• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Launch Thread: Welcome to The Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glix

Prolly gonna pick up a PSVR tonight with the move/camera. Planning on picking up Batman and Until Dawn rush of blood. Having trouble deciding between RIGs and EVE. I don't foresee myself playing too much multiplayer currently as my focus is on SC2 lol

Rigs and Eve are both on the demo disk.

I would wait and try them. Frankly, I would get everything digital as having to take of the headset to switch discs is shitty, especially if you have the headset on perfectly and don't wanna mess it up.

Tekniqs

Rigs and Eve are both on the demo disk.

I would wait and try them. Frankly, I would get everything digital as having to take of the headset to switch discs is shitty, especially if you have the headset on perfectly and don't wanna mess it up.

oh alright! thanks

Not sure about the technical details but it looks like Call of Duty VR experience will be free for all PS4 owners just going by an official tweet:

Pilot your Jackal through intense VR dogfights in the Jackal Assault VR Experience, free for all PS4 owners on November 4. #InfiniteWarfare

https://twitter.com/CallofDuty/status/793902850661285888

That's amazing news! So the Jackal VR game is a separate free download?!

Although EVE Valkyrie was on my day 1 list for a long time, I just couldn't stomach that price. Shame since the demo is great (but short).

Maybe Jackal Assault will scratch my space cockpit game itch. If not maybe Space Rift (still due November?) will...

Otherwise the long wait for an Elite: Dangerous port or Colony Wars reboot continues...

Just started playing rigs, what a fun game!

Can anyone tell me how online play is? Are matches easy to find?

I assume you need ps+ which I currently don't have, but I am thinking of subbing just for online play.

I'm literally relying on ALL you peoples to report back on the PS4 Pro improvments to PSVR. I'm going to have so many questions too. It's the first Playstation console since PS1 that I'm not getting at launch and I feel terrible about that.

I'm in the same boat, sadly. It pains me to say that I cancelled my Pro pre-order; I'm thinking that I'll get one when Horizon comes out, but having bought a PSVR and having looked at what's on the kids' Christmas lists, I just can't really afford it at the moment.

Maligna

Banned
Prolly gonna pick up a PSVR tonight with the move/camera. Planning on picking up Batman and Until Dawn rush of blood. Having trouble deciding between RIGs and EVE. I don't foresee myself playing too much multiplayer currently as my focus is on SC2 lol

RIGS is better for single player. I'd get that.

sn00zer

Soooo is there anyway to get Battlezone for around $40 without waiting? I neeed this game.

Alo looking to pick up another game. Currently own
-PSVR Worlds
-Arkham VR
-Thumper

I really want a shooter (specifically Battlezone) and Im a huge baby so not looking for horror. Tethered seemed neat, but so did Windlands. I dont like RTSs soo Tethered seems out, and Windlands looks great, but pricey given the presentation.

Gaf, what do I doooooo?

Soooo is there anyway to get Battlezone for around $40 without waiting? I neeed this game.

Alo looking to pick up another game. Currently own
-PSVR Worlds
-Arkham VR
-Thumper

I really want a shooter (specifically Battlezone) and Im a huge baby so not looking for horror. Tethered seemed neat, but so did Windlands. I dont like RTSs soo Tethered seems out, and Windlands looks great, but pricey given the presentation.

Gaf, what do I doooooo?

Rigs is fun other than the dumbass ai teammates. You play as a mech and shoot other mechs, and there is different game modes. I really like it, try the demo.

Thumper is my favorite so far, batman is great as well. The little of the rush of blood demo I played was super cool, I bought it on Amazon for 15 bucks but am waiting for it to be restocked.

Although EVE Valkyrie was on my day 1 list for a long time, I just couldn't stomach that price. Shame since the demo is great (but short).

Maybe Jackal Assault will scratch my space cockpit game itch. If not maybe Space Rift (still due November?) will...

Otherwise the long wait for an Elite: Dangerous port or Colony Wars reboot continues...

