• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Volcanion still hasn't had a non-Japnese release yet , correct ? Think that's the only thing I'm definitely missing

(That and AZs Eternal Floette but I believe that was never distributed and now seesms highly unlikely to be. Unless it's some kind of final event for this Gen).

Sandfox

Volcanion still hasn't had a non-Japnese release yet , correct ? Think that's the only thing I'm definitely missing

(That and AZs Eternal Floette but I believe that was never distributed and now seesms highly unlikely to be. Unless it's some kind of final event for this Gen).

Volcanion isn't releasing out west until October.

takriel

The story in the Gen 6 games has been truly awful. Replaying Black 2 now and I have to say, Gen 5 definitely has the strongest story out of all the games. It plays faster, too, which makes it better gameplay wise imo. Gen 6 have been one step forward two steps back. What do you guys think?

The story in the Gen 6 games has been truly awful. Replaying Black 2 now and I have to say, Gen 5 definitely has the strongest story out of all the games. It plays faster, too, which makes it better gameplay wise imo. Gen 6 have been one step forward two steps back. What do you guys think?

ORAS is really Gen III storywise. So I'll exempt it.

X/Y is weird, with Luminouse as such a central city they could have easily done a very non-linear thing for the Gyms at least, but the game was actually super linear (pretty much a straight line like ORAS). And the way the Team plots worked they could have been as well. I was a little disappointed there.

I also wish they'd stop shoving forced capture legendaries into the game before an IV checker was available. If they don't want Legendary-okay things to be flooded with hacked pokemon they shouldn't make getting competitive legendaries such a gigantic PITA. Though at least Hyper Training seems to fix that. Though I'm wondering how much. I'd really like more details of that system.

Hikami

Up to 7 gym badges now. Battled Archie a second time. That mega sharpedo was the first thing to actually give me trouble in this game. Wish more NPCs had megas.

Now trying to catch Kyogre with a Premier ball cus why not.

Ahnez

Up to 7 gym badges now. Battled Archie a second time. That mega sharpedo was the first thing to actually give me trouble in this game. Wish more NPCs had megas.

Now trying to catch Kyogre with a Premier ball cus why not.
.. Did it work? lol

I remember Kyogre being a pain to capture

Hikami

.. Did it work? lol

I remember Kyogre being a pain to capture
Yep

EsbFa7l.jpg

I used Breloom with Stun Spore to paralyze it. Knocked down its hp a bit to the yellow. Then switched to Shedinja. Kyogre can't hurt it since it has Wonder Guard and none of its moves are super effective. Shedinja learns heal block at lv41 so that stops it from healing with aqua ring. Then just false swipe to get it to 1hp and done, throw balls at it and hope it gets caught. Took me like 30 something premier balls.

Hikami

Just finished the Delta Episode. That was better than most of the main game. Shame it was kinda short.

Gonna try and finish up my Pokedex here then go replay Pokemon X. (My save got corrupted for that game :I)
Edit: on second thought, i'll catch em all in Sun and Moon if possible. Don't wanna burn out on Pokemon before it's even out.

Thanks to a kind individual I have two spare NA Darkrai codes that I'm giving away for free. First two people to reply to this comment can have them.

Muku

I've also got two spare Darkrai codes available for free. For US copy of the games. (If you've already used the GameStop code, this one won't work.). First two to quote or PM me get them. So might not respond for a bit if response is quick.

I've also got two spare Darkrai codes available for free. For US copy of the games. (If you've already used the GameStop code, this one won't work.)

About to head out to see if I can finally grab my Arceus codes. First two to quote or PM me get them. So might not respond for a bit if response is quick.
I can't get no Arceus code here so...

Muku

I can't get no Arceus code here so...

Sorry, meant for the quoting to be in regards to Darkrai codes. GameStop here is too stingy to get more than the few I need for others already. :/ Was in a rush on way out of house this morning so my apologies.

Edit: Arceus, you are going to burn in hell for this long string of repeated Quiet natures.... I swear..

Holy mother of Arceus! Modest one finally popped out.... 31 / 31 / 26 / 31 / 31 / 31. Keeping.

Akai__

Does anyone want to help me out?

I need the following:

Blitzle
Sewaddle
Klink
Minccino
Darumaka

Not sure what to give in return, so either PM me or reply to this if you have these and need specific Pokemon in return.

I spend the morning trading on the GTS, but didn't have much luck as it's ridiculous what people want for simple and not very special Pokemon. It's basically Genesect's for anything. Also, what do people gain from wanting a 3rd Evolution Pokemon at Level 1-10? Saw many of those, like Level 1-10 Metagross, Aggron, Dusclops, etc. etc. Feel like that shouldn't be allowed.

I need the following:

Blitzle
Sewaddle
Klink
Minccino
Darumaka

Not sure what to give in return, so either PM me or reply to this if you have these and need specific Pokemon in return.

I spend the morning trading on the GTS, but didn't have much luck as it's ridiculous what people want for simple and not very special Pokemon. It's basically Genesect's for anything. Also, what do people gain from wanting a 3rd Evolution Pokemon at Level 1-10? Saw many of those, like Level 1-10 Metagross, Aggron, Dusclops, etc. etc. Feel like that shouldn't be allowed.

Impossible level request pokemon are there either to show off the pokemon offered or to use the GTS as temporary storage.

I should be able to get you the Pokemon you want , but it'll take me a while to breed that many pokemon. It'd take me a while to work out what I'd want to trade for them too (I still need to get a few dribs and drabs of non-legendary/mythical pokemon who don't have HAs, so it'll be something of that sort, so nothing super rare or anything, though I'd take a competitive Imitator Ditto too). If you're willing to wait until Sunday or so I should be able to put together a list.

Akai__

Impossible level request pokemon are there either to show off the pokemon offered or to use the GTS as temporary storage.

I should be able to get you the Pokemon you want , but it'll take me a while to breed that many pokemon. It'd take me a while to work out what I'd want to trade for them too (I still need to get a few dribs and drabs of non-legendary/mythical pokemon who don't have HAs, so it'll be something of that sort, so nothing super rare or anything, though I'd take a competitive Imitator Ditto too). If you're willing to wait until Sunday or so I should be able to put together a list.

Are people running out of Boxes in the Pokemon Center? I thought you get more and more every time you are close to filling it up? Makes sense though.

2nd part sounds good to me, although I have no clue what "HAs" are/is or what an Imitator Ditto is. I just play through these games and collect as many Pokemon I can. :/

2nd part sounds good to me, although I have no clue what "HAs" are/is or what an Imitator Ditto is. I just play through these games and collect as many Pokemon I can. :/

"HAs" is just short for Hidden Abilities which you may have heard of. Hidden Abilities were introduced in Gen 5 and are basically an Ability a Pokémon can have that they may not have normally. For example, all starters have the Abilities Overgrow, Blaze, and Torrent which is dependent on their type, but their Hidden Abilities are different. Ditto's Hidden Ability is Imitator, which allows it to use Transform instantly when entering the field so you don't have to use a turn to do so. Not every Pokémon has a HA, like some Legendaries, but HAs can be a real opportunity for ones like Ditto.

Are people running out of Boxes in the Pokemon Center? I thought you get more and more every time you are close to filling it up? Makes sense though.

HA's are Hidden Abilities (which are abilities that pokemon caught normally can't have, they can only be gotten by DexNav chaining in ORAS or Friend Safari in X/Y (or by special grottoes / the Dream World / Dream Rader in Black 2/ White 2). Imposter Ditto is Ditto with it's HA (it's reasonably tricky to get Pentagon Imposter Ditto with competitive stats because you can't breed Dittoes and HA Ditto are only from Friend Safari / DexNav chaining in ORAS which means getting the right IVs for competitive Ditto is hard.

It doesn't really matter if you don't know what I'm talking about though, the pokemon I'd be looking for don't have HAs at all, so there's no confusion.

And if you don't have an Imposter Ditto, I'm not going to make you spend the hours it would take to get a competitive one with a HA for me (that was just a side though)

Akai__

"HAs" is just short for Hidden Abilities which you may have heard of. Hidden Abilities were introduced in Gen 5 and are basically an Ability a Pokémon can have that they may not have normally. For example, all starters have the Abilities Overgrow, Blaze, and Torrent which is dependent on their type, but their Hidden Abilities are different. Ditto's Hidden Ability is Imitator, which allows it to use Transform instantly when entering the field so you don't have to use a turn to do so. Not every Pokémon has a HA, like some Legendaries, but HAs can be a real opportunity for ones like Ditto.

HA's are Hidden Abilities (which are abilities that pokemon caught normally can't have, they can only be gotten by DexNav chaining in ORAS or Friend Safari in X/Y (or by special grottoes / the Dream World / Dream Rader in Black 2/ White 2). Imposter Ditto is Ditto with it's HA (it's reasonably tricky to get Pentagon Imposter Ditto with competitive stats because you can't breed Dittoes and HA Ditto are only from Friend Safari / DexNav chaining in ORAS which means getting the right IVs for competitive Ditto is hard.

It doesn't really matter if you don't know what I'm talking about though, the pokemon I'd be looking for don't have HAs at all, so there's no confusion.

And if you don't have an Imposter Ditto, I'm not going to make you spend the hours it would take to get a competitive one with a HA for me (that was just a side though)

I see. Thanks for explaining. :)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

I need the following:

Blitzle
Sewaddle
Klink
Minccino
Darumaka

I can send you an egg of each, if you don't mind waiting until tomorrow at least (have classes tonight). Don't need anything in return, so feel free to help Elaugaufein with their request instead. Let me know if you want me to start breeding them.

I think there are like 30 or 32 boxes, tops.

Muku

According to my profile I have 1 Play point, but no Mewtwo email.

My second account didn't get it either. ;_; Had to let GAFer know I couldn't get them it because they just never sent me an email. Now I think about it I haven't even gotten this months Pokemon newsletter on it. Even though I've had newletters checked the whole time. And every time I log in it's still checked.

I'm really kind of peeved to know others haven't gotten it either. If it was just me, fine. But this isn't cool. You have had the checkbox next to newsletters checked, right? Because that had to be to receive it from what i recall.

Akai__

I can send you an egg of each, if you don't mind waiting until tomorrow at least (have classes tonight). Don't need anything in return, so feel free to help Elaugaufein with their request instead. Let me know if you want me to start breeding them.

I think there are like 30 or 32 boxes, tops.

I don't really mind who gives me the Pokemon and I can also wait until Sunday or even longer if it's needed. Appreciate the offer.

Akai__

I don't mind if you get them from RionnaM , my requests would just be me being lazy rather than stuff I can't get myself.

Up to you guys. I'm fine with whatever.

I'll probably have more requests down the line. I took a very long break, but am now working on completing the Pokedex again. I'll gladly help anyone out
(especially if they help me out, too)
and if you want to be lazy, that's also fine with me. haha :D

Edit: I caught an Impostor Ditto, while searching for an other Pokemon in the Friend Safari.

Moelman

Neo Member
Hey PokeGaf, new user here but been lurking in these threads for a while.

I have 3 extra Arceus codes from Gamestop I can trade. I missed the events earlier in the year, so I'm looking for Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, or the Play! Shiny Mewtwo, if anyone has extras.

I don't mind giving you the code first since I'm new.

I can get more codes too if there is interest. Live in a big city so there are a lot of Gamestops.

Muku

I have 3 extra Arceus codes from Gamestop I can trade. I missed the events earlier in the year, so I'm looking for Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, or the Play! Shiny Mewtwo, if anyone has extras.

I can get more codes too if there is interest. Live in a big city so there are a lot of Gamestops.

Aww. Would totally help but I've given all the extra Celebi, Jirachi, and Manaphy I had I take it those are the only three to catch up on the events this year that you need?

Akai__

I have a spare Level 12 Celebi, but those are probably US codes, right?

Moelman

Neo Member
Aww. Would totally help but I've given all the extra Celebi, Jirachi, and Manaphy I had I take it those are the only three to catch up on the events this year that you need?
For the most part, I also missed Mew, but I also have a Japanese 3DS and have Mew from buying Blue and Yellow on virtual console. If I am able to get more codes I wouldn't mind giving some out so I can keep you in mind for that.

I have a spare Level 12 Celebi, but those are probably US codes, right?
Yeah they are US.

I'm planning to hit at least 1 Gamestop today so we'll see how many they will give me. One friend in another state was offered 4 codes without even asking but the most I've gotten here was 2 in one store.

Muku

Still have two NA Darkrai coxes. They expire at the end of the month. If you want one, just leave a note or send me a PM.

Up to you guys. I'm fine with whatever.

I'll probably have more requests down the line. I took a very long break, but am now working on completing the Pokedex again. I'll gladly help anyone out
(especially if they help me out, too)
and if you want to be lazy, that's also fine with me. haha :D

Edit: I caught an Impostor Ditto, while searching for an other Pokemon in the Friend Safari.

I apologise I caught some stupid viral flu thingy, and so I haven't gotten anything did.

Zero_IYAD

I accidentally ended up with 2 NA codes. If you still need one, I can send you one later (it's almost midnight where I am).

In exchange, could somebody hook me up with 1 or 2 unwanted PAL codes? ^^
Thank you.
Please PM me one if possible.
I'm sorry since I don't have any PAL codes : (
Still have two NA Darkrai coxes. They expire at the end of the month. If you want one, just leave a note or send me a PM.
I'm thankful to you, you sent me one for my Pokemon Alpha Sapphire before.
But if no one else wants them, I'll gladly take another for my Pokemon Y : )

Akai__

I apologise I caught some stupid viral flu thingy, and so I haven't gotten anything did.

I have time, don't worry. Wish you a good recovery.

Spent my time getting over 100 Pokemon already. Was somewhere in the higher 400's and now at 597. I think the most time consuming thing was sorting the Pokemon by their number and hatching certain eggs. I have 3 boxes full of Pokemon that I can Wonder Trade now or which I still need to hatch eggs from.

Also, I didn't know that you could farm on the PokeMileage Club on mobile. I did this the whole time on my free time at work the last coupple days. Popping Baloons for days.

Muku

Just one NA Darkrai code left. :)

Zero, if no one claims in a few days, I'll send it your way. Just don't want to get too close to expiration on these. :)

Top Bottom