• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT2| Would you like to leave a tip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a 4-5 IV Ditto with HP @ 31 and 3-4 other stats being a combination of anything other than Attack? If so, would I be able to borrow it to breed this Carbink? If necessary I can trade you something valuable as insurance that I'd give it back. I don't think I'll be able to get a 5IV one any time soon with this 4IV and 3IV matchup.

I've got a HP, Def, SpDef Ditto if that'll do

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm going for more of a defensive build (+Sp. Def, -Attack nature with 252 HP and Sp. Def), so I just figured that Flamethrower would be a good last spot to prevent Steel-types from walling me altogether. Aura Sphere might also be a good choice for that slot in order to crush Rock-types as well, but it doesn't have the power, boosted secondary effect or novelty of Flamethrower ;)

Plus it gets rid of Skarmory. I can see it being better, especially since Skarmory will be better these days due to fairy.

What the heck. I spend days to Masuda breed shiny Honedge and Phantump, then I do regular breeding for Eevee... and get a shiny! I'm not sure if I should be happy or not.

jrCzT5A.jpg

Neiteio

Ok, just wanted to make sure!

What item would you recommend for Carbink? Well, item/moveset I guess, lol.
Just saw this inquiry.

On my Carbink, I run Reflect, Light Screen, Stealth Rock and Power Gem. The screens cut all damage to your team in half. Stealth Rock and Power Gem are a potent combo against Pokémon like Talonflame, Volcarona and Charizard(s), which they can also switch into safely. Equip the item Light Clay to make Reflect and Light Screen last eight turns instead of five. :O

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What the heck. I spend days to Masuda breed shiny Honedge and Phantump, then I do regular breeding for Eevee... and get a shiny! I'm not sure if I should be happy or not.

jrCzT5A.jpg

It's like you're getting all the shinies in the world.

I've never gotten a shiny in my life. :(

Anival

Banned
I tried that masuda method for a shiny Fennekin, after 40 eggs I got a shiny and a modest nature. I'm surprised it happened so fast. People were telling me at least hundreds of eggs.

Just saw this inquiry.

On my Carbink, I run Reflect, Light Screen, Stealth Rock and Power Gem. The screens cut all damage to your team in half. Stealth Rock and Power Gem are a potent combo against Pokémon like Talonflame, Volcarona and Charizard(s), which they can also switch into safely. Equip the item Light Clay to make Reflect and Light Screen last eight turns instead of five. :O

Awesome, great to know, thanks a bunch!

Where do you get Light Clay at?

Neiteio

Going to bed now, but here's the updated list (also reflected in the original post, but just bumping yet again for extra freshness). We'll continue this tomorrow!

ATTENTION BUTT JESTERS:

xQd2qpM.jpg

The following Bold Sturdy Carbinks trades (each with at least two perfect IVs) have been completed:

1) Charlie0108
2) DedValve
3) ohlawd
4) Mother Green
5) spindashing
6) MicH
7) AmICoolYet
8) Otakemegane
9) Unicorn
10) ED Cantu
11) Strigiday
12) Replica
13) haunted_taco
14) NEO0MJ
15) QP3
16) Smedwicks
17) Ralts42
18) Natiko
19) fek
20) SeZMehK
21) SkullHydra
22) C. Qwark
23) BraXzy
24) Kiri
25) EMT0
26) Macklelol
27) Devo
28) TWILT
29) Ultimadrago
30) LunaticHigh
31) CornBurrito
32) Ramyeon

33) XtaLarge
34) Aggrotek
35) Riou
36) B-Dubs
37) PBalfredo

If you're NOT in bold, PM me with your Friend Code and in-game trainer name.

My FC is 3952-7030-5695. My character name is Alizée.

