• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go is live on the Google Play Store

Just hilarious how it's not out officially in the USA x Canada x other places
We see when other countries get games/apps/etc Nintendo , the entire world is connected , we see all

Was probably going to spend like a few bucks on the app but now, nah

kubus

Yo, you should all go to the Shop and then tap the shield icon in the top right. I accidentally skipped the message but it said something like "Caught 10 Pokemon, Trainer Level 2" and it rewarded me 20 PokeCoins, the "real money" currency and some Stardust iirc. It then switched to a timer counting down from 22 hours. Looks like you can get free goodies everyday this way and what you get depends on how far you are in the game? Try it out!

Ragnaroz

Bamboo 竹;209302419 said:
Most of the rumours on the web say this problem is because of Niantic is blocking the GPS service of the countries which doesn't have this game officially released yet.

Kinda sucks if true.
My country(Serbia) doesn't have the game released and I have a bunch of Pokespots and Gyms around me so I doubt that's the case. Benefits of living in the capital, I guess.

Beast

H5Xdxqa.png

Ragnaroz

Yo, you should all go to the Shop and then tap the shield icon in the top right. I accidentally skipped the message but it said something like "Caught 10 Pokemon, Trainer Level 2" and it rewarded me 20 PokeCoins, the "real money" currency and some Stardust iirc. It then switched to a timer counting down from 22 hours. Looks like you can get free goodies everyday this way and what you get depends on how far you are in the game? Try it out!
That shield is the defender bonus. You need to have a Pokemon assigned to a gym to collect it.

Cherubae

That's your defender bonus for having a Pokemon defending a gym. You'll get those once a day. The more gyms you are in, the greater your defender bonus is.

Kssio_Aug

Ah... awesome. I didn't change my appearance and made a random name just to try.

It can't be redone. I can't even delete my acc and make a new one. Wow...

Currently got the following.

Charmander
Ratatta
Raticate
Pidgey
Spearow
Drowzee
Caterpie
Zubat
Krabby

Got a bunch of drowzee though. Kept running into them

My country(Serbia) doesn't have the game released and I have a bunch of Pokespots and Gyms around me so I doubt that's the case. Benefits of living in the capital, I guess.

I live in the capital of my country too (Chile). Yesterday at night was full of Pokémon, Pokespots and Gyms, but now everything is gone. Not just for me, for everyone here.

Maybe Niantic is blocking the GPS country by country.

MattyG

Banned
This is neat. It'll be cool to pull out when I'm bored and waiting on someone in a store or something. I really love that it keeps track of where you caught them. How do you set a Pokemon to your gym?

There's nothing near me right now though...

Sioul

Ah... awesome. I didn't change my appearance and made a random name just to try.

It can't be redone. I can't even delete my acc and make a new one. Wow...

If you used your google account you can logout and enter using a new trainer club account

We see when other countries get games/apps/etc Nintendo , the entire world is connected , we see all

It's just hilarious too to see people who blame Nintendo since they just developed the Pokemon GO Plus Gadget and not the game.

Kaname

For those of you on Android, did you login with the Google account or with the Pokemon Trainer one? Because with the second I can't manage to validate my account through the link sent by mail. Kinda confused if there's any difference between the two methods at all.

zulux21

if you turn off the AR stuff, how do you turn it back on?

last night I was testing this out and since it was dark the AR wasn't working, so I turned it off, but now I have no clue how to get it back :p

MattyG

Banned
Wait, do you actually have to walk right up to grass rustling? Oh god. I'm definitely gonna end up looking stupid playing this.

Kinsei

Banned
A police station had to put out a statement about Pokemon Go. This is pretty funny.

Cmro3GoUsAA6x3-.jpg:large

C'mon and release here already.

c1rcae

Wait, do you actually have to walk right up to grass rustling? Oh god. I'm definitely gonna end up looking stupid playing this.

Haha yes and no? I'm just sitting at my desk at work and they pop up every once in a while on their own as well.

oti

Banned

Because others play the game before you can?

Welcome to the rest of the world.

Pretty sure they're just testing the server load doing it this way. There's no vindictive forces in play. If they were to release it worldwide all at once, it could break everything potentially.

Kimaka

For those of you on Android, did you login with the Google account or with the Pokemon Trainer one? Because with the second I can't manage to validate my account through the link sent by mail. Kinda confused if there's any difference between the two methods at all.

I had that issue too. Try waiting a bit. The linked started to work for me after around thirty minutes.

Top Bottom