• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

nbkicker

Cant wait to hear more peoples comments on there psvr2s, for me cant justiy buying one at the min till there more games just for that platform that gonna make it worth it, got a psvr 1 which loved and easy to set up, just tracking was rubbish, but was easy for me to get sweet spot, then got a rift s but that was rubbish trying to get and keep sweet spot and keep it there, recently got a quest 2 for developing on and put it on right away and got sweet spot and easy to keep there, plus never had any problems with tracking, especially since moved into a new house so computer room only has desk in and with white plain walls and light grey carpet and quest 2 perfectly tracked in everything i done

phaedrus

Just collected my set from the local Sony Store.

Charging the Sense controllers using magnetic USB-C adapters.
I have them on all my game controllers, tablets and phone, to minimize wear & tear on the USB ports, and for sheer convenience.

CVaz3JD.jpg

Markio128

Because I’m giving the controllers a decent charge, I’ve only played GT7 so far. I genuinely couldn’t stop myself from laughing when I was playing. The VR showroom is tremendous - I had a good look around my fave car, the Shelby Cobra - such amazing detail. Then I had a few races and crashed every 2 minutes, just because I was looking around me all the time. Surprisingly, I didn’t get any signs of nausea, even though I raced on a few tracks with lots of height changes - but boy, do you appreciate the tracks a lot more in VR.

It did take a while to feel comfy in the headset and achieve the sweet spot, but it’s spot on now. Can’t wait to try the controllers with a few of the other games - I’ll probably try Kayak first. I’ve downloaded a few demos, like Star Wars and Horizon, so lots to try later.

Last edited:
refreshing to hear opinions here where people know their shit at least a little bit.

noobs on Reddit calling it blurry as hell, barely a step from PSVR1, i couldn't help but think they were sniffing glue or eating shit, nice to see that it's confirmed.

it seems sweet spot is a big deal just like the first one I had

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
refreshing to hear opinions here where people know their shit at least a little bit.

noobs on Reddit calling it blurry as hell, barely a step from PSVR1, i couldn't help but think they were sniffing glue or eating shit, nice to see that it's confirmed.

it seems sweet spot is a big deal just like the first one I had
1st time vr user. I just chucked the headset on, jiggled it around so I could read stuff, did the IPD(?) thing and jumped into Kayak. Very happy with the result. If I can improve it by micro-fiddling the set up even more then happy days.

sachos

Notoriously picky John again from a whole week ago. Don't worry, the image is top tier.

Yeah if the display and IQ really is that bad im sure John of all people would have had a thing or two to say. The fact he is praising it to no end makes me believe is a sweat spot issue with people not adjusting it properly.

About to start Star Wars on the living room PS5 while I download Call of the Mountain on my game room PC (friends are on their way over to check it out, and my game room is too cramped for VR and 5 grown men), and my wife is already making fun of us. Time to disappear into a galaxy far, far away.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I think some people just have this expectation that using a VR headset should be crystal clear with perfect image quality. Unfortunately that's not the case yet. Fresnel lenses by design will always suffer from a small sweet spot, more or less edge blur, some godrays/glare, chromatic aberration, etc. Pancake lenses solve some of those issues, but have other downsides such as dimming the image and limited FOV (pancake lenses seem to be limited to about 90 degrees right now, which makes a BIG difference vs the 110 degrees of the PSVR2).

R6Rider

Gold Member
Any opinions on cotm? Unsure wether to pick the bundle up or not, already have re8 and gt7.
I'm waiting to get it later. Although there is a trial for it available.

General consensus is that overall the gameplay is okay, and it looks amazing.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Thanks. Grabbing job sim

That's a very good one to start with if you're not used to VR, it has none of the "disconnected" motion that can make people nauseous, you're completely stationary at all times (except that you can physically move around a bit if you have room for it). It's also a lot of fun, and a good example of 1:1 VR interactions with picking up and interacting with objects etc.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Listening to jeff gerstmann review, I will wait on it.
It is the best wired headset right now and that's great.... but horizon is meh and I am not interested in a lot of these games.
RE8 and gt7 look great but I would still prefer to play them on my flat oled huh.
I feel that I wouldbe jumping on it if I didn't had 17 headsets before and finished alyx 3 times in a row lol

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Haven't played NMS in a while. Tried (original) VR mode very briefly, but it just wasn't quite good enough to get into. I think PSVR2 will address most of the issues I had with it though. Pretty excited. I imagine I'll be completely lost. Fully expect to be dropped on a harsh and immediately hazardous planet where I'm struggling to read tutorials and learn controls fast enough to avoid near-immediate death.

Last edited:
Top Bottom