• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Just one NA Darkrai code left. :)

Zero, if no one claims in a few days, I'll send it your way. Just don't want to get too close to expiration on these. :)

I've seen you giving away a lot of stuff and think that's really awesome of you.
If it's still available I'd love the NA Darkrai :D

Muku

Anyone have a Diancie they're willing to part with? I'm open to all offers.

I have one in SPA if you're interested. Since it's not in ENG or JPN, pretty sure it was given to me for helping someone, since I only collect mine in ENG or JPN. For free if you'd like it.

I've seen you giving away a lot of stuff and think that's really awesome of you.
If it's still available I'd love the NA Darkrai :D

Sure thing. :) Will send you a PM here in a moment with the code.

Dimmle

I just picked this up on a whim over the weekend and I'm floored by the quality and care put into the remake. The music (which, as I quickly recalled, was always a highlight of this generation) is on a whole new level.

Although I enjoyed my time with it as a teen, I'm not sure I ever gave this gen a fair shake in retrospect since it took a few steps back from GSC in certain areas. The world, too, is particularly vibrant and full of character, something I felt XY sorely lacked.

I have one in SPA if you're interested. Since it's not in ENG or JPN, pretty sure it was given to me for helping someone, since I only collect mine in ENG or JPN. For free if you'd like it.

That sounds a tiny bit like mine.

I used to love collecting events in different languages, but kinda lazy these days. I do have a couple of random European Jirachis from April though.

ar4757

I just picked this up on a whim over the weekend and I'm floored by the quality and care put into the remake. The music (which, as I quickly recalled, was always a highlight of this generation) is on a whole new level.

Although I enjoyed my time with it as a teen, I'm not sure I ever gave this gen a fair shake in retrospect since it took a few steps back from GSC in certain areas. The world, too, is particularly vibrant and full of character, something I felt XY sorely lacked.

They couldn't complete the package though rip battle frontier

Still a good remake though, but I feel HGSS was outstanding in comparison, and gen 3 was my favorite

Also, finished my first living dex a couple weeks ago! 719 pokemon, missing Volcanion and one of the events that is being rereleased in a couple months. It only took me over 10 years to have this much determination haha

I mean, in the interview included in the official strategy guide they said that ORAS was made in only a year.

So naturally they end up not putting "extra" things like the BF in but don't want to admit that the game was kinda rushed so they come up with certain BS instead.

Muku

That sounds a tiny bit like mine.

I used to love collecting events in different languages, but kinda lazy these days. I do have a couple of random European Jirachis from April though.

Haha, maybe it is. I am not sure how I ended up with it, but might be the one you gave me. XD

Akai__

I just realized that you waste about 6 minutes each time you are going to the Pokemon League in Pokemon X/Y. Only for watching these stupid animations, walking and talking that is... I used the E4 to level up my Pokemon, but this seems very inefficient now. Where do you level up your Pokemon efficiently? Victory Road or some other place? Heard the Restaurant Le Wow is good, but 100k Pokedollar each time? That seems ridiculous, no?

Thanks to Jagmask, I'm done with Gen 6 Pokemon now (except Volcanion of course). Every Pokemon, with me as the OT, is sorted on the PC. Only Gen 1, 2, 3, 4 and left, but the Boxes are pretty full already. Making good progress.

Assuming you have ORAS, you can use LVL 100 Healing Wish Blissey Secret Bases. 3 Blisseys can usually take a Pokemon from Lvl 1 holding the Lucky Egg to somewhere in the 40's so they are really efficient

Don't want to move Pokemon back and forth from ORAS and X/Y. Don't even have Pokemon Bank/Mover to begin with. But I'll do this whenever I get back to ORAS, though. Which will probably be after I'm done with Y anyways. Appreciate the suggestion, though.

I just realized that you waste about 6 minutes each time you are going to the Pokemon League in Pokemon X/Y. Only for watching these stupid animations, walking and talking that is... I used the E4 to level up my Pokemon, but this seems very inefficient now. Where do you level up your Pokemon efficiently? Victory Road or some other place? Heard the Restaurant Le Wow is good, but 100k Pokedollar each time? That seems ridiculous, no?

Thanks to Jagmask, I'm done with Gen 6 Pokemon now (except Volcanion of course). Every Pokemon, with me as the OT, is sorted on the PC. Only Gen 1, 2, 3, 4 and left, but the Boxes are pretty full already. Making good progress.

Assuming you have ORAS, you can use LVL 100 Healing Wish Blissey Secret Bases. 3 Blisseys can usually take a Pokemon from Lvl 1 holding the Lucky Egg to somewhere in the 40's so they are really efficient

Moelman

Neo Member
More for XY I know, but does anyone have Ditto in their friend safari that wouldn't mind me adding them?

Does anyone still need Arceus? I have 4 NA codes. I'd like to keep a couple for trading since I still need Celebi, Jirachi and Manaphy (and Diancie I realized), but I wouldn't mind giving a couple away. I can try to get more. If anyone has any of those past events and can help me out let me know.

gardfish

More for XY I know, but does anyone have Ditto in their friend safari that wouldn't mind me adding them?

Does anyone still need Arceus? I have 4 NA codes. I'd like to keep a couple for trading since I still need Celebi, Jirachi and Manaphy (and Diancie I realized), but I wouldn't mind giving a couple away. I can try to get more. If anyone has any of those past events and can help me out let me know.

I'm in need of an Arceus code, and I have a couple of spare Manaphy and Jirachi (and I think Celebi? not sure, need to double check) if you'd like to trade.

Moelman

Neo Member
I'm in need of an Arceus code, and I have a couple of spare Manaphy and Jirachi (and I think Celebi? not sure, need to double check) if you'd like to trade.

That sounds great! Let me know when you are able to. PM me your FC, mine is in my profile. Are you looking for anything else for more than 1 of your event mons? I don't have any other extra events or a lot else to offer, but let me know.

Wiseblade

Who wants a Calm 5IV wish Eevee? I'd rather pass them out to GAF than roll the dice on Wonder Trades.

Where do I sign?

Iceman829

How can I check to see what's in my friend safari? I just started playing X until my copy of OR comes in the mail, but I would add you if I had what you need. I haven't played a pokemon game since RBY so I'm checking out all the new stuff in the games and trying to collect a bunch of cool monsters

Moelman

Neo Member
How can I check to see what's in my friend safari? I just started playing X until my copy of OR comes in the mail, but I would add you if I had what you need. I haven't played a pokemon game since RBY so I'm checking out all the new stuff in the games and trying to collect a bunch of cool monsters
I think you just have to have someone add you and check. You get 2 mons at first and I think after you become champion a third one is added. If you want I can add you and check what is in yours so far. My FC is in my profile.

Mine is Mankey, Pancham, Tyrogue for anyone interested!

Dimmle

They couldn't complete the package though rip battle frontier

Still a good remake though, but I feel HGSS was outstanding in comparison, and gen 3 was my favorite

Also, finished my first living dex a couple weeks ago! 719 pokemon, missing Volcanion and one of the events that is being rereleased in a couple months. It only took me over 10 years to have this much determination haha

Yeah, most of my positive impressions can be attributed to the strength of the original material. I honestly forgot that these were such good PKMN games. I usually look back on them with disappointment considering the ways they regressed from G/S.

Wiseblade

Congrats! I actually "finished" my living Pokédex yesterday. Im still missing Diancie and Meloetta, but I got my certificate so I guess it's mission accomplished?

Muku

Congrats! I actually "finished" my living Pokédex yesterday. Im still missing Diancie and Meloetta, but I got my certificate so I guess it's mission accomplished?

The events don't count against ya. Fortunately Meloetta is in December, so you got that one in the bag when time comes. :)

Muku

I know they don't count, but I personally feel like it isn't done until it's done.

Oh, I hear ya. I'd still feel incomplete if an awesome GAFer hadn't given me a Volcanion already. I was holding out for US one, but then got the JPN code, so made me pretty happy. Still waiting for the English one though.

KingDirk

Super pumped it looks like I will have a full (up to Gen VI, anyway) dex by the end of the year. Right now I am just dicking around with breeding. Speaking of which, would any non-US person have an HA Tepig? Wanna Masuda method a shiny if I can. Stats are less important what with Hyper training approaching.

Akai__

I think you just have to have someone add you and check. You get 2 mons at first and I think after you become champion a third one is added. If you want I can add you and check what is in yours so far. My FC is in my profile.

I went ahead and added you. Would appreciate it, if you add me back. You will find my FC in my profile, too.

Iceman829

I added you and I put my FC in my profile as well if you want to add me back.

I went ahead and added you. Would appreciate it, if you add me back. You will find my FC in my profile, too.

I added you as well if that is okay.

Moelman

Neo Member
Added you both!
Your friend safari is Ponyta, Braixen, and Larvesta. Not sure if you already knew so figured I'd post it.

I added you and I put my FC in my profile as well if you want to add me back.

I added you as well if that is okay.
Your friend safari is Wartortle and Bibarel (can't see third yet).

Thanks to gardfish for the trade for Manaphy! I have 2 more Arceus codes and need Celebi and Jirachi if anyone still needs a code.

Iceman829

Added you both!
Your friend safari is Ponyta, Braixen, and Larvesta. Not sure if you already knew so figured I'd post it.

