• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

I know. I wasn't paying attention -_-

Now, nobody borrows my games or even touches them else they suffer my wrath.

The biggest things that happened to me that I can remember (related to Pokemon mishaps) were when someone stole my Silver cartridge with a full pokedex (from inside my own house, and with no break-in), and when my "friend" got my event Mew and never gave back.

Same. I know I wouldn't.

Man, I was really crazy when I mailed my Pokemon Y cart to France for the Poke Ball Vivillon. Never again though!

Ok, I'm about to go to bed, but I'll just share this with PokeGAF.

Oh right, lastly there were a lot of people this evening at the event, people of all ages, men, women and children. I saw one dude with 50 carts, yes 50, the guy had like two boxes. I guess people sent him their carts or something because some of the local passerbys were coming up as United States or something. The designated play area is at the entrance of the store, and there was a group of revolving people.

Awesome pics : D

Also, I kind of commented before, but oh man @ the guy with 50 carts. And you didn't tell me had them in boxes... Although I guess how else would he carry them around? o__o

Wow, you must have really trusted the postal service. :O

Mail the game inside a locked box and a key, through one mailing company. That key is used to open another box that have the key for the first box. The second box is sent to the receiver through another company that is not the first one. Boom, problem solved.

KiraFA37

Mail the game inside a locked box and a key, through one mailing company. That key is used to open another box that have the key for the first box. The second box is sent to the receiver through another company that is not the first one. Boom, problem solved.

And now you have 3 times as much chance to lose a box.

789shadow

Banned
The biggest things that happened to me that I can remember (related to Pokemon mishaps) were when someone stole my Silver cartridge with a full pokedex (from inside my own house, and with no break-in), and when my "friend" got my event Mew and never gave back.
This is called "justifiable homicide."

one_kill

Woah, same thing happened to me and my GBC and Gold cart!

Had a "friend" come over during the holidays out of the blue. I invited him in to have morning tea and play games. After he left, I wanted to play my GBC so I started looking for it. I couldn't find it. I didn't suspect him since he was a good "friend". Only found out after he lent it to someone else.

It was a completed dex too!

Muku

Yeah I thought about that, but that is like Diablo item selling shit, also I don't want any PayPal payback issues with flaky people. And the sending carts thing is out of the question for me.

I know it's normal here in Japan to bring out the 3ds and game at a place like this but I wouldn't do what that guy did. X(

I find it crazy he would do that. I've never seen anyone get that crazy with Pokemon distributions.. but then again, not really seen just one PC get the Pokemon. His whole family probably sent them games and stuff. :p

I'm surprised people trust the mail services enough to send their carts overseas.

I know I wouldn't. Especially after having never gotten my Christmas card in 2013 from my dad. Only way I'd even be TEMPTED to is to remove all my worthy Pokemon into Bank, send it out, then pray I get it back. Nothing major lost at that point, except time put into the game. (Though doesn't help with Mega Stones and all I guess.)

Now I'm curious if I'm going to see anything crazy with the Pikachu thing. I imagine the more hard core collectors will be out then, because going on a day Pacifico one will be out as well. Though I imagine with my three 3DS's at the theater, folks probably thought I was a bit crazy. LOL.

Edit: I'd say you could send a copy of a game here lupinko, but then you'd have to trust the mail system. Haha.

Edit: God I hate cicada. So freaking loud when they're right outside your window. Which leads me to think.. it's kind of crazy we haven't seen a Pokemon based around it.
We haven't, have we? I'm horrible at keeping up with bug Pokemon.
Thing is like a symbol of summer in Japan.

Growlie19

Edit: God I hate cicada. So freaking loud when they're right outside your window. Which leads me to think.. it's kind of crazy we haven't seen a Pokemon based around it.
We haven't, have we? I'm horrible at keeping up with bug Pokemon.
Thing is like a symbol of summer in Japan.

The Nincada line are based off of cicadas. Oddly, they have to be bred to learn Bug Buzz.

Muku

The Nincada line are based off of cicadas. Oddly, they have to be bred to learn Bug Buzz.

Ah yeah, completely forgot about Nincada. Bug Pokemon aren't my thing obviously LOL. But they have to be bred to learn Bug Buzz? I don't get GameFreak sometimes.

lupinko

Back again now in the afternoon instead of night. Man this place is packed, many people farming too, and many Koreans too.

Some mother swapped friend codes with me. Lol

Joe was right about these events. And me farming doesn't look weird now.

Muku

Back again now in the afternoon instead of night. Man this place is packed, many people farming too, and many Koreans too.

Think it helps if it's a rare one. Otherwise, things like the event Pokemon and all I didn't see too much crazy activity. Only really crazy day I can recall is going for the Christmas Pokemon.

lupinko

Guy beside me just pulled out a 2ds. Lol

I saw UAE passerby. :O

The 2ds dude is Korean.

Think it helps if it's a rare one. Otherwise, things like the event Pokemon and all I didn't see too much crazy activity. Only really crazy day I can recall is going for the Christmas Pokemon.

Yeah that's true, previous events it wasn't like this at all.

JoeM86

People never really get the magnitude of the events until they go to one like this :)

lupinko

I did well, 5 today and 2 Vivs.

