• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

Hasney

BT Sport are doing Champions League on YouTube for people in the UK, so we should be able to watch it live in 360 degree.

ffvorax

EU blog is announcing an UEFA Champions League Final VR App Beta for June 1st. Will it allow to watch the finale at 360 degree ?

Would love to try it if available also for Italy PSN! :O

But where will we be sit in the stadium? I hope I won't get tall people in front of me as always... :( (lol kidding)

Maligna

Banned
I'm really starting to consider jumping into PSVR. I still only have the OG PS4, what do you guys think? Is the experience really much better with a pro? I just can't really afford both right now :(

It does quite a bit, depending on if the game has been optimized for it.

That being said, I had my PSVR on an OG PS4 at first and it still blew me away. If I had never tried it ona Pro, I wouldn't have known I was missing anything. It still looks great on the original console.

Planet

If you have a PS4 Amateur and want PSVR, just go for it. Yes it could be better if you had a Pro, but it still works just fine. You e.g. won't get sick because of frame rates, those are optimized for the base model just as well.

And when you eventually have an opportunity to upgrade, it will be quite seamless - transfer data and enjoy higher res, better reflections, whatever.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
HDR box is plausible but PSVR is just not big enough for them to justify another SKU. A revision down the road might do that though.

Just sell it seperately for $49.99 and watch 10s of thousands buy it. People like me actually!

MattAces

Just sell it seperately for $49.99 and watch 10s of thousands buy it. People like me actually!

Watch 10s of thousands people complain about it for not giving it free, then hate Sony, create a petition, bla bla bla, then buy it.

Well yeah, I thought it was fine the first 2 or 3 times. It just got way too much after that though.

As cheesy as those faces are, they did a really great job to sell the effect of those tracks wrapping around your faces and I can really picture that in my mind.
I just wish they would do something like Korix, an Avatar or a flying head with the controller so I can wave to others in Multiplayer.

Z3M0G

With the release of Star Trek, the first VR game I REALLY want to play that my buddy (who owns a PSVR) doesn't have interest in, I have finally come to a point where it is very difficult to resist buying a PSVR... I want to play this game very very badly. The social experience must be incredible.

Though a few things still hold me back:

- $$ (need to cut down a bit more CC debt first)

- My GF and I either watch TV or play games together (Zelda will last us MONTHS) in the evenings, and I'm not sure how into watching me play something like this she will be...

Has PSVR ever had any sales yet?

I am interested and I also don't care.

I can't find any info about it so I am guessing it probably doesn't, outside of the training stuff.

Is anyone going to do an OT for Star Trek this Tuesday?

I plan to start with Engineer. Seems simplest.

PSN: noirsombra
Sorry I didn't get back to you two sooner. Maligna I sent you a request. Shortt, I tried looking for your user name on PSN but I didn't see you for some reason. My PSN name is hdcase .

Ill be on and off throughout the day but tonight at 10pm eastern I can definitely play.

We're still looking for one more crew member!

panda-zebra

Banned

Not bad. Not a fan of tower defence at all, but physically aiming bow and arrow felt good, as did casting magic once I'd figured it out (although the left hand does nothing but hold the book...). Warping around the arenas, picking up buffs for doing large damage, all getting a bit hectic in later waves. Don't think it'll be a buy, though. Might have if it was an Aim game rather than Moves.

Joystick

Does anyone know what this is all about?

@VeteransRevenge: Never seen #cgi advanced #Ai #V3 on #sony #PSVR by #beatsofhell pic.twitter.com/PMNrKVv8wn

https://twitter.com/VeteransRevenge/status/865426555735912448

and

and

The images show the PlayStation.VR logo and large letters V3.

And these videos:

Wanna see what #VR & #artificialintelligence #cinema looks like? #london1888 #rippershall #V3 #Sony #beatsofhell artist #Paloma & Bros

https://twitter.com/Real_AOP/status/864221753513582596

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMhzOdPM9oc

Could be a 3D 360 deg video showing 1888 London and fashion? Seems to be related to a steampunk like convention.

Kyolux

Link is working for me in NA now -- looking forward to checking it out.

Also, I"m totally down for Tiny Trax. That looks awesome!

Yeah, even with my qualms with the trailer from earlier, it does look like a lot of fun.

edit: can't see amulet on Canadian store.

MattAces

Does anyone know what this is all about?

and

and

The images show the PlayStation.VR logo and large letters V3.

And these videos:

Could be a 3D 360 deg video showing 1888 London and fashion? Seems to be related to a steampunk like convention.