Your friend safari is Wartortle and Bibarel (can't see third yet).

Thanks to gardfish for the trade for Manaphy! I have 2 more Arceus codes and need Celebi and Jirachi if anyone still needs a code.

That's cool. I'm only up to the third gym, so that 3rd unlock might take some time. If anyone needs those they can feel free to add me.

Ahnez

After a few months, I decided to go back SR Darkrai

.. 121 tries until the first timid, and it was terrible

I now remember why I gave up back then >_>

entremet

All these mythicals are Level 100 so Hyper Training will be pretty easy.

But knowing GF I'm sure there will be some time taxes in there lol.

Akai__

So, I was just wonder-traded a Shiny Level 100 Grumpig, which also has Pokerus. What the heck do I do with it?

Does anyone want it? I'll maybe do a very small request list, nothing too fancy and just normal Pokemon (maybe from Gen 2).

I'm RNGing Dream Radar legendaries (not Pentagon so not usually legal in 6th) but what's the standard nature recommendations for the Telepathy Creation Trio ?

Keyouta

Re-posting this from the trading thread:

I'm looking to finish filling my living dex, it's taken me a week and I've almost finished. I'm missing a few however.

Edit:

Complete now, just missing Meloetta.

J0dy77

Watching the pokemon championship yesterday peaked my interest for Pokemon as a competitive game. How active is the competitive scene? Is it hard to find games or is their consistent matchmaking?

I've only ever played pokemon X/Y and would pick up ruby or Sapphire if I could get immersed in the competitive play.

Firestorm

Watching the pokemon championship yesterday peaked my interest for Pokemon as a competitive game. How active is the competitive scene? Is it hard to find games or is their consistent matchmaking?

I've only ever played pokemon X/Y and would pick up ruby or Sapphire if I could get immersed in the competitive play.
The official ladder was taken down using the format used in tournaments right now. The current format is sort of meh but it's better to start earlier in the season. There are local tournaments happening year round. Whereabouts do you live?

WPS

Does anyone have a Rock Head Tyrunt (preferably Jolly and female) or a female Unburden Swirlix in a Heal Ball (preferably Jolly) they could trade me?

I have a wide variety of Hidden Ability or rare pokéball breedables I can offer in return, or I have a large variety of 4IV breeding rejects.

J0dy77

The official ladder was taken down using the format used in tournaments right now. The current format is sort of meh but it's better to start earlier in the season. There are local tournaments happening year round. Whereabouts do you live?

I'm in New Jersey and would only be interested in consistent online play. Will the ladder not be available again?

Is there a better version of the game? Ruby or sapphire?

Muku

So, good news. I had to go downtown today to film something for a friend. It allowed me to do some extra errands down there. (And hit that Daiso so I can get my favorite ramen... Mmmmm...) While down there I hit both GameStops, so I have TWO Arceus codes to give away. If you don't have access to a GameStop, let me know and I'll pass one on to you if you'd like it.

So, good news. I had to go downtown today to film something for a friend. It allowed me to do some extra errands down there. (And hit that Daiso so I can get my favorite ramen... Mmmmm...) While down there I hit both GameStops, so I have TWO Arceus codes to give away. If you don't have access to a GameStop, let me know and I'll pass one on to you if you'd like it.
Yo, I do have access to a GameStop but people took all the codes. Can I get one? I'll donate a Darkrai code I have.

I don't have GameStop access

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
When is the deadline to get Arceus? I bought Omega Ruby last week in order to get Arceus before the deal expired, but haven't had a lot of time to go to a GameStop since I recently had to move.

Muku

Yo, I do have access to a GameStop but people took all the codes. Can I get one? I'll donate a Darkrai code I have.

That's strange yours doesn't have any digital ones to print out. I know one at mall downtown ran out quick and has been relying on them since.

I don't have GameStop access

Sending yall both a PM momentarily with your codes. :)

When is the deadline to get Arceus? I bought Omega Ruby last week in order to get Arceus before the deal expired, but haven't had a lot of time to go to a GameStop since I recently had to move.

Promotion to get an Arceus code ends on what, the 24th. So might want to get to one ASAP. But to claim the code once you've gotten it, back of card says November 30, 2016.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Promotion to get an Arceus code ends on what, the 24th. So might want to get to one ASAP. But to claim the code once you've gotten it, back of card says November 30, 2016.

Ill swing by a GameStop on my way home tonight. Hopefully there are digital codes you mentioned. I stopped trying to get exclusives a long time ago, like 2013/2014 after getting one Giratina.

Iceman829

Do you need to bring anything to gamestop to get a code? I might try to swing by 1 later on today. I'm also in the city today and can probably pop in a few to grab extra codes for people.

Top Bottom