I also bought Diancie. I'll eventually get Darkrai and Victini.

I want Mew and Celebi like this too. :D

Muku

I did well, 5 today and 2 Vivs.

I also bought Diancie. I'll eventually get Darkrai and Victini.

I want Mew and Celebi like this too. :D

The chibi plushies? I'm jealous! The Darkrai is kinda eh. Cheesed out. I wanted the Diancie last time too. Maybe later this month. I only saw the chibi Darkrai, Jirachi (only one), Diancie, and Victini (only a couple).

lupinko

The chibi plushies? I'm jealous! The Darkrai is kinda eh. Cheesed out. I wanted the Diancie last time too. Maybe later this month. I only saw the chibi Darkrai, Jirachi (only one), Diancie, and Victini (only a couple).

Yeah, I'll buy Victini or Darkrai tomorrow. Also the sleeping Pikachu I'll buy since my brother and his wife are expecting their baby in December, I figure it makes a good gift.

Muku

Yeah, I'll buy Victini or Darkrai tomorrow. Also the sleeping Pikachu I'll buy since my brother and his wife are expecting their baby in December, I figure it makes a good gift.

Awww, that sounds like a great idea! Didn't really see any sleeping Pikachu while I was there, in terms of plushies anyway. The Pikachu on my chopsticks is sleeping though. :D

lupinko

Yup, I'll get that first actually since there is only one left from the looks of it.

And everybody from what I noticed was doing the same thing when farming, always picking Fennekin.

Worst evolution line but perfect to get to Santalune first to farm. lol

Yeah, Fennekin is much easier to rush to town 1 with than the other two.

Fennekin also has the best bird but you clearly aren't getting that far. :p

lupinko

Yeah, Fennekin is much easier to rush to town 1 with than the other two.

Fennekin also has the best bird but you clearly aren't getting that far. :p

You online? We can do the swap for the shiny you gave me with the nick, and besides your package, did you also want 5iv starters with egg moves and some with HA? Like Piplup, Turtwig, and Treecko? The non HA are Totodile and Oshawott.

JoeM86

03395.png

D'aww, isn't it adorable?

MegaMelon

03395.png

D'aww, isn't it adorable?

I'm hanging onto the slim chance that we'll somehow get this event like how we got the Draco Meteor Jirachi which was for Tanabata yet they gave it worldwide for no reason. If all else fails though, I KNOW we'll have a Jirachi event for ORAS so I'll still be content with that. Hopefully they'll have move tutors so I can Iron Head spam my way to happiness.

Wanace

Heracross and Pinsir event is ultra lame, I must say.

Why don't they give us something unique like a Surfing Pikachu?

I'm grumpy.

Heracross and Pinsir event is ultra lame, I must say.

Why don't they give us something unique like a Surfing Pikachu?

I'm grumpy.

Nintendo wants to cash in on the people with only one copy of the game and nobody to trade with : P

TBH, I think it's a good step going forward, especially as these Pokemon were massively limited to the Korean VGC prior to this.

But only if they step up the frequency.

lupinko

Yeah it's something exclusive for North America, Asian countries not counting South Korea and PAL regions don't get this event.

Too bad they don't come with their stones, that requires a trip to GameStop. LOL

JoeM86

... I suddenly want to pet my Goundon... seriously Nintendo, Poke-Amie smart-phone app for 5 euros, see our wallets cry.

I had a similar thought. When I saw the PokéTouch trademark, I actually thought it'd be for an iOS app like that. Turned out to be an educational website.

lupinko

Hey guys unless it's physical, going forward I should give Wishmaker Jirachi Water Pulse and Ageto Celebi Water Pulse and Giga Drain?

Hey guys unless it's physical, going forward I should give Wishmaker Jirachi Water Pulse and Ageto Celebi Water Pulse and Giga Drain?

Water Pulse sounds fun for Jirachi, but dunno about Celebi. Might be nice against Fire Pokemon, but it doesn't have the benefit of Serene Grace.

I wish all these online competitions had prizes other than 1000 PokeMiles...
There was one a while back that gave out enigma berry. IIRC they didn't tell anyone until after the competition. I'd have entered for that and I didn't enter (I was later wonder traded an enigma berry so I'm okay there).

Catsup berry would get me to sign up (it is used in battle maison but then again so are unreleased HA...kind of funny seeing Pokemon assigned HA at random messing up AI strategy) so I guess they offer a 1000 pokemiles to avoid having a load of people signing up just for the entry prizes.

JoeM86

There was one a while back that gave out enigma berry. IIRC they didn't tell anyone until after the competition. I'd have entered for that and I didn't enter (I was later wonder traded an enigma berry so I'm okay there).

Catsup berry would get me to sign up (it is used in battle maison but then again so are unreleased HA...kind of funny seeing Pokemon assigned HA at random messing up AI strategy) so I guess they offer a 1000 pokemiles to avoid having a load of people signing up just for the entry prizes.

No, we knew ahead of time and I posted as such.

If I manage to get a shiny Torchic without Speed Boost (my luck is terrible), I could still use it with the Mega Stone, right? Since when he mega evolves he gets Speed Boost?

PS: I'm not talking about high level play / championship matches, just battling amongst friends and randoms.

Top Bottom