That CoD Jackal thingy is that the space scene we saw at E3 conference? If so, f yeah!!

And yeah, still no new Colony Wars game in sight, such a shame with VR and space games resurrection...I'd buy a Pro instantly Sony!

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4

sn00zer

Rigs is fun other than the dumbass ai teammates. You play as a mech and shoot other mechs, and there is different game modes. I really like it, try the demo.

Thumper is my favorite so far, batman is great as well. The little of the rush of blood demo I played was super cool, I bought it on Amazon for 15 bucks but am waiting for it to be restocked.

Rigs is too pricey....might do Rush how did you get it for $15?

Ozorov

It it free for all IW PS4 owners or ALL PS4 owners?

Shoeless

And yeah, still no new Colony Wars game in sight, such a shame with VR and space games resurrection...I'd buy a Pro instantly Sony!

I keep telling myself Colony Wars has to happen. Sony knows that cockpit games are perfect for VR and EVE is already a "stumble" in the sense that it's primarily a multi-player game, so there's a vacuum right now for a traditional star-fighter game with a decent single player campaign. Whoever does it first is going to have the market all to themselves for a while, especially if the campaign is a quality one.

sn00zer

Also can we talk about crappy the Japanese VR experiences are

-Godzilla looks like a weekend project
- L'Arc-en-Ciel X Resident Evil is....unfinished? I there even a VR music video or just a player?
-Miku.....is Miku....
-WHY THE FUCK CANT I PLAY DAGANROPA VR?!?!

Briarios

And also G-Police VR. Someone mentioned that Sony had renewed their copyright, so maybe there's still some hope. Come on, Sony, do the right thing!

I've been saying they need to bring G-Police back -- they should target for release around the time the Blade Runner sequel comes out.

its strange why they made the demo so short. Almost off puttingly so. I think the whole thing lasts just under 5 minutes. At least let people be able to fly around for a little bit longer. Its not like the demo showcases that much tbh.

Whats the main game like anyone know (Hours wise). I like it but all the online impressions are like "we can't play this game because we want to vomit".

Rigs is too pricey....might do Rush how did you get it for $15?

Amazon has that discount for new games, actually it came out to like 16$ and some change, but still a steal imo, especially after the glowing reviews I've read.

Yea rigs was about 40$ with the Amazon discount, and that price is really my limit as far as price goes.

I really wanna get eve Valkyrie but 60$ is a lot for me at this point.

So I got batman, rush of blood and rigs for 75$ total on Amazon.

sn00zer

Amazon has that discount for new games, actually it came out to like 16$ and some change, but still a steal imo, especially after the glowing reviews I've read.

Yea rigs was about 40$ with the Amazon discount, and that price is really my limit as far as price goes.

I really wanna get eve Valkyrie but 60$ is a lot for me at this point.

So I got batman, rush of blood and rigs for 75$ total on Amazon.

Ahhh....damn...thinking about getting Best Buy GCU so I can do this sort of stuff

Ahhh....damn...thinking about getting Best Buy GCU so I can do this sort of stuff

Yup was gonna do the same, but Amazon started there discount and release day shipping, so being an Amazon rabid fanboy I stuck with them lol.

But I've heard great things about Best Buy's GCU.

I would def recommend either one.

Hot damn those lens pens work great.

Initial wipe for the oil/sweat with a cloth then the rest gets cleaned to crystal with the charcoal pad. Brilliant!

qcf x2

Also can we talk about crappy the Japanese VR experiences are

-Godzilla looks like a weekend project
- L'Arc-en-Ciel X Resident Evil is....unfinished? I there even a VR music video or just a player?
-Miku.....is Miku....
-WHY THE FUCK CANT I PLAY DAGANROPA VR?!?!

The Playroom VR says it was made by Sony Japan and that's possibly the best thing out right now. I think Japanese devs are much needed to push VR, this is actually a good avenue for them to shine on a global scale again.

On that note, you didn't mention Summer Lesson ;) I do agree Godzilla looks woefully short but hey, it's a VR promo for a movie! I'd love to see a VR game based on the film though.

