• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT2| Would you like to leave a tip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DedValve

Banned
Send me your FC and trainer name again, your FC wouldn't work.

I sent you a two-IV one. It's kind of you to take this so another person can have a three-IV or four-IV one. I think someone else here offered to hook you up with a four-IV one -- hopefully they do.

1134-7217-0996

thanks!

SeZMehK

Send me your FC and trainer name again, your FC wouldn't work.

I sent you a two-IV one. It's kind of you to take this so another person can have a three-IV or four-IV one. I think someone else here offered to hook you up with a four-IV one -- hopefully they do.

That was me if skull still wants it.

DaBoss

Firemind-dono, you strike wildly with your sword as if something was in your rear. If you would like, I shall strike it with my weapon, but do not guarantee your safety.
I'll just use Magic Coat, then. Plus, Roar has negative priority, so it's not like anything capable of using it is going to be around for very long ;P
I don't even know if Roar even worked against a Substitute now, just assuming since it is a sound-based move, ScraftyDevil-dono.

Those who played AA5 will understand me. Amazing game.

OceanBlue

I don't even know if Roar even worked against a Substitute now, just assuming since it is a sound-based move, ScraftyDevil-dono.

Those who played AA5 will understand me. Amazing game.

I think it does break Substitute. I'm pretty sure I've done it before.

Caladrius

Random question: is confuse ray a viable move when battling online or is it not worth it?

You're basically gambling with it. Drop it. Swagger can be worthwhile if you're willing to risk the opponent's doubled attack. (the doubled attack also affects how hard they hit themselves, which is why it's better than plain old confuse ray.)

Alright, finally:
dunpQRf.jpg

I think that's every Pokemon currently available in X/Y. I have most of the remainder ready to go, too, sitting in a box in my copy of Black 2 waiting for Pokemon Bank. I just have to catch Entei in Superior Silver and I'll have almost everything but the event-only Legendaries, which hopefully won't be required to complete the National 'Dex.

I spent the last few days replaying Black to get a Reshiram and those three -Orus guys, only to find that you can't get Landorus without having both Tornadus and Thundurus. They're version exclusives, and you can't even see Thundurus in Black version, meaning you can't request it on the GTS, so I'm SOL. I'll just have to trade some Legendaries for it on the GTS once I transfer them over to X. Ugh, I really don't like B/W. I still can't believe Game Freak let those games out the door with the wild encounter rate as insane as it is.

Caladrius

Alright, finally:
dunpQRf.jpg

I think that's every Pokemon currently available in X/Y. I have most of the remainder ready to go, too, sitting in a box in my copy of Black 2 waiting for Pokemon Bank. I just have to catch Entei in Superior Silver and I'll have almost everything but the event-only Legendaries, which hopefully won't be required to complete the National 'Dex.

I spent the last few days replaying Black to get a Reshiram and those three -Orus guys, only to find that you can't get Landorus without having both Tornadus and Thundurus. They're version exclusives, and you can't even see Thundurus in Black version so you can't request it on the GTS, so I suppose I'll just have to trade for them in X. Ugh, I really don't like B/W. I still can't believe Game Freak let those games out the door with the wild encounter rate as insane as it is.

If you're willing to spend 4 smackers and like torturing yourself the Dream Radar app is also an option.

Darkrai won't pop up on any rated battles and there are plenty of ways to deal with Breloom. Talonflame is probably my favorite

If you're looking for a casual match Darkrai's going to put a huge damper on your day. Breloom is a fair point, but once Talonflame is out of the equation you have a problem and Taunt users generally don't enjoy getting smacked in the face with Breloom's attacks.

You're basically gambling with it. Drop it. Swagger can be worthwhile if you're willing to risk the opponent's doubled attack. (the doubled attack also affects how hard they hit themselves, which is why it's better than plain old confuse ray.)

Swagger is also relatively safe to use on Walls and Special Attackers. Makes the gamble less risky.

edit: THIS PHANTUMP REFUSES TO PASS ITS HIDDEN ABILITY. :(

60% chance my ass.

backlot

If you're willing to spend 4 smackers and like torturing yourself the Dream Radar app is also an option.

If you're looking for a casual match Darkrai's going to put a huge damper on your day. Breloom is a fair point, but once Talonflame is out of the equation you have a problem.

Bidoof is pretty great too once all of its counters are out of the way.

GamerSoul

Swagger is also relatively safe to use on Walls and Special Attackers. Makes the gamble less risky.

Thanks, yea my experience with it hasn't been worthwhile but I wanted to make sure. Now I have a extra move slot for both Umbreon and Gourgiest lol.

Neiteio

ATTENTION BUTT JESTERS:

xQd2qpM.jpg

The following Bold Sturdy Carbinks trades (each with at least two perfect IVs) have been completed:

1) Charlie0108
2) DedValve
3) ohlawd
4) Mother Green
5) spindashing
6) MicH
7) AmICoolYet
8) Otakemegane
9) Unicorn
10) ED Cantu
11) Strigiday
12) Replica
13) haunted_taco
14) NEO0MJ
15) QP3
16) Smedwicks
17) Ralts42
18) Natiko
19) fek
20) SeZMehK
21) SkullHydra
22) C. Qwark
23) BraXzy
24) Kiri
25) EMT0
26) Macklelol
27) Devo
28) TWILT
29) Ultimadrago
30) LunaticHigh
31) CornBurrito
32) Ramyeon

33) XtaLarge
34) Aggrotek
35) Riou
36) B-Dubs
37) PBalfredo

If you're NOT in bold, PM me with your Friend Code and in-game trainer name.

My FC is 3952-7030-5695. My character name is Alizée.

Neiteio

Thanks man. And it's Merick.

I hope you aren't offended Neiteio. I really appreciate you breeding a Carbink for me.
Offended? Not at all. I suggested in that PM I sent to you that you take this fine fellow up on his offer. If anything, I think it's very kind of you to let me hand off a higher-IV specimen to someone else. :)

Enjoy and welcome to the Carbink family! :D
Thanks man. You Rock!
I will continue to spam this lame joke forever.

Offended? Not at all. I suggested in that PM I sent to you that you take this fine fellow up on his offer. If anything, I think it's very kind of you to let me hand off a higher-IV specimen to someone else. :)
Okay, good. Thanks again for taking the time to do this for everyone!

DaBoss

Busaiku

Sleep is not that great now.
It lasts only 3 turns at most, it doesn't reset when you switch out, and Breloom has been heavily nerfed.

Unless Whimsicott gets Spore and Parting Shot or something, I imagine Smogon will change their rules on that or something.
But even then, they'd probably just ban Whimsicott or something (I dunno how Smogon works).

Neiteio

Okay, good. Thanks again for taking the time to do this for everyone!
My pleasure!

All of my Carbinks are actually a descendant of a Mystery Egg that was gifted to me by Busaiku. I hatched the egg, and used the mother to breed the perfect Carbink I use. And that Carbink, in turn, birthed the nearly 40 Bold Sturdy Carbinks now being sent around GAF.

The Grand GAF Carbink Colony!

OceanBlue

It lasts only 3 turns at most, it doesn't reset when you switch out, and Breloom has been heavily nerfed.

Unless Whimsicott gets Spore and Parting Shot or something, I imagine Smogon will change their rules on that or something.

How does sleep count turns? 1st turn: when you put them to sleep, 2nd turn: free move, 3rd turn: wake up?

Wow, Smedwicks, this is an amazing Gastly. Wish I had higher-IV Carbinks left. :-\

Don't worry about it! You put in the work to breed me (and lots of others) some great Carbinks, so I'm just helping out! I'll probably put in the work breeding this a bit more to get the IV's passed I want. Thanks again!

Busaiku

My pleasure!

All of my Carbinks are actually a descendant of a Mystery Egg that was gifted to me by Busaiku. I hatched the egg, and used the mother to breed the perfect Carbink I use. And that Carbink, in turn, birthed the nearly 40 Bold Sturdy Carbinks now being sent around GAF.

The Grand GAF Carbink Colony!

HypnoDarkrai is our true prophet.
He's the one that caught the Sturdy Carbink, and it had like 3 Perfect IVs.

Neiteio

The Progenitor Carbink :O

I love how we're all like in-laws now, lol

So the family tree goes HypnoDarkrai --> Busaiku --> Neiteio --> One billion people

Caladrius

But even then, they'd probably just ban Whimsicott or something (I dunno how Smogon works).

Smogon generally resists banning combinations (The only major incident I remember of this is Garchomp with sand veil. And Lati@s with Soul dew, but no other pokemon can take advantage of that item.)

The thing is even if sleep lasts more than 1 turn it's a free setup turn and that mildly dangerous Darkrai or Breloom can be turned into a monster with Nasty plot/swords dance. If sleep clause isn't in place your opponent won't be able to switch to another pokemon because the sleep user can put them down too.

The Progenitor Carbink :O

I love how we're all like in-laws now, lol

So the family tree goes HypnoDarkrai --> Busaiku --> Neiteio --> One billion people
Thanks and enjoy the Carbinks!
You guys are great I don't think I could have bred so many to giveaway.
Edit: I still have the original in my PC box :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom