• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Muku

This Victini is going to be the death of me. Crap natures left and right. I can't even get one to come up with a decent one.

lupinko

Alright. :) Just glad I didn't trade beforehand. I knew there was a reason and I wasn't going to trade it until I figured it out, haha. Munch Poke, contact me when you get a chance. Thanks to Aveyn, it's all yours now. :)

On a side note, congrats!! They would be sneaky like that! Haha.

Lupinko, was Outbreakchu this year worth it? Or was it like one Pikachu again? For some reason that came up in my mind while typing about this and thinking it should have happened already.
There was no Pikachu giveaway this year.

But I did go and I enjoyed for the day all the Pikachu hijinx in Yokohama. I'll upload photos and videos later.

Pikachu events so far were the Pokemon with You 3/11 Pikachu and the Pikachu from the Japanese PC Online Shop opening.

Edit: I also saw the Volcanion and Magearna movie.

It's better than Diancie but not as good as Hoopa.

Volcanion isn't very big and the movie gets pretty grim dark surprisingly.

Also Ash, Jessie and James should have died many times in that movie.

There was no Pikachu short film which I found out.

I got my Magearna QR thingy, when I watch it again, I'll get my second, so I'll have Magearna at Sun and Moon launch.

Muku

There was no Pikachu giveaway this year.

But I did go and I enjoyed for the day all the Pikachu hijinx in Yokohama. I'll upload photos and videos later.

Pikachu events so far were the Pokemon with You 3/11 Pikachu and the Pikachu from the Japanese PC Online Shop opening.

Edit: I also saw the Volcanion and Magearna movie.

It's better than Diancie but not as good as Hoopa.

Volcanion isn't very big and the movie gets pretty grim dark surprisingly.

Also Ash, Jessie and James should have died many times in that movie.

There was no Pikachu short film which I found out.

I got my Magearna QR thingy, when I watch it again, I'll get my second, so I'll have Magearna at Sun and Moon launch.

What?! Wow. :( Seems they don't know what to do with it anymore. First year was amazing. Look forward to pictures though. :D Old stomping grounds.

Never saw Hoopa movie. After that Diancie movie... LOL. I just couldn't bring myself to watch.

Wiseblade

OK, so I need to get rid of some breeding rejects and figured I might as well offer them up here before throwing them into the Wonder Trade abyss. I've got:

12 × Skrelp: Modest, HA(Adaptability), 5IV, egg move(Toxic Spikes)

8 x Croagunk: Jolly, 5IV, egg move(Drain Punch)

2 x Zorua: Timid, 5IV

7 x Goomy: Modest, 5IV

1 x Eevee: Calm, 6IV

1 x Staryu: Modest, 6IV

2 x Staryu: Timid, 5IV

13 x Sneasel: Jolly, 5IV, egg move(Fake Out, Icicle Crash)

Not really looking for anything in return, but I'd definitely appreciate anything with a hidden ability.

Yeah, its because they wanted to make the event version special so it's not on the standard move list despite being a semi signature. X/Y at least enables relearning if you get an event with it but there's only been one XY gen V-Create Victini which of course was Japan only because of course it was.

OK, so I need to get rid of some breeding rejects and figured I might as well offer them up here before throwing them into the Wonder Trade abyss. I've got:

Wait, so I don't really have anything to trade because I don't breed or do anything competitively...but can I have one of those Croagunk?? :D

Wiseblade

Wait, so I don't really have anything to trade because I don't breed or do anything competitively...but can I have one of those Croagunk?? :D
I put giveaway as the title because I'm not asking for anything in return. You can definitely have one. My Friend Code is in my profile.

entremet

Yeah, its because they wanted to make the event version special so it's not on the standard move list despite being a semi signature. X/Y at least enables relearning if you get an event with it but there's only been one XY gen V-Create Victini which of course was Japan only because of course it was.

One step forwards, two steps back with GF lol.

Akai__

I'd really prefer it to be like in the old days, where they would give you items and the items enables a location, where you can catch that Pokeom at a lower level. Loved that in Fire Red/Leaf Green for example. And of course those items should actually be available to everyone via Internet at some point. People really shouldn't be forced to get a physical code anymore...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Got Victini.

Full Living Dex complete! All in PokeBank.

Well until Volcanion and Sun and Moon lol.
Congrats! That must feel awesome ^^

I'm still waiting for Genesect, Meloetta and Volcanion so I can complete mine. Of course, before that happens I'll have to collect all gen 7 mons too, as Meloetta is going to be delivered after SM come out.

Zomba13

Feel the Pokémon itch and not being able to wait till Sun I decided I might as well play ORAS. I wanted to try and go through with different ones than my Ruby and Emerald runs and thanks to Wonder Trade it's easy, traded a bunch got some cool stuff (including a shiny Greninja o.o) but then quickly realised how fast they start to disobey before the first badge so I dumped them and went back to where Wally gets his Ralts and decided to grab a new batch to use for a while before switching back to my cool team with Honedge and Zorua and other cool Wonder Trades.

Spent like 10 mins doing the DexNav thing and wound up finding a Shiny Male Ralts! This is the quickest I've ever found a shiny! I'm only a few hours in!

gardfish

What the hell, I participated in about a dozen battles in the Unova Classic competition which are logged on my Global Link account, but the website doesn't have me listed in the rankings and won't give me the code for the Darmanitan prize. What am I supposed to do? Does anyone have a Darmanitan code that they'd be willing to give me?

Muku

What the hell, I participated in about a dozen battles in the Unova Classic competition which are logged on my Global Link account, but the website doesn't have me listed in the rankings and won't give me the code for the Darmanitan prize. What am I supposed to do? Does anyone have a Darmanitan code that they'd be willing to give me?

Good luck. My second account never got the Shiny Mewtwo code. I think they like finding a way to screw folks. Know at least one or two others didn't get theirs either.

Was going to say I've not gotten an email on that either, which I'm not sure why. Every time I log in says I'm opted in for email. ><

entremet

Good luck. My second account never got the Shiny Mewtwo code. I think they like finding a way to screw folks. Know at least one or two others didn't get theirs either.

Was going to say I've not gotten an email on that either, which I'm not sure why. Every time I log in says I'm opted in for email. ><

Same thing happened to me.

Weird.

Muku

Actually, speaking of emails... has anyone gotten this months Pokemon newsletter? I haven't even gotten it on my main account which does get their emails.

Hegarol

Actually, speaking of emails... has anyone gotten this months Pokemon newsletter? I haven't even gotten it on my main account which does get their emails.
I don't think they have a set date. Last one was on the 11th. Haven't got anything yet either.

WPS

I'm really glad 6th gen added horde battles, it means EV training only takes like 20 minutes now. The biggest time sink of it is the fact I can't be bothered to pay attention while doing it.

Since I wasn't paying attention, my 3DS ran out of power and I lost a mon and a half's worth of progress, which meant I had to start over. But on the second attempt (still not really paying attention), I heard a twinkling noise...

...and I now own Radditz the shiny Oddish. I think he'll become a Bellossom, but I might wait just in case there's potential for evolving it into an Alolan Vileplume or something. In the mean time, more shinies for the glorious shiny pile.

Wiseblade

I'm really glad 6th gen added horde battles, it means EV training only takes like 20 minutes now. The biggest time sink of it is the fact I can't be bothered to pay attention while doing it.

Since I wasn't paying attention, my 3DS ran out of power and I lost a mon and a half's worth of progress, which meant I had to start over. But on the second attempt (still not really paying attention), I heard a twinkling noise...

...and I now own Radditz the shiny Oddish. I think he'll become a Bellossom, but I might wait just in case there's potential for evolving it into an Alolan Vileplume or something. In the mean time, more shinies for the glorious shiny pile.
I think having shinies of either:

* Whismur
* Oddish
* Sandshrew
* Shuppet
* Banette
* Swablu

Is proof that you're a legit breeder.

WPS

I think having shinies of either:

* Whismur
* Oddish
* Sandshrew
* Shuppet
* Banette
* Swablu

Is proof that you're a legit breeder.

What about Zigzagoon? I got him from ev training as well.

I also have Whismur, Swablu and Altaria but they're actually from earlier gens.

WPS

MORE SHINIES FOR THE SHINY PILE

Just hatched a shiny Pichu. Alas, it didn't get lighting rod, only has 4IVs and has a random nature, but it does have Encore, Fake Out and Volt Tackle. I really hope I can evolve it into an Alolan Raichu, but if not I can make this a shiny Pikachu to go with my other Shiny Pichu and Raichu.

Muku

Hm, maybe they don't have a set date for emails, but I have always gotten them by now. Did they skip this month or something? I just always like the codes and stuff in them.

Hm, maybe they don't have a set date for emails, but I have always gotten them by now. Did they skip this month or something? I just always like the codes and stuff in them.

Last one I got was 18th of August. Scrolling through it looks like they aren't Super consistent on date.

I've never really engaged in all the serious pokemon stuff like wonder trading or IV training or breeding, but I got lucky and caught a tentacool who had pokerus so I decided to infect something and send it out via wonder trade! Sent out a lanturn and got back a Korean froakie. I guess I can try the masuda method now.

Mael

I just realized that this is the more specific thread for VIth gen pokemon games...

And I just realized I didn't make multiple Turbo Torchic (you know the giveaway one back in early X/Y days).
So I made a few eggs, 4 males, 2 with Turbo.
So I send both rejects to wondertrade and after something that seemed like hours of shit I get a Larvesta.
I know I could get one in OR but that's better than fucking Tentacool or Machop.
You would expect less shit in Wondertrade these days but nope.

Wiseblade

I just realized that this is the more specific thread for VIth gen pokemon games...

And I just realized I didn't make multiple Turbo Torchic (you know the giveaway one back in early X/Y days).
So I made a few eggs, 4 males, 2 with Turbo.
So I send both rejects to wondertrade and after something that seemed like hours of shit I get a Larvesta.
I know I could get one in OR but that's better than fucking Tentacool or Machop.
You would expect less shit in Wondertrade these days but nope.

Wonder Trade is an absolute crapshoot. 95% of the time I just get junk from people wonderlocking or grin ding for PokéMiles. That remaining 5% of the time you're getting someone's breeding rejects. Some hidden ability, 5 perfect IV monster lands into your lap and you just think to yourself: "You know what? Wonder Trade is all right."

Mael

So I just learned about Light ball pikachu so now I had to try to get a light ball in X while feeling bad for the pikachu I just evolved in Y...
So back to X, I got a sudowudo or whatevr in the hordes.
trying to get Ekans and Arbok but it's forever raining on Kalos (fitting for Picardie you could say), so instead I'm "trying" to farm evolution stones in that damn cave.
So easy to waste time in X!

Wonder Trade is an absolute crapshoot. 95% of the time I just get junk from people wonderlocking or grin ding for PokéMiles. That remaining 5% of the time you're getting someone's breeding rejects. Some hidden ability, 5 perfect IV monster lands into your lap and you just think to yourself: "You know what? Wonder Trade is all right."

Hopefully Wondertrade is here to stay, it's my goto method to get all the starters lol.
didn't really feel like using it for ORAS...

entremet

Anyone have a spare Volcanion code? My GS was already out on the first day?! That can't be right.

On a second note, I'm so happy to be done with this stuff soon. I hate going to GS.

Top Bottom