Hot damn those lens pens work great.

Initial wipe for the oil/sweat with a cloth then the rest gets cleaned to crystal with the charcoal pad. Brilliant!

Told ya :) I never use anything else. You don't even need the cloth. You can breath soflty on the lens, take out your pen and you're done.

Afrikan

The Playroom VR says it was made by Sony Japan and that's possibly the best thing out right now. I think Japanese devs are much needed to push VR, this is actually a good avenue for them to shine on a global scale again.

On that note, you didn't mention Summer Lesson ;) I do agree Godzilla looks woefully short but hey, it's a VR promo for a movie! I'd love to see a VR game based on the film though.

well they need to hurry up and release Jumping Flash. Shu is trippin man... force the issue Shu. Get it started! :)

tumblr_nur43rmYtZ1skasmxo1_500.gif

sn00zer

Oh yeah Sony Japan knocked it outta the park

antibolo

Banned
Hey I enjoyed the Shin Godzilla tech demo. It's not much but then again nor is the Kitchen demo either.

Any impressions of O my genesis yet? Seems pretty similar to tethered.

I tried the demo on the Asia region demo disc.

It's cute. Feels like you have the planet sitting on your lap. Not sure exactly what a full game of this will be like though (different levels with different objectives?).

sn00zer

Can you only get the Danganropa VR from Japanese PS+?

EDIT: Also, serious question, what does the full version of Super Hypercube have over the demo?

So just been looking for a stand for my PSVR, really can't leave it on top of its box, as it looks untidy and the girlfriend will eventually tell me to move it lol.

I'm still a little disappointed the PowerA Display + Charge Stand isn't coming out in the UK or doesn't appear to be yet, as it looked pretty good but I've just seen the PRIF Dynamo Charging Station, which doesn't look bad at all and has the same kind of features (charges 2x Moves and 1x DS4 + 2 has extra USB ports) worth a look for anyone looking for a decent stand for PSVR in the UK.

http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/video-games-tablets/c-994/playstation-4-accessories/p-20763/prif-dynamo-charging-station-for-playstation-vr/?gclid=CjwKEAjwnebABRCjpvr13dHL8DsSJABB-ILJUUj8UICNSUnN0vCbYG5gZ17KKMIW5b484-BfAHWZ3RoCr9Xw_wcB

Amazon have it listed too, its coming out in December.

Not sure about the technical details but it looks like Call of Duty VR experience will be free for all PS4 owners just going by an official tweet:

Pilot your Jackal through intense VR dogfights in the Jackal Assault VR Experience, free for all PS4 owners on November 4. #InfiniteWarfare

https://twitter.com/CallofDuty/status/793902850661285888

dayummmnn. Can't wait.

Was thinking. If they can do a quick demo of the New God of War in VR, throw axes and running through that winter stage. ... Hngggh!

or a mini game extra where you can shoot bows and throw axes.

Told ya :) I never use anything else. You don't even need the cloth. You can breath soflty on the lens, take out your pen and you're done.
Will do this next time.

Cleaned them up quick! Will be ordering more of these as backup. That little charcoal pad works wonders. Also the micro brush is great, too.

Thanks, dude!

So I'm not sure how to phrase this... But the very slight snow or static that i see when I'm not focusing on the game... Is that supposed to be that way... It doesn't interfere with the game... I just want to make sure I'm supposed to be seeing it

Tekniqs

Well go the PSVR earlier. Came home and tried out EVE demo and I just had the widest smile the entire time. Scared myself playing Kitchen and then spent an hour to beat Arkham VR. WOW! The ending to that game is so awesome lol

Chris_C

Any impressions of O my genesis yet? Seems pretty similar to tethered.

I played through the demo on the Asian demo disc (video link here). It's quite charming and I like that it supports move controllers. I can see how the full game would be quite a bit of fun, not to mention hectic. Image quality could be better, but otherwise it looked, sounded and felt good. I plan on getting the full game when it's released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom