• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Korosenai

I am a bit different on this. I find Mega Alakzam's Trace to be underwhelming. The original version with Magic Guard + Focus Slash can take a Burn/Poison/Weather damage with no detrimental effect to it user set and is ideal for revenge kill.
Mega Alakazam is very situational... I keep using it because I think it looks awesome and i really want it to work. I havent been that successful with it though.

Have you tried putting up previous gen starters? I have all of those and I'm just wondering if I'd get anything good for them.

I have the sudden urge to fill out my Pokedex, lol.

You can put them up to get some of the non-obtainable pokemon from X/Y, then work your way up. You won't get anything really good from a starter though. They're basically like free candy now.

Korosenai

Omfg i just hatched my first shiny ever. Honedge...... But it was with the six iv ditto and a one iv quiet honedge that i just bred. Fuuuuuuck please have good ivs!

edit: Only took 5 eggs, but I hatched a 31/xx/xx/31/31/31 shiny Honedge.... which i'm completely ok with considering i'm going for a quiet nature and this move set:

Shadow Ball
Sacred Sword
Iron Head
King's Shield

Hopefully the attack and defense iv's aren't too low.

DaBoss

Well we just need one more person.

EDIT: Maybe someone else should host?

I wish it would just automatically make people who are online come first on the PSS.

Usobuko

Banned
Omfg i just hatched my first shiny ever. Honedge...... But it was with the six iv ditto and a one iv quiet honedge that i just bred. Fuuuuuuck please have good ivs!

edit: Only took 5 eggs, but I hatched a 31/xx/xx/31/31/31 shiny Honedge.... which i'm completely ok with considering i'm going for a quiet nature and this move set:

Shadow Ball
Sacred Sword
Iron Head
King's Shield

Congrats, I use the same set. 252 HP/ 252 S.Atk

CrimsonN0

Well we just need one more person.

EDIT: Maybe someone else should host?

I wish it would just automatically make people who are online come first on the PSS.

Looking at it: you, MiCH and macklelol are the only ones on at the moment in my Friends list.
So I probably shouldn't host.

Korosenai

Congrats, I use the same set. 252 HP/ 252 S.Atk
Yep, that's exactly what i'm going to use. I really wish that it would have had 5 iv's in everything but Sp. Def, but I can't complain considering it only took 5 eggs.

I planned on using that one iv Honedge to breed for an eventual six iv Honedge which I would then use to Masuda Method with the six iv Ditto. I was even prepared to have to breed about 600 eggs if I needed to.

I'm so stoked as well because this is literally my first shiny i've ever bred or seen in game and i've been playing Pokemon since 98. I never thought this day would happen lol.

Muku

Hatching, I assume?

I know that shiny rates have been decreased this gen (1/4096), do we have an exact number for the Masuda Method in X/Y?

Anyone else hatched any shinies? If you have, how many eggs did it take you? Straw poll time!

I assume the 1/4096 is in the wild? I just know I've still yet to ever find one in the wild. I've resorted to using God Ditto to get shinies instead. I've gotten two through breeding so far.

Shiny Fennekin was egg #14. I'd just started breeding, and even then I was breeding one to battle with, not even thinking about shiny. It was MM though as the Ditto I was using before God Ditto was a 3IV JP one.

I just got Shiny Zorua last night. I can't tell you how many eggs but I spent last two weeks on getting it. It was actually what I told myself on gathering those 5 eggs it'd be my last batch for the night. Best. Last. Batch. Ever. First one popped was a 6IV, and next was the shiny 5IVs (missing HP).

Sadly, I still would rather breed them than go in wild.

SeZMehK

Yep, that's exactly what i'm going to use. I really wish that it would have had 5 iv's in everything but Sp. Def, but I can't complain considering it only took 5 eggs.

I planned on using that one iv Honedge to breed for an eventual six iv Honedge which I would then use to Masuda Method with the six iv Ditto. I was even prepared to have to breed about 600 eggs if I needed to.

I'm so stoked as well because this is literally my first shiny i've ever bred or seen in game and i've been playing Pokemon since 98. I never thought this day would happen lol.
Oh you didn't know? There was a shiny gyrados in gold /silver. :p lol

TWILT

Banned
Back online now for multis. Had to take a shower really quick.

Shadow Ball
Sacred Sword
Iron Head
King's Shield

Niicee. Took me 350 to get mine. x_x

Korosenai

Oh you didn't know? There was a shiny gyrados in gold /silver. :p lol
I meant through breeding or finding one in the wild. Shiny Gyrados doesn't count :p haha

Back online now for multis. Had to take a shower really quick.

Niicee. Took me 350 to get mine. x_x

I was prepared for that many eggs. I bet you ended up with more iv's though.

I'm about to level mine up to around 15 now and check it's iv's... hopefully attack and defense aren't too low.

edit: Apparently its Attack iv's are between 4-8 and its Defense iv's are between 16-21. I kind of wish attack was a little higher =/

macklelol

Grats on the shiny sword. I wish more of my shinies would hatch in such a short time ;_;

Also, I'm breeding Shinx (idk why) with egg moves (Quick Attack + elemental fangs), if you want one, let me know.

SeZMehK

Grats on the shiny sword. I wish more of my shinies would hatch in such a short time ;_;

Also, I'm breeding Shinx (idk why) with egg moves (Quick Attack + elemental fangs), if you want one, let me know.

I wish the shinies that I got in a short time actually had good ivs... >.>

I'll take one. If it is in a lux ball, a female one. If not a male is good :p

TWILT

Banned
Thanks a lot for the Mew and Darkrai, MicH!
I was prepared for that many eggs. I bet you ended up with more iv's though.

I'm about to level mine up to around 15 now and check it's iv's... hopefully attack and defense aren't too low.

edit: Apparently its Attack iv's are between 4-8 and its Defense iv's are between 16-21. I kind of wish attack was a little higher =/
Yeah, mine was 31/31/31/31/31/19, though mine was Adamant, so it's physical only and not as versatile.

CrimsonN0

You're breeding him because you're making a team comprised of only Intimidate pokemon, obviously.

one_kill

One_kill, Ryge, if you guys haven't receive your darkrai, rest assured I remember your request. My rate of success isn't that stella.
Thanks Usobuko
I appreciate it :D

Have you tried putting up previous gen starters? I have all of those and I'm just wondering if I'd get anything good for them.

I have the sudden urge to fill out my Pokedex, lol.
Yeah I did at the start, but their attractiveness went down pretty quickly. There was even a point when Elekid wasn't a viable trade, which was the reason why I switched to Elgyem.

I haven't really tested out other Pokemon because why bother experimenting when it's working. I've only started to experiment later on when people weren't being responsive to trading mascot legendaries for legendary birds or the swords of justice.

That was quick
Congrats!

Growlie19

For fun, I made a competitive fire type team consisting of Megazard-Y, Arcanine, Typhlosion, Infernape, Chandelure, and Volcarona. It actually wins me several battles, surprisingly. My main strategy is to spam Eruption after Mega Evolving Charizard while Zard counters waters with Solar Beam. If they go down, the others clean up the rest.

does Covet always work? Like if I hit a Luvdisc with it once and don't get a heart scale does that mean he's not holding one?

I've only got like 1 heart scale out of 10 luvdiscs so far.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
For fun, I made a competitive fire type team consisting of Megazard-Y, Arcanine, Typhlosion, Infernape, Chandelure, and Volcarona. It actually wins me several battles, surprisingly. My main strategy is to spam Eruption after Mega Evolving Charizard while Zard counters waters with Solar Beam. If they go down, the others clean up the rest.

I faced a similar team a few days ago, got decimated by a Volcanroa that had choice specs.

Shadow Ball
Sacred Sword
Iron Head
King's Shield

Congrats man! What a shiny, huh?

Hopefully it's better than my shiny Honedge though. It has less than six defense IVs. DX

one_kill

does Covet always work? Like if I hit a Luvdisc with it once and don't get a heart scale does that mean he's not holding one?

I've only got like 1 heart scale out of 10 luvdiscs so far.
Get a Pokemon with Compound Eyes and put this first in your party
After fishing a Luvdisc, have a Pokemon with Frisk and Thief come in

SeZMehK

Get a Pokemon with Compound Eyes and put this first in your party
After fishing a Luvdisc, have a Pokemon with Frisk and Thief come in

What I do is have a Vivillon with compound eyes and thief lead my party. As soon as the battle starts, I use thief then run. Rinse and repeat. Lol.

Korosenai

I feel bad getting mine after 5 eggs since it took you so long to get your Porygon :(

Thanks a lot for the Mew and Darkrai, MicH!

Yeah, mine was 31/31/31/31/31/19, though mine was Adamant, so it's physical only and not as versatile.
I wish mine had those stats lol. It's not a big deal though, the attack only has about an 11 point difference so it's alright with me.

Congrats man! What a shiny, huh?

Hopefully it's better than my shiny Honedge though. It has less than six defense IVs. DX
Thanks! It looks like it's iv's are 31/8/21/31/31/31. Attack could be better, but all in all, i'm happy with it. It's not that big of a difference really from 31, only about 11 points total.

Basically at level 50 with 8 iv's in attack it has 158 attack vs. 31 iv's in attack with 170 attack. So really not a big deal, especially the main point of the set is Shadow Ball.

macklelol

I feel bad getting mine after 5 eggs since it took you so long to get your Porygon :(

Eh, no big deal. I did got my shiny Rotom in like 4 eggs, and most of my shinies take around 100-200 eggs to hatch. There's just some terrible cases where it takes a thousand or more eggs. Which has happened several times...

Any idea how does Gamefreak allows the transfer of items to the next game? Since Pokebank doesn't allow items attached, I sure hope all these Mega Stones can find a way and make it to Pokemon Z or Gen7.

There are a few scenarios I think that Gamefreak can take.

1. Similar to the power gems of Gen V, they will discontinue Mega Evolutions in Gen VII
2. You can find the Mega Stones scattered around the game like the Arceus Plates
3. They can be sold at the future iteration of the Battle Tower for Battle Points.

I'm leaning towards my third guess as it'll keep the stones in the game without ruining the progression for the new game.

Korosenai

Mich, do you still want that Anorith?

Eh, no big deal. I did got my shiny Rotom in like 4 eggs, and most of my shinies take around 100-200 eggs to hatch. There's just some terrible cases where it takes a thousand or more eggs. Which has happened several times...

Considering this was my first attempt ever at the Masuda Method, i'd say it's pretty successful. I've been breeding with this Ditto a lot, but this is the first time where I sat down and was prepared to breed a massive amount of Honedge eggs for the shiny. I think it's all the tipping i've been doing at Le Wow. That Waitress put in a good word for me at Gamefreak.

Fuck icicle spear Cloyster!

I need to get one

I can breed you mine real fast. If you don't care about iv's that is.

Top Bottom