• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

I'm thinking of making a sequel to the last big Pokemon music appreciation thread. With the B2/W2 Super Music Complete on track to release this July the 25th, I'm wondering about when to post the thread; either around launch week for the game itself in June, or on the day the album's released. Leaning towards the latter since there'll be time for us fans to play import copies and judge the music itself prior to the thread, but I'd like some feedback too.

I'm thinking of making a sequel to the last big Pokemon music appreciation thread. With the B2/W2 Super Music Complete on track to release this July the 25th, I'm wondering about when to post the thread; either around launch week for the game itself in June, or on the day the album's released. Leaning towards the latter since there'll be time for us fans to play import copies and judge the music itself prior to the thread, but I'd like some feedback too.

Late July sounds good to me. If I can find a good fan translation, I might import this summer, but I may not have the time nor the money :(

Either way, I'll give every single new track in the game a good listen and come July 25th I'll be all caught up and ready to judge.

I wonder if it might at all be possible for me to finish up my album reviews by late July. I'll be darned busy this summer, too, but finishing those reviews for you guys would help me too, by way of cleaning up the shoddy coverage on SEMO (and providing an example to those other hobby writers who don't know how to write and make interesting critique!). I could use those as my ratings, anyway.

Late July is probably going to be the best bet here, though, and nothing much will be happening around Summer-GAF time either.

Are these games anyone else most anticipated for the year? I'm getting serious G/S/C vibes here.

Unless The Last Guardian or Aliens: Colonial Marines are miraculously un-delayed, these are definitely the games I'm looking forward to the most. Although I'm not looking forward to 1000 more hours of my life being sucked into the black hole that is Pokémon. I... I have an addiction.

They're similar enough even with the distinction, lol. On a technical level, they're not the same, but they both feature continuity in setting, being more than third versions normally are these days. And the general feel that both titles give off—a more laid-back, sunny kind of Pokemon game—that's a noticeable bond they share.

They seem to be hyping it up quite a bit, I mean we never got an anime intro for the other games, right? I know some of the stuff they're adding like being able to fight all the past Champions is pretty cool. That and some of the designs of the characters are pretty sweet too.

MikeMyers

So I'm finally going to get around to playing Black & White!

I'm currently deciding what my team should be, is this any good?

Snivy/Servine/Serperior (Grass)
Darumaka/Darmanitan (Fire)
Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile (Dark/Ground)
Scraggy/Scrafty (Dark/Fighting)
Drilbur/Excadrill (Steel/Ground)
Frillish/Jellicant (Water/Ghost)

I was also considering Ferrothorn and Chandelure, but I heard its a bit of a chore to catch and train them in game.

One more question: Which Pokemon in B&W are the best HM Slaves?

I was also considering Ferrothorn and Chandelure, but I heard its a bit of a chore to catch and train them in game.

Ferroseed is really common and easy to train; I don't understand why people would say otherwise.

As for the HM slave, Simipour is probably your best bet, as it can learn 4 out of the 6 HMs in the game.

I would however like to mention that only one HM (Cut) is ever required to advance in the game, so you don't really need to keep a slave on you at all.

Kokonoe

Banned

I used Boldore for rock related ones. His ability is also pretty good too.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Also consider dropping Sandile (as amazing as its family may be) for Yamask should you choose to go with Scraggy. Your team is in need of a defensive type and is a bit oversatured with attacks, plus it would give you the Ghrost-type that you need.

Anyways, those are my two cents. Take 'em with a grain of salt if you'd please.

Interesting proposition! Thanks for your insight! I will definitely think that over. ( I do have a fondness for triple evos for story mode to keep me excited, hrrmmmm)

Wiseblade said:
My personal opinion is that you should drop Deerling and throw Darumaka in as a replacement. There's very little in the game that can stand up to a fire punch from Darmanitan and deerling isn't really doing anything for your team. As far as ghost types go, Sandile should have those covered. Joltik is also infinitely superior to Tynamo, not to mention cooler looking.

Oh wow I was checking out Darumaka as an option too! Will definitely do this then! Thanks!

Joltick does look cooler, I agree! xD

Thanks also Exterminieren I will be putting Darumaka in my team for sure :D

Thanks again :D

Also adding my new favourite DnB pokemans remix :3 http://soundcloud.com/sobeksobek/battle-pokemon-dnb-remix

Delio

So much sadness in this Nuzlocke update >.<

So I walk in confidently into Elesa gym. Heart and Emilie wrecking her gym before coming to the gym leader herself. She seems rather calm which unnerves me but I still myself as she tosses out her first pokemon, a flying squrriel named Emolga.

Emilie vs Emolga - Right away I got to my new powerhouse who finishers the flying pokemon in two bites. Feeling confident I switch to Heart as she brings in another Emolga.

Heart vs Emolga 2 - This one looks even tougher than the one before so Heart begins with a confuse ray and hits it with a well aimed Super fang. The pokemon is very hardy though and slams Heart with a Volt switch. I watch in terror as her main pokemon comes onto the field instantly volt switching back to Emolga. Thinking quickly I recall Heart just as she volt switches back to Zebrastrika.

Emilie vs Zebrastrika - The match I planned for. Emilie digs into the ground and with one wel aim hit takes down the pesky Zebra. I'm all smiles now as the previous Emolga comes out...that is when it all goes bad.

Emilie is taking out by a very powerful Crit from the Emolga. My heart sinks after my new powerhouse lays on the floor dead. Heart jumps out in defense of the newest team member but one Votl switch and she to lays on the ground.

Justice takes no chances as I'm horror struck. He jumps out delivering a solid Karate Chop to end the match. I take my badge and leave with my two dead pokemon. The team is in mourning more so Ace who lost his best friend Heart to that battle.

I quickly find a new pokemon rustling in the grass, a Gothrita and name her Lisa as I set my eyes to the next gym and vow to lose no one else.

Team so far.

499.gif

Ace LV 25 Pignite.

Leader of the team and my starter pokemon. Now that it has evolved and has a rival in the team It works hard to be the strongest fighting pokemon around. Is the first to jump into battle pulling the rest to come along with it. With the Death of Heart and Emilie he pushes himself in his training. Looking to his evolution in the future.

520.gif

Airrazor LV 27 Tranquil

She joined the team shortly after the first gym and quickly caught up to the rest of the team. Using her powerful flying attacks she soloed N herself. She later proved herself by securing my third gym badge in excellent fashion. Now that she has evolved she looks to become a even bigger threat.

539.gif

Justice Lv 26 Sawk

Justice is Ace's main rival. Both constantly training together to improve their skills. Kind of a jokester he is constantly pulling pranks on the team. Although with the Death of Heart he now focuses on training with Ace. Both wanting to avenge her and Emilie's deaths.

So yes I lost my freaking Adamant Sandile to a Aerial Ace crit. All my luck ><

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Nimbasa city is incredible. It's so fun and music rules. The sports stadium, Anville city, the rollercoastees. So awesome. My dsi xl finally came and it is straight up luxurious I wish it was even bigger. The hour or so of pokemon I play every night is about the only gaming I'm doing right now.

I also got the aaa pokedex iOS app it's beautiful. Very very cool, the livechat feature is nice too.

Gravijah

Nimbasa city is incredible. It's so fun and music rules. The sports stadium, Anville city, the rollercoastees. So awesome. My dsi xl finally came and it is straight up luxurious I wish it was even bigger. The hour or so of pokemon I play every night is about the only gaming I'm doing right now.

after using my xl to play a bunch of pokemon, trying to play on a dsl is impossible. everything feels so small.

Esura

Banned
Black > White

Also, I preorder Pokemon Conquest in order to get change to wash clothes (I live near a Gamestop). Wouldn't of preordered because it wasn't going to be rare but, I needed clean clothes man.

Black < White

Also, I preorder Pokemon Conquest in order to get change to wash clothes (I live near a Gamestop). Wouldn't of preordered because it wasn't going to be rare but, I needed clean clothes man.

Fixed.

And are they giving away a shirt as a pre-order bonus? I though they were just handing out those codes for special Pokémon.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
P-p-p-p-preorder Pokemon...?

&#65288;&#9583;°&#9633;°&#65289;&#9583;&#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

Tell me it's not preorder only...

Top Bottom