Neiteio

Where do you get Light Clay at?
Light Clay is held by 5% of Golett/Golurks in the wild. You're best off checking the Friend Safari list in the thread here at GAF, and reaching out by PM to one of the three people who have wild Golurk in their Friend Safari. Then go to the Friend Safari, and use a Pokémon with the move Thief to take out each Golurk you encounter, until you steal Light Clay from one. Your Thief Pokémon can't be holding anything if you want it to work. Once stolen, you retrieve it from the Thief Pokémon. You can KO the Pokémon and the item will still be stolen.

ramyeon

I've got a HP, Def, SpDef Ditto if that'll do
That's what I'm using at the moment sadly, I'm just unable to get the last stat to make a 5IV Carbink. It's just not happening, I think if I was using a 4 or 5 IV Ditto it'd be a lot easier, but I don't have any of those :(

Light Clay is held by 5% of Golett/Golurks in the wild. You're best off checking the Friend Safari list in the thread here at GAF, and reaching out by PM to one of the three people who have wild Golurk in their Friend Safari. Then go to the Friend Safari, and use a Pokémon with the move Thief to take out each Golurk you encounter, until you steal Light Clay from one. Your Thief Pokémon can't be holding anything if you want it to work. Once stolen, you retrieve it from the Thief Pokémon. You can KO the Pokémon and the item will still be stolen.

Ok. Seems like it'll take a while, but it'll definitely be worth it in the end. Thanks again!

Neiteio

In addition to Reflect/Light Screen/Stealth Rock/Power Gem, you can mix and match any of the following with great success:

- Trick Room, for setting up slow Pokémon on your team
- Sunny Day, Hail or Sandstorm, for weather teams
- Protect, Substitute, Toxic, Rest, Sleep Talk, for stalling (an ubers set at Smogon)
- Explosion, for making a quick transition to your sweeper
- Moonblast, for dealing with dragons
- Stone Edge, if you don't mind the accuracy

Vire

Hey guys, I think I'm stuck or I'm doing something really stupid.

I just freed the Abomasnow and I have no idea where to go next. Any help?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I tried that masuda method for a shiny Fennekin, after 40 eggs I got a shiny and a modest nature. I'm surprised it happened so fast. People were telling me at least hundreds of eggs.
You're lucky...
looks like my summer vacation is...over.

macklelol

I'm personally at like 1050 or 1100 eggs for my Shiny Larvitar. RNG hates me.

Oh, and of course it's a Female. What are the odds?! I don't even care if the IVs are terrible. Wait, what does a shiny Vaporeon even look like? To Google!

ohlawd

screw it, the Carbink I bred with Neiteio's Carbink (thanks again buddeh) + x/x/31/31/31/x Ditto = 31/x/31/28/31/31

I'm tired and I'm hungry. I'll settle for this.

screw it, the Carbink I bred with Neiteio's Carbink (thanks again buddeh) + x/x/31/31/31/x Ditto = 31/x/31/28/31/31

I got something similar but with a lower speed instead of SpA. TBH I think lower speed would help if I face a ferr/forr lead, and I can't see any threats that needs to have a chance of outspeeding anyway.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
In addition to Reflect/Light Screen/Stealth Rock/Power Gem, you can mix and match any of the following with great success:

- Trick Room, for setting up slow Pokémon on your team
- Sunny Day, Hail or Sandstorm, for weather teams
- Protect, Substitute, Toxic, Rest, Sleep Talk, for stalling (an ubers set at Smogon)
- Explosion, for making a quick transition to your sweeper
- Moonblast, for dealing with dragons
- Stone Edge, if you don't mind the accuracy

Any tips for an EV spread?

So there's no way to get an East Coast Gastrodon right? :(
They look better.

Transfer it when the pokebank opens up. I agree on the looks. You mean the blue one right?

Anival

Banned
I don't usually like playing online but I love beating people with Wobbuffet and having people not knowing how to beat it. I never really realized how good it actually was

Well now I have a delimma. I bred the shiny Eevee to have a Bold Nature and Wish, and it has max IVs in HP, Sp.A, and Sp.D. It doesn't have it's hidden ability either. Should I go with another Vaporeon, or go with the newcomer Sylveon (Who has a better shiny)? My current Vaporeon is a Hydration/Rest variety.

Help me PokéGAF!

Neiteio

I got something similar but with a lower speed instead of SpA. TBH I think lower speed would help if I face a ferr/forr lead, and I can't see any threats that needs to have a chance of outspeeding anyway.
36227-Thats-good-Thats-damn-good-8Lce1.gif

Any tips for an EV spread?
For a Bold Carbink, I highly recommend 252 HP / 252 Defense / 6 Sp. Def.

At lv. 100, with perfect IVs, you'll have 304 HP, 438 Defense and 337 Sp. Defense.

Then you use Reflect/Light Screen, and boost those defenses by 50%.

flavor20flav20nite20tales20clock20public20enemy-thumb-350x538-74365.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom