• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

I remember the PSVR1 was a ballache to get juuuuuuust right for clarity. A smaller sweet spot along with first time users with nothing to compare to means there are gonna be a fair few disappointed people. Shame the IPD setting wasnt digital and tied to profiles, going to make multipe users a PITA I feel.

cormack12

Gold Member
Got mine:

45228604gr.png

The content of the box is really sparse - just:
- the VR headset
- 2x controllers
- 1x cable
- 1x headphones
- 1x cat

Won't be able to try it until tonight, gotta work now.
s-l640.jpg

SRTtoZ

Have Horizon coming with the bundle but I also downloaded the RE8 VR mode, have GT7 and bought the Kayak game and No mans sky. I forgot no mans sky isn't VR ready yet but it was on sale so whatever. I want the star wars game but NOT at $50!

Raonak

Banned
Holy balls Pistol Whip is fun.
It's the perfect mix of super hot and beat saber. Strange combo but works real well.

If anyone's have tracking issues, it's definitely related to blank white walls. Luckily, you don't actually need to face your tv to play psvr2 so I just rotated 90 degrees and recentered and it fixed all my tracking issues lol

phaedrus

If anyone's have tracking issues, it's definitely related to blank white walls.

Yup blank walls not so good for inside-out tracking.

The tracking system needs fixed "landmarks" within the room to determine its relative position/orientation, and also to remember that room so that you don't have to re-do the room mapping the next time you play.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Holy balls Pistol Whip is fun.
It's the perfect mix of super hot and beat saber. Strange combo but works real well.

If anyone's have tracking issues, it's definitely related to blank white walls. Luckily, you don't actually need to face your tv to play psvr2 so I just rotated 90 degrees and recentered and it fixed all my tracking issues lol
Blank walls, as in real living room/bedroom walls?

Darko

Have Horizon coming with the bundle but I also downloaded the RE8 VR mode, have GT7 and bought the Kayak game and No mans sky. I forgot no mans sky isn't VR ready yet but it was on sale so whatever. I want the star wars game but NOT at $50!
No man sky isn’t ready? :( when’s it coming

SRTtoZ

No man sky isn’t ready? :( when’s it coming
It was pushed to 'launch window not long ago' but after reading some shit on reddit it looks like it's back on for todays launch!!! Eurogamer said they'll be streaming it later today with PSRV2. FUCK YES.

I was so disappointed when they pushed it back but it looks like they got it ready in time.

I think an update/patch has to be pushed out today because it's missing the little VR iron on the side of the title that the other VR ready games have.

Last edited:

Raonak

Banned
Some of the quality of life stuff is really fantastic. The button for passthrough mode fixes so many issues. And the headset having a silent fan which sucks in air to make sure the lenses don't get fogged up is a gamechanger. And even minor stuff like the earbud holders on the sides. Amazing engineering.

Blank walls, as in real living room/bedroom walls?
Nah most real bedrooms have things like windows, cupboards, doors etc. You probably won't even have tracking issues if you play in normal places. don't be facing an empty wall and you'll be good lol. And if you do, put up a poster or something. It's so much nicer than having to deal with the setup of outside-in tracking.

Ar¢tos

Some of the quality of life stuff is really fantastic. The button for passthrough mode fixes so many issues. And the headset having a silent fan which sucks in air to make sure the lenses don't get fogged up is a gamechanger. And even minor stuff like the earbud holders on the sides. Amazing engineering.

Nah most real bedrooms have things like windows, cupboards, doors etc. You probably won't even have tracking issues if you play in normal places. don't be facing an empty wall and you'll be good lol. And if you do, put up a poster or something. It's so much nicer than having to deal with the setup of outside-in tracking.
My house is a cluttered mess, so I'm ok. I'll just shove things around to clear a 2x2m space in front of the Tv/ps5.

I thought that white colored walls were the issue (dumb me).

Last edited:

Vindicator

Headset got delivered here in EU, now just finish work, get home, do some more work and probably fire it up in the evening, also curious about Death Stranding in ultrawide cinema mode, started the game like 1 week ago.

Bullets-hurt

Neo Member
Just got a notification from DPD saying that it will be here in the next 30 minutes. Time to grab a cuppa, watch some Sunny and then it’ll be here.
Sony just sent off my charging dock but horizion bundle still preparing to ship. Hopefully will also be shipped today or I'm going to have to really enjoy my dock tommorow.

Markio128

I’ll be getting mine 12:30-13:30 UK time, so only a couple of hours away.

I’m looking forward to hearing impressions of games that I’m on the fence with, but I’m happy with my lot for now.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
PSVR 2 dope for sure. Played around with it for a few hours today. I think I need to wear my reading glasses though, it's tricky to find the sweet spot as others have mentioned and can appear a tad blurry. The sweet spot IS there, but keeping it there is an issue. I'm sure ill figure it out, just like the PSVR 1.

It is however night and day coming of the PSVR 1. If that's the only VR you've really spent any time with, you will be amazed at the QoL improvements and visual fidelity.

It's a trip when you do the room scan, real next gen tech stuff and the launch lineup is quite varied too. Just noticed a game called Runner, which is an anime inspired motorscycle shooter game. Downloading now as it was pretty cheap, but there's a shitload of games. I mean just kayaking around will keep me busy for hours lol

Got my PSVR2 and omg is it amazing! Just make sure you put on the headset correctly otherwise you’ll have a blurry time 🤣. Tried some GT7 and omg omg omg is it amazing. Got carsick really quickly though so had to stop after about 10 minutes hehe. Have to practice my stupid brain 🤣.

There is a mura effect like reviewers mentioned, that’s not too hard to be seen to be honest but after literally just seeing it you forget about it instantly because you only see it with a dark, non moving screen. Didn’t notice any screen door effects and/or god rays, it’s all good!

consoul

As day one ends, I'm a happy man. GT7 is flawless, RE Village has a new breath of life, and everyone in my family suddenly digs kayaking.

The game that gave me chills was none of those however. It was a game from 2001: fucking Rez.

Sega dropped that synaesthesia trip on PS2 & Dreamcast 20+ years ago and today it has finally become what it somehow always was. It's the same game, but with Type-4 (eye-tracked) aiming turned on, it's like you're controlling it with your fucking mind. It's as if the technology has just caught up to what Rez always wanted to be.

Last edited:

Markio128

As day one, ends I'm a happy man. GT7 is flawless, RE Village has a new breath of life, and everyone in my family suddenly digs kayaking.

The game that gave me chills was none of those however. It was a game from 2001: fucking Rez.

Sega dropped that synaesthesia trip on PS2 & Dreamcast 20+ years ago and today it has finally become what it somehow always was. It's the same game, but with Type-4 (eye-tracked) aiming turned on, it's like you're controlling it with your fucking mind. It's as if the technology has just caught up to what Rez always wanted to be.
I’m going to get the upgrade for Rez. It was one of my fave psvr games. The eye tracking sounds awesome!

Romulus

The fact that John Linneman from DF is so in awe with GT7 and RE8 tells you a lot. He's pretty picky when it comes to visuals and technology in general and he's blown away. I can't wait to try VR for the first time tomorrow.

Yeah just spend a few seconds adjusting the sweet spot for clarity. The blurry comments are from people that aren't doing that. No technical reviewers are mentioning "blurry" whatsoever and they'd be the first to say it.

Last edited:

k1m1d4n

Got mine:

45228604gr.png

The content of the box is really sparse - just:
- the VR headset
- 2x controllers
- 1x cable
- 1x headphones
- 1x cat

Won't be able to try it until tonight, gotta work now.
I'm a little disappointed with this situation. Been a PlayStation pony since forever, pre-ordered everything they have ever sold and still I had to buy the cat separately 🤪🤪🤪

Last edited:

ssringo

Small update regarding RE4R VR content.

The VR mode for Resident Evil 4 has begun development! Please look forward to more details in the future!” reads a tweet from the official Resident Evil Twitter account.

“The VR mode for Resident Evil 4 will be released as free downloadable content for PlayStation 5 / PlayStation VR2,” reads a follow-up tweet.

Sounds like it'll be the full game!

SRTtoZ

I really hope they give us RE7 for PSVR2 again. Love that game. While I'm happy that PSVR2 is coming today, I still have a ton of shit to beat non VR. Dead Space, Forbidden West, Forspoken, Harry Potter, Ghosts of Tshushima. I wonder if just for fucking fun if I'll play some Dead Space in cinema mode to check it out. I was giving Callisto Protocol a go on hardcore mode but I gave up halfway through. FUCK THAT. It's just not fun with no ammo having to hit the monsters 20 times to down 1 while being swarmed by 3. I adore that game but hardcore mode ain't it.

Last edited:

Freeman76

I've had a nightmare with Sony on this thing lol

I preordered it a while back as I thought there would be some awesome stuff announced for release, and I expected it to sell out and didn't want to miss out. At the weekend I realised there isn't really anything coming that I can't wait a few months for, by which time it may have dropped in price, so decided to cancel my preorder. At this point they hadn't taken any money. I went on their website and tried to cancel my preorder on Monday, and there were no options to do so, even though the order hadn't been processed.

My only option was to delete my Paypal on the PS5 (that's my only form of payment option on there) as I couldn't do it on their website (kept saying 'oops something went wrong'). Then I thought when they come to take the money it will fail and my order will be cancelled, and haven't given it a second thought. Just came out of work to an email informing me it's been shipped! Just checked my bank account and the money hasn't been taken, and isn't showing as pending either, so fuck knows what's going on.

Hellmaker

I've had a nightmare with Sony on this thing lol

I preordered it a while back as I thought there would be some awesome stuff announced for release, and I expected it to sell out and didn't want to miss out. At the weekend I realised there isn't really anything coming that I can't wait a few months for, by which time it may have dropped in price, so decided to cancel my preorder. At this point they hadn't taken any money. I went on their website and tried to cancel my preorder on Monday, and there were no options to do so, even though the order hadn't been processed.

My only option was to delete my Paypal on the PS5 (that's my only form of payment option on there) as I couldn't do it on their website (kept saying 'oops something went wrong'). Then I thought when they come to take the money it will fail and my order will be cancelled, and haven't given it a second thought. Just came out of work to an email informing me it's been shipped! Just checked my bank account and the money hasn't been taken, and isn't showing as pending either, so fuck knows what's going on.
Just take it and enjoy😁👌

Sony just sent off my charging dock but horizion bundle still preparing to ship. Hopefully will also be shipped today or I'm going to have to really enjoy my dock tommorow.
Your bundle should turn up today. I’ve see. On Reddit that a bunch of peoples bundles are turning up despite saying ‘preparing to ship’. There’s a workaround through ‘inspect element’ on chrome that allows you to find your tracking number and then track it through DPD.

I’m fairly confident that anyone who preordered in the UK will get it today.

AGRacing

Anyone have 1st hand knowledge of in store stock on the east coast? Curious if it's on the shelf at Walmart, etc.

drezz

What?

My entire apartment is white walls and mirrors!
Sad Season 1 GIF by Rick and Morty

Quest 2 had little too no problem with them(PCVR) but I tink the vertical mirror is the biggest sinner here(For me).
Will try moving out to the living room instead and see what resaults I'll get there.

Bounderies are really slow for me(Revealing the walls), I've set them too max now and it is "borderline" too close for comfort... my default play area has more then enough markings from the quest controllers being slammed and scrapped during intense gaming sessions.

EDIT
:
I'll just dump my last post here since this is OT

Got mine!(Norway)
Horizon code doesnt work...
Seeing some people posting on reddit that I have too try later, cause "launch" hasnt happend yet, soo codes doesnt work.
Game is 40+GB so I'd love too get that downloaded already.
Real quick, controllers came almost fully charged, but I topped them off while eating a sub.
The Quest 2 buttons and joystick is more like the PS5 Duelsense in PRESS and moving, while the new Sense™ Controllers buttons are hard and has no "travel" or "push" ... like a harder/stiffer Vita buttons and joystick is... Okay.
Will take time getting used too, and so far im not a fan of that... probably cause Im so used too Quest 2(PCVR).
My head calibration failed multiple times when marking(With the blue triangles and pulsing) and I think it was case of MIRROR in the room... I deliberately tracked inside the mirror(Vertical mirror) and it made it out too be a Portal looking entrance into another world... Was actually really really Cool, even doh accidently.
System just restarted the calibration many times while painting the blue colour, making me have too redo the painting from scratch(With no message or reasons too why).
Managed too get enough of the blu stuff around to procced and just mark the bounderies.
Tried After the fall(Cause I already had that ready and was the last game I played on PCVR so i'd be a good quick comparions) and I GUESS the mirror fucks up regardless, cause my head pooped off during the first fight with enemies and was relocated a whole headsize forward too the front and right, 3 times in quick succession(And stayed there for a couple of seconds).
Will move too the living room and try it there.

Last edited:

TrebleShot

Juat arrived, but of course have a meeting.
First impressions,

- Its tiny, so simple, had no idea how small the unit was and compact, its awesome
- Initial set up blew me away, its like some future device
- Tricky to get the right spot for the eye, can be blurry otherwise
- Controllers are tiny
- Theatre mode is mental, absolutely huge screen to play with

Didnt mange to actually play anything.

Z3K

Walked into a mall this lunchtime and picked up a unit from one of the electronic stores here in Dubai.

oWNIQFS.jpg

I’m just testing it out now, and I noticed the finger tracking isn’t that good when I played call of the mountain, anyone else noticed that?

Everything else though is a massive upgrade over the original PSVR, especially how the headset is way more comfortable and balanced now.

XXL

Came across this. One of my friends said it was pretty useful and helped a few of the issues. It seems there are some setting that aren't defaulted, when they should be. I don't have my headset yet, so I haven't tried myself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom