidly due to lots of sequential releases, so unless you're planning on quickly reselling it, DD could be a good way to go
Or it did anyway. I had decided to check out the prices on the PS3 version, and it's shockingly expensive for a game that's 3-4 years old. Contrast that with the PS2 games that cost a dollar or two from GameStop. Of course, maybe the series will return to that status on h andhelds versus a (then) 400+ dollar system where the wider audience simply isn't there.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
The HSG series depreciates very rapidly due to lots of sequential releases, so unless you're planning on quickly reselling it, DD could be a good way to go
there hasn't been a hot shots in four years though. but yeah hot shots is a game you get for the long haul not a quick let me bang out what's hot on gaf this week then sell it kind of game

Georgious

Banned
Or it did anyway. I had decided to check out the prices on the PS3 version, and it's shockingly expensive for a game that's 3-4 years old. Contrast that with the PS2 games that cost a dollar or two from GameStop. Of course, maybe the series will return to that status on h andhelds versus a (then) 400+ dollar system where the wider audience simply isn't there.

Just looked it up. The PS3 version is just over 3 years old, and trade-in value is at about 17% according to Amazon ($45/new, $8/tradein) and $13/tradein at eStarland.

$13 isn't bad for a 3 year old game ($8 isn't great..), but I wouldn't give it anywhere near 70% of its original price.

there hasn't been a hot shots in four years though. but yeah hot shots is a game you get for the long haul not a quick let me bang out what's hot on gaf this week then sell it kind of game

Agreed. That's why DD would be a good way to go for this title methinks.

Flunkie

Banned

Yep. I bet I had over 200 hours into the Hot Shots titles on PSP. Soooo good. DD will be a good way to go so it's always with me.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
ly5Ny.jpg

jzyrU.jpg

Sorry, not feeling it at all.

Second one looks better imo, less clutter.

DBT85

I know it's a lot of money but I am a little annoyed that there is no 32gb card on sale in the UK yet, I hate the thought of buying an 8 or 16gb and filling it up in half a years time.

Just FYI, they are available in Europe through Planetaxel.com for about £65 posted https://planetaxel.com/product/PS-Vita-Memory-Card-(32GB)/711719220411

No extra import duty or anything either as they are being shipped from within the EU. Warehouses in the UK too.

Might actually be useful in the FAQ since everyone in the EU cannot get the 32gb from a typical store.

Yes. A dev of wipEout 2048 confirmed today on twitter a patch will be coming soon to help with load times.

Tweet is here. A gaffer asked the question.

Disgaea 3 is receiving a patch to allow in-game screen shots, and I believe some other games have been receiving new content via patches weekly.

The Wipeout patch is excellent news. That they are able to patch like this and are doing it is also good!

I wonder if the patch is stored into the cart or if it resides on the memory stick?

Flunkie

Banned
Yup, same here. And right when so much is coming out for iOS, haha.

Right, but I think I'm not going to care as much when it's Uncharted (or literally anything out of the fantastic launch lineup) vs. the $.99 "Run Roo Run-esque popular hivemind" game of the week.

You can't play games from jp store on us account. No way around it.

If your question is how to switch between account, you just need to do system restore. No need to format memory card. All games inside your memory card will be listed, but you can only play games from the account tied to your vita at the time. Other games bought frodifferent account will get message notifying it's no registered to the same vita account.

What does a reset/reformat entail exactly? I mean it's not like it was super simple on PSP either - the only way i found was to transfer some JP content, which would transfer the license. Does a restore take long?

Georgious

Banned
So what does that take us upto now? 10 cars and 6 tracks?

That's not terrible.. wondering if that's now worth a cheeky nibble at £17..

TEN cars?! Jesus. Are they serious. How many cars did GT5 for the PSP have? Like over 800?

I know it's not exactly apples to apples..but ten cars? Come on.

DBT85

Interesting.

So now RR has 10 cars and 6 tracks for anyone buying early.

TEN cars?! Jesus. Are they serious. How many cars did GT5 for the PSP have? Like over 800?

I know it's not exactly apples to apples..but ten cars? Come on.

F1 has only 10 cars :p Does have more courses though.

Adittionally. Most of the hundreds of cars in GT are just slightly different versions of the same basic skyline and stuff. I don't actually know how many properly different cars there are.

duckroll

F1 has only 10 cars :p Does have more courses though.

Adittionally. Most of the hundreds of cars in GT are just slightly different versions of the same basic skyline and stuff. I don't actually know how many properly different cars there are.

Erm. We don't need to compare it with GT or F1. Ridge Racers, a launch game for the PSP in 2004, had 12 tracks + 12 reversed tracks, and over 50 cars. :p

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Erm. We don't need to compare it with GT or F1. Ridge Racers, a launch game for the PSP in 2004, had 12 tracks + 12 reversed tracks, and over 50 cars. :p

and I still only played with one throughout the game. In Ridge Racer I just look for a car with a nice logo on the car :)

10 is better than currently. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I might double dip - its a small download, cheap and with free DLC. And I like the Vita version :p

duckroll

and I still only played with one throughout the game. In Ridge Racer I just look for a car with a nice logo on the car :)

10 is better than currently. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I might double dip - its a small download, cheap and with free DLC. And I like the Vita version :p

I don't care much about the logo, but I personally go for car shape. What I liked about Ridge Racers was that they hid the really wacky futuristic designs pretty deep in the game, so it was good motivation for me to keep playing to unlock them. Lol.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Man I didn't realize how good Hot Shots Golf looked until I looked back at the PSP version.

81553-tit-468x.jpg

282686_S.jpg

Damn now I want a Vita again.

those nostalgia glasses will do that to you. Game is gorgeous (for a Clap Hanz game), even at the sub-native resolution. And it has all the control modes you could want - 6 different ways to take your shot.

Cheska

those nostalgia glasses will do that to you. Game is gorgeous (for a Clap Hanz game), even at the sub-native resolution. And it has all the control modes you could want - 6 different ways to take your shot.

As someone who hasn't played a ton of HSG before, I can see where he is coming from. True, the Vita game looks like a huge graphical upgrade, but it doesn't look nearly as charming as it's predecessor. I'm not saying it's a bad game by any means, just that from what footage I've seen of the new game, it leads me to believe the PSP version had more heart. But hey! Who knows how much my opinion will change when I give the game a try next week?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Its because you pre-downloaded it, before there was a vita-support for the version.

Now, since the vita-store is up, you can download it also with ps3 and transfer it to vita.
But i'll disappear from the ps3 then. Its really a transfer, not a "copy".

you have to re-download on PS3? I'd just preloaded a bunch of games after they 'bubblefied' them, don't want to download again

anyone tried transferring from PS3 with a US account? Does re-downloading work or maybe just the PS3 transferring isn't active yet?

This is making me tempted to revert to my US account, considering the UK store probably won't be up for 2 more weeks.

Cheska

Am I weird for LOVING the paw prints on the left side of the speech bubbles in Gravity Daze? It adds that much more to the game for me., a simple thing like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom