• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Poi - 3D platformer coming to PC/Wii U, Kickstarter live, PS4 stretch goal

Tizoc

Played a little of it and is this game really 80 MB?
Well it's Early Access but the overall gameplay ideas are solid IMO.

Played a little of it and is this game really 80 MB?
Well it's Early Access but the overall gameplay ideas are solid IMO.
I haven't played much of the game, but I can tell the art assets and world geometry don't take up much space because of the Mario 64 vibe they were going for. Even though it's higher res than the original Mario 64 they save a lot of space by repeating levels-differentiating it a bit by giving you new objectives for that level. Similar to how Mario 64 does it. This game has Medallions to collect instead of Stars/Shines.

Edit-Also it only has two main worlds, a main hub, and a mini hub for the time trial stages. That could explain the small file size too.

kadotsu

Banned
just what the world needed, another windwaker style platformer with collection mechanics.

Yeah, there are almost two of these games now. It's almost as tired of a genre as contemporary warfare now. Let don't make me go over aaaall of the 3D platformers releasing on Steam almost daily now. /twilightzone

It's a huge bummer that the kickstarter failed, but Steam Early Access is going to be a great opportunity for you guys to find the funding you need, so congrats on that!

I'm really happy you guys went through with this despite the KS turnout. This is the kind of game we don't get often these days.

So, no Wii U !? :(

Hopefully down the line (though depending on how far down, the NX might make more sense at some point). Even though I own multiple consoles, I backed this and Yooka-Laylee for Wii U. I can't imagine playing the new wave of 3D platformers on a console that's not Nintendo.

Steam is always a great place to launch on, and hopefully Early Access will be a good source of funding. Just grabbed myself a copy.

Only just heard of this!

Crazy ambitious and amazingly well done so far. I'd have backed it for Wii U on Kickstarter.

...best of luck with it!

Looks sweet.Backed.

I'm craving PS4 collectathons, but this game definitely needs all of the Kickstarter polish $$$ it can get.

It's definitely time for someone to make a Poi Now on Steam Early Access thread so there's no more confusion or downright lying in drive by posts saying they backed the project. Anyone up for it?

Edit-People should use the new thread as a talking point rather than this old Kickstarter thread to avoid confusion since the KS was DOA. Maybe this one should be locked too since it no longer serves the purpose of an ongoing KS?

Poi - 3D Platformer out now on Steam Early Access

Thanks to Lijik for starting a new thread.

Hmm looks decent and I'm all for more 3D platformers but the art direction is a little stale imo. Feels like an HD remastered wii game in a way. Might still check it out cause it clearly has a lot of work put into it.

Top Bottom