• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Whoever IGN: Yuki is, I can't remember us having a trade established for the Victini

I appreciate it, but am I supposed to clone it for you? Did you want something specific in return?

Let me know, lol.

Manage to get an Unown and start the chain trades, easiest way possible.

Unown was actually the last one I got of all the non-obtainable pokemon from X/Y. Its a huge pain to get one. I had to trade an Electrivire for it.

The easiest way is to manage Elgyem or Porygon then breed those and trade the babies. Also, idk if its still desirable, but I used to breed for Happiny and trade those for all the friend safari pokemon I couldn't catch. Worked like a charm.

one_kill

Unown was actually the last one I got of all the non-obtainable pokemon from X/Y. Its a huge pain to get one. I had to trade an Electrivire for it.

The easiest way is to manage Elgyem or Porygon then breed those and trade the babies. Also, idk if its still desirable, but I used to breed for Happiny and trade those for all the friend safari pokemon I couldn't catch. Worked like a charm.
I used Elekid and Elgyem as starting trade Pokemon, then I would chain trade til I got what I wanted.

It was surprising what people would give for them.

Zaventem

Ugh.. had an epic match that lasted 58 turns! i've never experienced something like this, felt so good even though i lost. I remembered this guys team the first time i started battling on showdown 2 days ago and i lost so easily and i faced him again and lost again ;_; I don't like to use calculators when i battle and i was so scared i would be dead by the earthquake i switched out when i could have killed his mega venasaur if i went +4

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-77536688

one_kill

I traded my Porygon Z for a Dialga. Apparently Porygon Z is pretty valuable.
Most Pokemon that evolve while being traded with an item is valuable because of the perceived "effort" required in getting them

I'll explain my method now for those wanting to get legendaries on GTS

1. Breed Elekid or Elygem
2. Offer Elekid or Elygem for Rhyperior or Milotic
3. Offer Rhyperior or Milotic for Xerneas or Yveltal
3a. If Rhyperior isn't working, offer it for a Milotic and repeat the step 3
4. Offer Xerneas or Yveltal for Articuno, Zapdos, or Moltres
5. Offer Articuno, Zapdos, or Moltres for Terrakion, Virizion, or Cobalion
6. Offer Terrakion, Virizion, or Cobalion for Entei, Raikou, or Suicune
7. Offer Entei, Raikou, or Suicune for other legendaries

Just note you don't have to go through all the steps to get other legendaries. I'm just highlighting the categories by which people seem to respond to. As for event Pokemon, you'll have to ask people here or try to do random trades with passers-by or acquaintances.

The method above isn't as effective as it once was. It still works, but it doesn't work as fast in the later stages.

ffdgh

Most Pokemon that evolves while being traded with an item is valuable because of the perceived "effort" required in evolving them

I'll explain my method now for those wanting to get legendaries

3a. If Rhyperior isn't working, offer it for a Milotic and do the above step

Just note you don't have to go through all the steps to get other legendaries. I'm just highlighting the categories by which people seem to respond to.

As for event Pokemon, you'll have to ask people here or try to do random trades with passers-by or acquaintances.

Hehe I've been doing the feebas/mutiscale thing for a bit now lol. Got the birds, the 3 musketeers keldeo aside, regirock and a perfect ditto. The only issue is how hard prism scale are to come by. >_>

Manage to get an Unown and start the chain trades, easiest way possible.

I actually have an Unown, but I don't want to get rid of it. :( Maybe I could get another.. I did trade a Baltoy for it. I think I just have to evolve most of my pokemon to make the numbers increase dranatically.

You only need 70? Do you have any of the stupid evolutions like Gallade or Dusknoir?

I have a Gallade and a Dusclops, along with Reaper's Cloth to change it into Dusknoir.

one_kill

Hehe I've been doing the feebas/mutiscale thing for a bit now lol. Got the birds, the 3 musketeers keldeo aside, regirock and a perfect ditto. The only issue is how hard prism scale are to come by. >_>
People are willing to evolve and trade their Milotic for Pokemon like Rhyperior, which you can easily get by offering an Elekid or Elgyem that you've hatched.

No need to get more prism scales. Just hatch some Elekids or Elgyems and you're good to go :D

Kirlia

Banned
I actually think I only need 70 more, but the lengendaries are going to make things difficult.>.<

I'm partially convinced that Nintendo is delaying Pokemon Bank just to see people struggle with getting legendaries.

...can't wait to start getting them myself. When in doubt, make the Pokemon you're offering on GTS level 100...

ffdgh

People are willing to evolve and trade their Milotic for Pokemon like Rhyperior, which you can easily get by offering an Elekid or Elgyem that you've hatched.

No need to get more prism scales. Just hatch some Elekids or Elgyems and you're good to go :D

Well now that sounds like a plan since I have elekids to spare.

MicH

GTS is iridiculous. Hoped to get an easy Cubchoo.. NOPE. ALL OF THEM WANTS A FREAKING LEGENDARY

FOR A CUBCHOO

GOD DAMN

I'm partially convinced that Nintendo is delaying Pokemon Bank just to see people struggle with getting legendaries.

...can't wait to start getting them myself. When in doubt, make the Pokemon you're offering on GTS level 100...

I believe it.. I need to complete the dex so that I can finally work on my team with no distractions!

CrimsonN0

I have an odd desire of wanting to use an Eviolite Chespin to see how it would work out...

I've kinda wanted to do the same with Grovle.
I have been using a Eviolite Vigoroth sometimes(whose stats are kinda around the middle evos of the starters) and it works out okay.

Why not Quilladin, get that stat boost in addition to Eviolite?

While I like Quilladin more than Chesnaught, I do like Chespin much more than Quilladin so it's mainly just a design decision. It would be pretty neat if Eviolite did make a difference. I'd probably use Chespin to lay down some Spikes or set up Reflect or something.

I've kinda wanted to do the same with Grovle.
I have been using a Eviolite Vigoroth sometimes(whose stats are kinda around the middle evos of the starters) and it works out okay.

So the defense and special defense boost is pretty effective? Those are second stage Pokemon but I hope it's not too bad for first stage Pokemon too. :)

...I am very interested in the notion of Eviolite Quilladin.

Any sets for him rolling in the wild? Quilladin's probably my number one Gen 6 design.

Nah, it's okay. I'll get one eventually. Thanks though

I'm too lazy. But there are a lot of Pokemon I don't have access to or are hard to catch (Cryogonal). I'll get to those eventually

No worries, just offering. False Swipe Zangoose made catching this game easy mode.

What do you mean no more cheap rare candies?

Instead of using PokeMiles to buy cheap rare candies, they're gonna use them to play the Global Link balloon game instead.

Most Pokemon that evolve while being traded with an item is valuable because of the perceived "effort" required in getting them

Just note you don't have to go through all the steps to get other legendaries. I'm just highlighting the categories by which people seem to respond to. As for event Pokemon, you'll have to ask people here or try to do random trades with passers-by or acquaintances.

The method above isn't as effective as it once was. It still works, but it doesn't work as fast in the later stages.

Have you tried putting up previous gen starters? I have all of those and I'm just wondering if I'd get anything good for them.

I have the sudden urge to fill out my Pokedex, lol.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

It's like that guy who started with a pencil and ended up with a house.

Usobuko

Banned
One_kill, Ryge, if you guys haven't receive your darkrai, rest assured I remember your request. My rate of success isn't that stella.

Whoever IGN: Yuki is, I can't remember us having a trade established for the Victini

I appreciate it, but am I supposed to clone it for you? Did you want something specific in return?

Let me know, lol.

That's me sir, keep it. Clone and pass it around to whoever that wants it.

Mega Mawile are the cutest. :D

My man.

So what is everyone's thoughts on the different styles from region to region? I know one thing for certain, I've been cheesed almost exclusively by Japanese players. I've been minimize/sub toxic stalled one too many times and they're always Japanese players. Only encountered the OHKO moves from Japanese players as well (Posion Heal, Toxic, Sub stall Gliscor with Guillotine). And for some reason they go 3/4 when they use it. I think I go swept by a Assault Vest, bulky, Lapras with Sheer Cold. Three uses, three OHKOs. Kill me.

Minimize/Toxic as in Chansey? Yes, I have seen that exclusively from Japanese players. I think that's because most ( Western) people are influenced by Evasion clause or something. As for OHKO, that's true too.

macklelol

Damn, sorry about that disconnect, Crimson. My internet seemed stable today, so I didn't expect my connection to drop, even if it was just a few seconds. That first battle ended up really freaking close, though.

Usobuko

Banned
Mega Alakzam has an excellent design, and trace is a great ability if you can trace the right Pokemon. Tracing Greninja is very satisfying.

I am a bit different on this. I find Mega Alakzam's Trace to be underwhelming. The original version with Magic Guard + Focus Slash can take a Burn/Poison/Weather damage with no detrimental effect to it user set and is ideal for revenge kill.

CrimsonN0

Damn, sorry about that disconnect, Crimson. My internet seemed stable today, so I didn't expect my connection to drop, even if it was just a few seconds. That first battle ended up really freaking close, though.

Yeah, its okay.
We can have rematch or I guess we could join DaBoss in Multi Battle.

I'm not quit sure why I kept Volcarona in. At the very least I should have gone for Rest after Taunt wore off to get rid of the Toxic.

Usobuko

Banned
Any idea how does Gamefreak allows the transfer of items to the next game? Since Pokebank doesn't allow items attached, I sure hope all these Mega Stones can find a way and make it to Pokemon Z or Gen7.

Andrefpvs

Any idea how does Gamefreak allows the transfer of items to the next game? Since Pokebank doesn't allow items attached, I sure hope all these Mega Stones can find a way and make it to Pokemon Z or Gen7.

If Gen IV -> Gen V -> Gen VI is any indication, they probably won't allow item transfer.

Top Bottom