Damn it, after seeing all of those cool concept arts with that last video, for sure it's some dumb music video again. I hope it has nothing to do with this http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1354308

bumpkin

I don't know if anyone's posted about this or not, but I saw a tweet by Best Buy saying that you get a free PS4 Camera with a PSVR purchase. So if you can find even just a core bundle somewhere, you can get the cam for nothin'.

I'm really eager to give the Ancient Amuleta demo a whirl when it goes up tomorrow. I'm not terribly keen on tower defense games, but we'll see. VR has an effect of making me like genres I'm not a huge fan of normally.

MattAces

https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...n-archangel-coming-to-playstation-vr-in-july/
Arch Angel finally announced for PSVR.
Will be released on PSVR in July for an exclusive two week window. What's the point of that exclusivity, either way it looks cool.
Pilot a one-of-a-kind weapon: a six-story high war machine built to destroy. You're dropped into the cockpit of a giant mech to lead your squadron into battle against HUMNX, a private conglomerate that governs what little is left of a ravaged America.
Grab the controls and watch as your own two massive mech hands surge to life! Fire at will on your enemies with an incredible array of high-powered weapons, or punch a plane from the sky with one hand while machine-gunning a hovercopter with the other — all without breaking a sweat.
Please don't be a gimped PSVR version that uses DS4 instead of Move.

Edit : Nevermind, confirmed Move controller! Wohoo! still no gameplay though. https://youtu.be/MthKMqCwyOY?t=1m38s

Planet

Doesn't sound like DualShock controls. But it also doesn't sound like locomotion - another stationary wave shooter? YAY!!!

Chairhome

I'm finally jumping in on this, buying a used headset. My kids are excited to play Job Simulator, they tried it recently.
Any tips I should know about? Must get games?
Also I've heard there is unofficial PC support, i may try that. Has anyone here delved into that?

I'm finally jumping in on this, buying a used headset. My kids are excited to play Job Simulator, they tried it recently.
Any tips I should know about? Must get games?
Also I've heard there is unofficial PC support, i may try that. Has anyone here delved into that?

Use a lot of disinfectant wipes...

Kyolux

Saw this just now and thought it looks really cool, made by robo recall and gears of war devs, but the article only mentioned rift and vive. Where can I find the press article?

No idea, only have an email because I went to e3 in 2010 for GamingBolt and they still send me emails.

I'm on some mailing list as if I was part of their staff.

Tumle

What are you guys doing in here? Didn't you get the memo that VR is dead? :p
Looks like there's a lot of fun games coming out in the near future, I can't wait! :)
Also Star Trek: bridge crew is so much fun!
Social VR is a hoot :)

Drastic

- My GF and I either watch TV or play games together (Zelda will last us MONTHS) in the evenings, and I'm not sure how into watching me play something like this she will be...

Has PSVR ever had any sales yet?

You may be aware, but the social screen is optional after setup. She can play something else on the TV while you use the headset.

The hardware has some minor sales here and there, free camera at best buy right now. Another sale at Frys with promo code is today I think.

Joystick

A few new games uncovered in the last 24 hours. Nice to see. Here's another:

Cavernous Wastes announced for the Playstation 4 and PSVR.

The ship is home. The ship is safe. The ship is the key to escape.

With no memory of where you are and no idea how you got there, you do know one thing: you have to escape. Fly through the maze-like caverns and fight through the automated defense systems while searching for a way out. Every teleporter takes you closer to freedom, but be careful: there are no second chances in the Cavernous Wastes…

https://youtu.be/727BegJAJFM

http://www.pouncingkitten.com/portal/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=34&Itemid=132

"Coming soon"

And Summer Lesson might be getting a new Alison Snow Garden game based on trophies that have just showed up.

Joystick

Upcoming peripheral:

Hapto Brings Real Haptic Feeling To Your Hands In VR

Hapto is a new peripheral that takes haptic feedback to a new level. Forget rumble motors and linear resonant actuators; Hapto features mechanical “pushers” that replicate the feeling of physical objects.

The company announced that Sony PlayStation VR support, OSVR support, Microsoft HoloLens support, and Apple iOS support are in the pipeline.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/haptop-haptic-feedback-peripheral-indiegogo,34527.html

That takes Summer Lesson to a whole new level.

Codiox

Finally got a reply from the developer of Happy Drummer VR.
It's already in the process of approval, so it is coming out very soon. If it's priced correctly I will definitely get it.

Trailer if anybody missed it : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aPagbqUa60

Oh shit this looks like a ton of fun. Will buy day 1! Man All those new VR games that are coming. This thing is on fire! And Im sitting here and can't finish Farpoint because I'm such a coward...

Top Bottom