• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go is live on the Google Play Store

Kyzer

Banned
Love this game. Went on a morning run with my girlfriend and have had it running all day when I can. Used incense three times so far. Once a day if your team owns a gym you can claim 10 pokecoins. Theres one right in the middle of my apartment complex at this chill spot (Zen Garden), and another down at Giant. Gonna take over Giant later with my Pidgeot. Team Mystic on the rise fuck everyone else you will bend your knee

They should really copy the general concept of rewarding you for extraneous duplicate captures in the main games, its pretty satisfying. Transfer them to the professor for research, get a rare candy, idk.

My area is filled with Pidgeys lol. Powered up a Pidgeotto as much as I could afford before evolving.
My haul so far (+ jigglypuff got cut off):

Screenshot_20160706-112342.png

Priorities:

1- Background running. They should have this up by the time Pokemon Go Plus releases I presume.

2- Music keeps going out when I do something else and return to the game.

3- They should show Pokedex info after you catch the Pokemon. This whole game revolves around catching them, might as well maximize the sense of reward.

4- I hope they don't ban me, or anyone else for that matter. Its a free game anyways and Ive already spent money, and other people will surely be super fans of Pokemon anyways who at the very least will be that much closer to needing to buy more Poke balls.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Yeah main thing bugging me about this game right now is the need to have it open at all times when you want to catch stuff...

Matbtz

Has there been any indication that the app doesn't have to be open and running in your pocket for that to function?

The description on amazon :

The Pokemon GO Plus accessory can be used with any compatible smart phone that has the Pokemon GO application installed. After the Pokemon GO Plus is paired via Bluetooth LE and a brief setup process is completed, players can encounter and catch Pokemon like never before. When the smart phone with Pokemon GO and the paired Pokemon GO Plus accessory are within range of each other, both will begin to vibrate when a Pokemon is close by. With the convenience of not having to look at your smart phone, simply press the button on the Pokemon GO Plus to attempt to catch a Pokemon while you are out and about.

So I guess pokemon go have to be in background but I don't understand why you cannot do the same thing now and have the smartphone vibrate when a pokemon is nearby.

Edit : I thought one of the advantages of the pokemon go plus was to give it to kids without smartphones to go to school or else. So the utility is pretty pointless IMO.

Listonosh

With all these questions about the game and gameplay, it's odd that there isn't some sort of tutorial that takes you through everything. That's like the mobile game standard these days

TrutaS

The shady places I am willing to go to get an Eevee scare me.... Still not in UK store though unfortunately.

zroid

Banned
This isn't out officially in Canada right? If I install it from the apk or whatever, will it still download updates normally when it's on the Google Play Store?

Was hoping this would go live for iOS in the US East Coast at noon, but it seems it's not to be. Hopefully it'll be available before I leave work... got a few stops on the way home!

Samaritan

Sweet Jesus! Just caught this monster in my backyard; going to plop'em down at the gym down the street. Give me your best shot, Southwestern Idaho!

xvPaEd8.jpg

The shady places I am willing to go to get an Eevee scare me.... Still not in UK store though unfortunately.

I saw eevee and their evolutions at gyms, but no wild ones yet

I have a gym 50 metres away, looks like someone beat the old leader in the last 3 hours

Twitter is saying it's on iOS UK now. Come on NA! (EDIT: Now I see others saying no on UK, though... hmm)

Can anyone tell me what the file size is on iOS, by the way?

centracore

Have been playing since last night and I'm loving this game so far.. I went on a 6.8km walk, I can't remember the last time I've walked that much. My neighbourhood seems to filled with grass type Pokemon, where I work downtown is filled with rock and electric type Pokemon (think dungeon/tunnel from Blue/Red). Just caught this on my way back from coffee break:

xXNFVks.png

Kaname

Meanwhile in my home in the remote countryside of Italy there are only Zubat.
Fucking figures ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kyzer

Banned
Have been playing since last night and I'm loving this game so far.. I went on a 6.8km walk, I can't remember the last time I've walked that much. My neighbourhood seems to filled with grass type Pokemon, where I work downtown is filled with rock and electric type Pokemon (think dungeon/tunnel from Blue/Red). Just caught this on my way back from coffee break:

http://i.imgur.com/xXNFVks.png[/im][/QUOTE]

Golem looks good!

KingBroly

Banned
I feel like if I could play this while also looking at Google Maps it'd be very useful. But as is, I can't see myself giving it more than a passing glance.

Keeps crashing on my iPhone 4 (I know right...) which is unfortunate. Still, liking what I've been able to try lately, hopefully I can get a new phone someday.

diaspora

I'm still salty that Gamefreak hasn't made a Pokemon Box management app, pls. Do they even have an official pokedex app yet?

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I'm a God damn American still high off the 4th. What do you mean "this item isn't available in your country"?!

Top Bottom