• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB 2: Electric Boogaloo (New X and Y info)

JoeM86

Scratch that, I missed a bit which my good friend gin kindly spotted

It confirms that it is in fact a new form of Mewtwo, with the poster explanation stating that Mewtwo has awakened and become its new shape.

zroid

Banned

It confirms that it is in fact a new form of Mewtwo, with the poster explanation stating that Mewtwo has awakened and become its new shape.

welp

here comes the next wave of outrage :p

Of course. What else could it be? This is the third time a legendary Pokemon has used a new form in a movie. Fourth if you count Giratina and Shaymin in the same movie as two separate occasions.

TreIII

Would have honestly preferred it to be a new Pokemon, but whatever!

I suppose the main thing is seeing how this will affect Mewtwo's possible viability in Smash. Maybe they can just get rid of his nigh-useless Disable and make "Forme Change" his new Down+B, a la Zelda/Shiek.

awakened or evolved? If awakened what could be the possibility of other old pokemon awakening?

backlot

awakened or evolved? If awakened what could be the possibility of other old pokemon awakening?

It's probably just the title of his new form. Mewtwo Awakened form like Giratina Origin form or Thundurus Therian form. I wouldn't expect this to be a new mechanic that will change a substantial amount of Pokemon.

zroid

Banned
Mewtwo's base stats

Code:
HP: 	 106 
Attack:	 110 
Defense:  90 
Sp.Atk:	 154
Sp.Def:	  90 
Speed: 	 130

Total: 	 680

Start placing your bets on Awakened forme's stats!

JoeM86

Mewtwo's base stats

Code:

My idea

Code:
Attack:	 120 
Defense:  60 
Sp.Atk:	 164
Sp.Def:	  60 
Speed: 	 170

It's probably just the title of his new form. Mewtwo Awakened form like Giratina Origin form or Thundurus Therian form. I wouldn't expect this to be a new mechanic that will change a substantial amount of Pokemon.
I mean X Y genetics influence.. Charizard awakening awaits me. :)
Mewtwo's base stats

Code:

Speed: 300

EdreyV

Neo Member
Original Suigimori art work was amazing, I wish i still had my game booklets from gen 1. Gotta say the shift in ar direction is most apparent in the trainer designs.

Charizard_red_stuff.jpg

SugimoriTrainers.png

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ahh form. I don't mind it and I will definitely love the salty tears.

Also it's gonna be speed-based huh? Still, Normal Arceus would wreck it.

Also it seems like
Genesect is befriended by Ash

Original Suigimori art work was amazing, I wish i still had my game booklets from gen 1. Gotta say the shift in ar direction is most apparent in the trainer designs.

Charizard_red_stuff.jpg

SugimoriTrainers.png
DAT Sugimori...

I enjoyed straighter lines used in Gen 2 than the rounder look in Gen 1.

iJXD2Nc.jpg

C6P68RJ.jpg
See what I mean? They looked less like children and more like deformed adults
or manchildren, as apt as it is :p
. And dem noses. And that Toriyama-ish look. I'm glad he finally developed into his own style.

DaBoss

So what are the chances that the Mewtwo that they are distributing will turn into Mewtwo Awakened Forme when transferred into X/Y?

My idea

Code:
Attack:	 120 
Defense:  60 
Sp.Atk:	 164
Sp.Def:	  60 
Speed: 	 170

This would be something like what I would've guessed.

Ghazi

I'm going to be pissed if I need MewTwo from B/W2 to get this pokemon in X or Y. I didn't get 2 because I hated the first one and X/Y look genuinely interesting, but this'll be lame...

I'm going to be pissed if I need MewTwo from B/W2 to get this pokemon in X or Y. I didn't get 2 because I hated the first one and X/Y look genuinely interesting, but this'll be lame...
You probably can use any Mewtwo, not one specifically from BW2. Hell, they will probably do a Mewtwo WiFi Distribution like they did for Genesect when BW2 came out.

Jofamo

If this doesn't confirm Love/Fairy/New Type for Sylveon, I don't know what else bar outright confirmation does. Because it sure as hell isn't Normal/Flying/Poison.

ByunLQ6.png

tnaden

If this doesn't confirm Love/Fairy/New Type for Sylveon, I don't know what else bar outright confirmation does. Because it sure as hell isn't Normal/Flying/Poison.

ByunLQ6.png

Where is that from? What video?
There's a "wing" in that egg. Could very well be flying.

zroid

Banned

ByunLQ6.png

At this point, seeing how far they've dragged the "secret type" charade, even I have to admit there's a good chance it's going to be a new type.

DaBoss

At this point, seeing how far they've dragged the "secret type" charade, even I have to admit there's a good chance it's going to be a new type.

They didn't reveal Zekrom's and Reshiram's typing. I remember it was someone from Smash that slipped up the typing for Zekrom.

Jofamo

Just because it's pink doesn't confirm it at all..

I'm not saying it's for definite Love or Fairy. That's why I left New Type there as well.

But so far, every single piece of evidence has in no way suggested it's one of the known types.

-They've went out of their way to not mention it's typing at all.
-It's name is Sylveon. Eevee evolution names are always explicit giveaways about their types.
-It's design does not explicitly match any of the known types. Every Eevee evolution design explicitly matches their type.
-Every colour/design motif/promotional material surrounding it has been explicitly pink, again, not matching any typing, not in line with Eevee tradition.

It's a new type.

What about the crest behind Umbreon screams dark type?

It's admittedly the only other one that's a little unusual, but it's still dark, menacing and pointy.

They didn't reveal Zekrom's and Reshiram's typing. I remember it was someone from Smash that slipped up the typing for Zekrom.

Some Legendaries really bare nothing about their types via their designs though. Palkia is Steel/Water? Meloetta is Fighting? Keldeo is Fight/Water?

JoeM86

I'm not saying it's for definite Love or Fairy. That's why I left New Type there as well.

But so far, every single piece of evidence has in no way suggested it's one of the known types.

-They've went out of their way to not mention it's typing at all.
-It's name is Sylveon. Eevee evolution names are always explicit giveaways about their types.
-It's design does not explicitly match any of the known types. Every Eevee evolution design explicitly matches their type.
-Every colour/design motif/promotional material surrounding it has been explicitly pink, again, not matching any typing, not in line with Eevee tradition.

It's a new type.

Burgh's Insect Badge
castelia_badge.png

Looks familiar to the bit below Sylveon.

It's impossible to tell based on this clip, it really is

Top Bottom