• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT| As in "Go Outside"

I've heard of some people only finding Zubats and/or Rattatas around their area. Other people, about like 4-5 different types. It seems like my area is more generous than most from the reading around I've been doing.

I'm hoping that as new generations get added this sort of thing will be fixed just due to where each Pokemon would naturally be. Hopefully they'll also get more specific, so certain Pokemon may only show up in large urban areas versus small ones, for example, to even it out.

BTW, has anyone found Jynx or the Safari Zone Pokemon? I'm curious what kind of place they'd be set for. I saw someone got Magmar and someone else saw Dratini. I haven't seen anyone find Jigglypuff or Clefairy yet either.

ionitron

Sure wish I was able to play this but the servers haven't worked for me for several hours. Barely make it past the log in screen :(

Arrrammis

Man, this is frustrating. Finally got an Eevee to appear, and it's CP 170! Let the circle get as small as possible, hit it with a pokeball and... game freezes. Eevee goes in to the ball, and falls to the ground. No shaking, no blinking light. I don't want to close the app and lose this one, but I have a feeling that I'll have to :(

Servers appear to be back up, but for how long?

I don't want to be a mile away from my house and the servers go back offline. Waste of a mile walk. lol

Hachitora

Is it just my phone being bad, or does the game run kinda slow / lag when it's on? It runs fine a lot of the time but there are times when it just runs real slow.

Also, was planning on skateboarding around to hatch my eggs. Was gonna test to see if that's too fast for eggs

WarAdept

GET ON MY LEVEL

I'M OUT FOR BLOOD DURING MY LUNCH BREAK

FNP8eFC.png

Listonosh

So if a gym has been taken over by a red player and I'm also on red, does that mean I can't take over that gym? I understand helping the gym by depositing my Pokemon but it kind of sucks that there is no way to be recognized in that gym except for that first player. Unless I'm missing something?

So if a gym has been taken over by a red player and I'm also on red, does that mean I can't take over that gym? I understand helping the gym by depositing my Pokemon but it kind of sucks that there is no way to be recognized in that gym except for that first player. Unless I'm missing something?

People fight against you still.. You can swipe right to see all the trainers in a gym

Speaking of gym battles can someone explain how to use my specials?? All i do is swipe left or right and tap to attak

Veggy

BTW, has anyone found Jynx or the Safari Zone Pokemon? I'm curious what kind of place they'd be set for. I saw someone got Magmar and someone else saw Dratini. I haven't seen anyone find Jigglypuff or Clefairy yet either.

I got both Jynx and Clefairy, Jynx was near a bunch of fast food joints near my house and Clefairy was in my city centre near a church

I'm hoping that as new generations get added this sort of thing will be fixed just due to where each Pokemon would naturally be. Hopefully they'll also get more specific, so certain Pokemon may only show up in large urban areas versus small ones, for example, to even it out.

Clefairy is probably the most popular Pokemon in my city outside of Drowzee, there are tons. I've also been able to find Exeggcute from the same spot as Clefairy and Taurus a feel blocks over, which I think is Safari only. I've found Krabbys and Shellder too so I don't think any are geography specific.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Checked again at the end of my ride and still had the loading ball going. Shame. I had a funny thought, that if the servers were up, I'd grab the pokespots and then do another lap to be able to grab them again (and see about putting some distance on an egg). Even though my ride was over. I got home and things seem more stable. Might take a walk back over there later on when it's cooler so that I can at least grab them once today. There was also a Paras somewhere in the area...

This could really be something if they get the servers sorted.
So has anyone confirmed how Pokemon are determined? Like, a lot of what people are finding makes sense based on their surroundings, but, for instance:
Don't know much yet, but I can tell you the canal near my apartment is unequivocally, non-coincidentally a great source of Magikarp. Shame I can't make a living as a poke-fisherman, but it's cool, I need them anyway ;)
Speaking of gym battles can someone explain how to use my specials?? All i do is swipe left or right and tap to attak
Once you charge it up (think super meter), you hold down to use the special attack. You can see what special you have, how much charge it takes, and its attack type (could be different than the poke type) on the info page for that pokemon. Not all of the same pokemon come with the same attack and they seem to automatically change in some fashion as you level them.

I found an Exeggcute driving by a gas station around 5:45 AM this morning. There were a couple other Pokemon right near it, too. I don't recall there being a PokeSpot there, but there might have been. I thought maybe someone used a Lure.

Koppai

I can't login to my Pokemon.com account but can login just fine with a Google account. I ain't starting over I was level 6 this morning

I can't login to my Pokemon.com account but can login just fine with a Google account. I ain't starting over I was level 6 this morning
I don't understand why it doesn't just work like almost every other game where you sign in with a Google account and just connect other accounts.

If there end up being benefits to using the Pokemon.com account, I don't want to have to start over just because I chose the one that was actually functional at launch.

Cerity

Pokespot cooldown is pretty weird IMO. A park near me has two pokespots maybe 300m apart, I can walk to one, get all the goodies, walk to the other and get everything from there, the original will be good to use again lol.

I don't understand why it doesn't just work like almost every other game where you sign in with a Google account and just connect other accounts.

If there end up being benefits to using the Pokemon.com account, I don't want to have to start over just because I chose the one that was actually functional at launch.

Wait, they're not connected?

So if you pick one or the other, you have to commit to that type of login?

Wait, they're not connected?

So if you pick one or the other, you have to commit to that type of login?
I was assuming that's what he meant. I'm not entirely sure how it works myself, as I never tried using a Pokemon.com account because I wasn't aware that there would potentially be exclusives.

Pokespot cooldown is pretty weird IMO. A park near me has two pokespots maybe 300m apart, I can walk to one, get all the goodies, walk to the other and get everything from there, the original will be good to use again lol.

Someone said the required time for cooldown is 5 minutes.

jwk94

Man, this is frustrating. Finally got an Eevee to appear, and it's CP 170! Let the circle get as small as possible, hit it with a pokeball and... game freezes. Eevee goes in to the ball, and falls to the ground. No shaking, no blinking light. I don't want to close the app and lose this one, but I have a feeling that I'll have to :(
Close the app. Same thing happened to me earlier today and when I opened it back, I had the Pokémon.

I'm pretty sure you could technically log into anyone's account, as long as you have the username/email password.

Therefore none of the accounts are connected.

So just to clarify, the app asks you to log in either with Pokemon Trainer Club or Google.

Let's say you pick Google.

If you sign in with PTC later, this is seen as an entirely new account and would be starting over...?

Top Bottom