• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Wait, Mew is not commonly found in the same cave as Mewtwo.

Also, there are Ditto in Sinnoh, Johto and Hoenn (Unova too if you count the post-game), and they can't reproduce (that we know of). They wouldn't be leaving failed Mew clones all over the world, would they?

THEORY DESTROYED!
They migrated.

Also, this comic confirms that Mew lives in the same cave as Mewtwo

OMG Aero

tumblr_m2vnudoZnB1qa41k6o1_500.gif
what does this even mean

More hints for a new (Adult?) Keldeo Forme!

from All About Pokemon Figures...

Basically, for those not understanding it, there's a set that's advertised as "Keldeo and Meloetta" yet, within the set, there's no Keldeo but an "undecided" Pokemon.

So yeah, I'm guessing Keldeo grows up like the other Musketeer Pokemon.

I seem to remember Coro Coro hinted at something similar a few weeks ago.

I could get behind this. Make it utilise its big Special Attack more, and we're golden.

Kokonoe

Banned
This is getting way too sexual for me to endorse. I'm out of this GIF war!

Every poster has a choice
To listen to the voice inside
I know the gifs may be long
Lists may have come and gone
I will carry on!

Yeah this thread will last forever!
This thread will never die!
We will rise to meet the challenge every time
[PokéGAF Challenge]

Yeah this thread keeps us together
I know that you and I
Will post the best battles GAF's ever seen
Because we always will animate your screen

PokéGAF!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I was making GIFs when Wisey was still in forum diapers.

Seriously I made my first one like nine months before he joined lol.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The thought that Wisey-kun was reading all my posts years before I even saw him post is vaguely creepy.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I am thinking about getting Heart Gold or Soul Silver because I have recently gotten back into a Pokemon craze and I want the various Pokemon for my Black and White games (and soon to be Black and White 2) - with that said, should I go Heart Gold or Soul Silver?

If memory serves, I'm thinking GAF likes Soul Silver but I can't remember.

Shrennin

Depends on what pokemon you want really, Heart Gold has Primeape so keep that in mind.

Do both have the ghost Pokemon (I forgot their names because it's been so long) but they were among my favorite from the originals (along with Abra).

I am thinking about getting Heart Gold or Soul Silver because I have recently gotten back into a Pokemon craze and I want the various Pokemon for my Black and White games (and soon to be Black and White 2) - with that said, should I go Heart Gold or Soul Silver?

If memory serves, I'm thinking GAF likes Soul Silver but I can't remember.

Get SoulSilver because Ursaring and Skarmory.

Shrennin

I am still at a conundrum. :/

I may go Silver just because I prefer its legendary compared to Gold's. Primeape is pretty awesome though...

Shrennin

Well you still get Lugia in Gold, just later on and at level 70.

Welp, that's awesome.

if you can use your ds on wifi you can just have people trade you what you are missing.

I can and I would be up for that. I still got Silver but I may come back to PokeGAF looking for trades to help complete my Pokemon collection.

I'm getting a 3DS soon so I hope that I can use that for trading with DS Pokemon games. If not then I still have my DS.

Kokonoe

Banned
Welp, that's awesome.

I can and I would be up for that. I still got Silver but I may come back to PokeGAF looking for trades to help complete my Pokemon collection.

I'm getting a 3DS soon so I hope that I can use that for trading with DS Pokemon games. If not then I still have my DS.

You can use the 3DS for all
blurry
DS functions.

Please, tell us.

<PokeGAF breaks into a rap song>

Gravijah:

Korra sucks mother<bleep>, just fuel for GIF makin'
Animation blows, the story only keeps on swervin'.

Andrex:

Damn Gravijah, you got crazy taste.

Gravijah:

Yo, shut the <bleep> up and post my <bleep>.
Gravijah:

I criticize Korra just for kicks mother<bleep>er
Roll up on Nickelodeon and smack M. DiMartino

GAF:
Whatchu think, Gravijah?

Gravijah:
That Korra blows!

GAF:
Whatchu know, Gravijah?

Gravijah:
Scrafty's a bro!

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
huzzah! So I decided to start Black all over again with a new party breakdown.
(my last party was Serperior, Unfezant, Zebstrika, Seismitoad, Gothitelle and Chandelure)

Now I want to have a different party setup and I'm thinking of going..

Oshawott, Tynamo, Sandile, Deerling, Archen and Mienfoo

The only thing I see in this setup is no psychic/ghost and no fire. But I don't want to use Litwick since I used it last play through.
I choose deerling as my grass because I need a normal in the party for countering ghost. I'm unsure if I should choose Mienfoo over Scraggy. I know you get Scraggy much earlier and added bonus of being dark... And I am thinking of Joltick over Tynamo for the bug infusion.

Anyway any thoughts to help me out here? :3

(my last party was Serperior, Unfezant, Zebstrika, Seismitoad, Gothitelle and Chandelure)

The only thing I see in this setup is no psychic/ghost and no fire. But I don't want to use Litwick since I used it last play through.
I choose deerling as my grass because I need a normal in the party for countering ghost. I'm unsure if I should choose Mienfoo over Scraggy. I know you get Scraggy much earlier and added bonus of being dark... And I am thinking of Joltick over Tynamo for the bug infusion.

My opinion is more than a bit biased, but I think you should dump Minefoo for Scraggy for two reasons:

1) You get Mienfoo far too late in the game for it to evolve and be useful before the E4, plus it doesn't naturally learn many different types of moves

2) Scraggy has better abilities and type coverage plus it can sweep 3/4 of the E4 plus 2 Gym Leaders by itself. Also, its design is better, so there's that :p

Tynamo is a good pick if you can evolve it quickly. No weakness+great type coverage=awesome. Be sure to teach your Sawsbuck Jump Kick, Horn Leech, Double-Edge ans Swords Dance, as that's he only moveset with which it's really effective.

Also consider dropping Sandile (as amazing as its family may be) for Yamask should you choose to go with Scraggy. Your team is in need of a defensive type and is a bit oversatured with attacks, plus it would give you the Ghrost-type that you need.

Anyways, those are my two cents. Take 'em with a grain of salt if you'd please.

Wiseblade

My personal opinion is that you should drop Deerling and throw Darumaka in as a replacement. There's very little in the game that can stand up to a fire punch from Darmanitan and deerling isn't really doing anything for your team. As far as ghost types go, Sandile should have those covered. Joltik is also infinitely superior to Tynamo, not to mention cooler looking.

If you can get a Mienfoo with the Regenerator ability, then I'd definitely recommend it over Scraggy. Hi Jump Kick/Acrobatics/U Turn/Filler is a beautiful moveset. But really, that because I'm not a fan of using slow, defensive Pokémon in the main game. Empoleon is an exception because he hits a lot harder than most defensive Pokémon, and still tanks really well.

Darumaka. No team should be without it. Hits like a truck, particularly as a Darmanitan.

Shrennin

What are some good natures for Oshawott and is it better to have a male or female for breeding?

Top Bottom