• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

FDC1

Mortal Blitz was announced for today in Europe on the Playstation blog but I can't find it on the french store. Is it the same for you in other countries?

j0hnnix

I got my PSVR yesterday , oh boy, I only did some demos so far... But Jesus.. what a ride. I was on it for 5 hrs. My wallet is going to hurt.. what I really want to buy sort of.

All of this is digital.

Eve Valkryie(it's 59... Is it worth it?)
Rush of Blood(wtf this is scary af)
RE7
Thumper
Batman(I'm not sure I know everyone says it's great)

Rigs is a maybe
Starblood Arena looks good but haven't demo it.

Oh.. any tweaks that newer users should consider? I'm on the ps4 pro.

Maligna

Banned
I got my PSVR yesterday , oh boy, I only did some demos so far... But Jesus.. what a ride. I was on it for 5 hrs. My wallet is going to hurt.. what I really want to buy sort of.

All of this is digital.

RE7
Thumper

Rigs is a maybe

Welcome!

I'd highly recommend Farpoint with the AIM controller and Star Trek. Make sure you have move controllers for that extra level of immersion!

All of this is digital.

RE7
Thumper

Rigs is a maybe

Headmaster.

I'm trying to buy Farpoint online and get the Aim controller separate, but it seems non-existent. Does Sony not want me to go this route or something? Is there a special place to buy the Aim controller separately?

Maligna

Banned
I'm trying to buy Farpoint online and get the Aim controller separate, but it seems non-existent. Does Sony not want me to go this route or something? Is there a special place to buy the Aim controller separately?

If I remember correctly it's much, much cheaper to get it as a bundle.

The Goat

Been trying to hunt down the Farpoint bundle, but it's harder to find than a Switch. Also, I don't want a physical copy of the game, but that seems to be the only option for the bundle. Definitely don't feel like spending an extra $40 to buy them separately.

Considering Star Trek as well, but Farpoint appeals more to me atm.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I'm really terribly interested in this. I have a Pro, but no camera or moves. I've got a Switch and a bunch of accessories I never use that I'm considering selling and buying this.

I'm a horror junkie, I miss the hell out of Light Gun games, and VR has been a dream of mine since I first saw Dactyl Nightmare on TV when I was like 11 years old.

My only VR experience has been a headset for my Mobile. Google cardboard. I trust this is on a whole other level?

I'm super interested in A Rush of Blood to the Head and Farpoint. That racing game posted earlier looks baller as well! Any other action-horror Light Gun-type games I should look out for?

I'm really terribly interested in this. I have a Pro, but no camera or moves. I've got a Switch and a bunch of accessories I never use that I'm considering selling and buying this.

I'm a horror junkie, I miss the hell out of Light Gun games, and VR has been a dream of mine since I first saw Dactyl Nightmare on TV when I was like 11 years old.

My only VR experience has been a headset for my Mobile. Google cardboard. I trust this is on a whole other level?

I'm super interested in A Rush of Blood to the Head and Farpoint. That racing game posted earlier looks baller as well! Any other action-horror Light Gun-type games I should look out for?

Brookhaven Experiment is something you should look into. I found it really fun and if you are getting Farpoint with the gun, BE is adding support for it soonish.

cakely

RE7 isn't a light-gun game, but it sure fits the bill as a horror game with guns.

Arkham: VR isn't a horror game but it's actually pretty scary.

Yes, absolutely, PSVR is on an entirely different level than google cardboard but it comes with a correspondingly higher price tag.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
RE7 isn't a light-gun game, but it sure fits the bill as a horror game with guns.

Arkham: VR isn't a horror game but it's actually pretty scary.

Yes, absolutely, PSVR is on an entirely different level than google cardboard but it comes with a correspondingly higher price tag.

Brookhaven Experiment is something you should look into. I found it really fun and if you are getting Farpoint with the gun, BE is adding support for it soonish.
Funny you mention RE7. I own it on PC but just bought it on PS4 due to the big sale and my hopes of a PSVR. I can only imagine my kids and I creeping through that house. It would be a blast.

Is Paranormal Activity still slated to come? We're big fans of the films.

Just got my Service Box from SIE, followed the steps (loled at the "No Insect Infested Unit" part) and now will ship back my unit for service.

Hope they get back to me quickly :p

Z3M0G

I don't know if anyone's posted about this or not, but I saw a tweet by Best Buy saying that you get a free PS4 Camera with a PSVR purchase. So if you can find even just a core bundle somewhere, you can get the cam for nothin'.
oh my... canada too... i already have 2 moves...

bumpkin

Hmm... Ancient Amuletor is a no for me after trying the demo. Maybe it's just the two characters in the demo, but I'm not feeling the two-handed loading and firing. The Mage is especially clumsy and unintuitive. I played through one of the stages on easy and was annoyed at how quickly I was overwhelmed by enemies because I couldn't dispatch them quickly enough. I can't even imagine the harder difficulties.

MattAces

Hmm... Ancient Amuletor is a no for me after trying the demo. Maybe it's just the two characters in the demo, but I'm not feeling the two-handed loading and firing. The Mage is especially clumsy and unintuitive. I played through one of the stages on easy and was annoyed at how quickly I was overwhelmed by enemies because I couldn't dispatch them quickly enough. I can't even imagine the harder difficulties.

The low quality audio is what killed it for me. Also the lack of impact/hit feedback or satisfaction. Just felt like a huge nothingness. Although, in the latest trailer they did show some cool powers that weren't usable in the demo.

Get hyped people Special Delivery (PaperBoy) will have PSVR Aim Support!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/MeerkatGaming/status/870368472131399680

Still kind of upset with the lack of Move support. But with Aim support, i might keep an eye out for this game.

Belker

Have they fixed the drift and pulsing in and out of the screen problems yet? I had a PSVR at launch but returned it, partially because of those.

Last I heard the problems were still there and people were talking about using coloured lights to fix them, which wasn't a good sign.

MattAces

Have they fixed the drift and pulsing in and out of the screen problems yet? I had a PSVR at launch but returned it, partially because of those.

Last I heard the problems were still there and people were talking about using coloured lights to fix them, which wasn't a good sign.

Not at all, I had those problem at launch too, but after truly understanding the proper calibration techniques and how to avoid them, haven't had a single problem ever since. There's a lot of tricks for an optimal tracking, you have to take the time to set it up properly.

Also you mention about the colored light thing, I've tried it (I have the LED light that changes color) and it doesn't seem to do anything, felt like a placebo effect.

Holy shit, Star Trek Bridge Crew is so fun with drunk friends. Played a few games with some drunk friends and randoms and it was some of the most fun I've had in gaming. This game phenomenal!

Belker

Not at all, I had those problem at launch too, but after truly understanding the proper calibration techniques and how to avoid them, haven't had a single problem ever since. There's a lot of tricks for an optimal tracking, you have to take the time to set it up properly.

Also you mention about the colored light thing, I've tried it (I have the LED light that changes color) and it doesn't seem to do anything, felt like a placebo effect.

I had the PSVR for two weeks and tried everything I reasonably could, but nothing fixed the issues.

It's good that it's working for you, but this inconsistency of experience is part of the issue for me.

There's a price point where I'll put up with some jankiness, but not at the price it is now.

EDIT

I also wanted to let my mother have a go, since she's known gaming has been my hobby for 30+ years. But before I let her wear it, I need it to be rock solid. I don't want her first true 'experience' of gaming to be one of defined by nausea.

bumpkin

I really wish I knew someone with a PS4 Pro and PSVR so I could see how a game looks on my OG PS4 and then put on a headset running the same game on a Pro right afterwards. I'm still really curious how dramatic of a difference there is in the IQ. I've looked up comparisons online, but I feel like it's one of those "you have to see it first-hand" things.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Holy shit, Star Trek Bridge Crew is so fun with drunk friends. Played a few games with some drunk friends and randoms and it was some of the most fun I've had in gaming. This game phenomenal!

Never thought I'd see this quote about video games lol

MattAces

giphy.gif

18556818_1441725315850864_3312404498359656767_o.jpg

2-lg.jpg

Maligna

Banned
Anyone with Tekken 7, can you tell me how the character model viewer works? Are you in a fixed perspective or can you place the camera wherever you want? Can you examine them as closely as the character models in Batman Arkham VR?

I really wish I knew someone with a PS4 Pro and PSVR so I could see how a game looks on my OG PS4 and then put on a headset running the same game on a Pro right afterwards. I'm still really curious how dramatic of a difference there is in the IQ. I've looked up comparisons online, but I feel like it's one of those "you have to see it first-hand" things.

I've had and tried both.

One example of the difference I can give is I went from not being able to read the decals on the side of my RIGS mech to them being crystal clear. Felt like I had just put on prescription glasses and was seeing the world anew. Immediately I was like, "purchase justified".

That being said, I was perfectly content on OG PS4 before, but now that I've tried it on Pro I can't go back. So, if you don't intend to upgrade just make sure you never try it and you won't really know what you're missing. Haha.

Top Bottom