• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Thanks.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got my Froakie Shiny, after thousands of eggs, and the motherfucker is not Protean, but Torrent. I want to kill him, so bad. Just to mock me, the batch that he came on were all Proteans. I ended up nicknaming him "useless".

Started to breed for a Torchic shiny, at least the mega will be useful. After that I'll go for a Beldum, since I can't remember another pokemon that I like shiny and is useful that will not make me wanna go break something if I get the wrong ability.

Muku

Thanks.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got my Froakie Shiny, after thousands of eggs, and the motherfucker is not Protean, but Torrent. I want to kill him, so bad. Just to mock me, the batch that he came on were all Proteans. I ended up nicknaming him "useless".

Started to breed for a Torchic shiny, at least the mega will be useful. After that I'll go for a Beldum, since I can't remember another pokemon that I like shiny and is useful that will not make me wanna go break something if I get the wrong ability.

D: So sorry to hear that. ;_; Nothing more heart breaking than getting a Pokemon, especially in a batch of eggs that ALL have their HA, without its HA.

Andrefpvs

There was one a while back that gave out enigma berry. IIRC they didn't tell anyone until after the competition. I'd have entered for that and I didn't enter (I was later wonder traded an enigma berry so I'm okay there).

Catsup berry would get me to sign up (it is used in battle maison but then again so are unreleased HA...kind of funny seeing Pokemon assigned HA at random messing up AI strategy) so I guess they offer a 1000 pokemiles to avoid having a load of people signing up just for the entry prizes.

Catsup berry? That's the first time I'm hearing of it. What is it?

L.O.R.D

Thanks.

that remind me of myself
not once, but twice
i got shiny torrent froakie
and when i finally got one protean froakie , its was 4 IV and bad speed

Jmac71

Thanks.

Same thing just happened to me too. Stupid shiny Torrent Froakie

L.O.R.D

I remember you posting about that. How long did that end up taking you?

about 1200 eggs ( 600 for the first one , 400 for the second one , the 3rd one come unexpected at ~200 or less )

there are all in the bank
i wish i can delete entire , i am too lazy to delete one at a time

i was soo happy when i saw the shiny , i was so happy when i saw the word "protean"
i was too disappointed when i saw its IVs
Son_i_am_disappoint.gif

i was going to cry that moment , but i was with my friends that moment and they comfort me
so i decide to get that cloned shiny greninja 6ivs
i got one
after 2 days i got my own 6IVs shiny froakie protean
named him Black☆Star

never again i am wasting time on breeding like that
i got the powersave to do the job for me
now i only need to breed 6IV pokemon and then shinyfy it

that remind me of myself
not once, but twice
i got shiny torrent froakie
and when i finally got one protean froakie , its was 4 IV and bad speed

Same thing just happened to me too. Stupid shiny Torrent Froakie

Thank guys, I was actually looking forward to it, since I wanted to do a combo and use Greninja to battle and on Smash, but seems like I'll pass that. I will probably try again, but not right now. Trying for a Torchic now, at least if I get a Blaze one the mega stone will be useful.

L.O.R.D

guys
do anyone remember that promotion at pokemon.com in 2005
where it says that xbox 360 is ran out of stores , why not get this gamecube bundle with pokemon xd , or something like that
i am trying to use web.archive.org but it doesn't show everything , the site uses flash back then

lupinko

I got another 5 Jirachi and 2 Pokeballvillon today, also bought the sleeping Pikachu plushie for my future nephew or niece.

I also gave a kid an Ageto Celebi and Wishmaker Jirachi.

He couldn't believe it, and he frantically looked to give me things, even tho I kept saying I didn't need anything. Then I showed him my primary file, complete dex and my Diancie event and also my box of Unburden Treeckos. I told him it didn't matter because I have two 6iv Dittos. Lol

Anyway made a kid happy today, he also had the old Tanabata Jirachi that's level 50 as well as the new Shiny Tanabata. He also said Jirachi is his fave pokemon.

Good times for all.

Awww, those types of kids are so adorable. <3

Oh, and my main 3DS charger is ruined. I should probably go find the other one I have. Thank goodness I have two!

lupinko

I just found out that the Jirachi distribution in South Korea is not for the movie short from XY/Diancie, it's actually for Wishmaker.

Turns out it took ten years for the movie to be properly released for the Korean market. So non Shiny Kalos native 3 31iv guarantee is exclusive to Korea.

Edit: today's trip to the event btw had passerbys from France and Sudan, yes Sudan, WTF.

Masuda smiles upon me:

Magikarp Adamant 31/31/31/06/31/31 *shiny*

I have also locked onto this egg and have a back up of the save. I could use this save to make as many shinies with the above spread as I like.

lupinko

Apparently powersaves Jirachi is august 8, funny how those guys can time travel,

But that gimmick is Celebi tho. :p

Tells me when not to visit my local PC. Lol

Hey for my Wishmaker Jirachi giveaways should I start having Jirachi hold either Ganlon or Sarlac berry like the original event?

JoeM86

Canada got a stroke of luck

Unlike the US, who have to go to Gamestop to get the Heracronite/Pinsirite serial code, they get it through a news letter in the Pokémon Trainer Club, if they have signed up for it.

L.O.R.D

Apparently powersaves Jirachi is august 8, funny how those guys can time travel,

But that gimmick is Celebi tho. :p

Tells me when not to visit my local PC. Lol

Hey for my Wishmaker Jirachi giveaways should I start having Jirachi hold either Ganlon or Sarlac berry like the original event?

weird , they never tell when they release a code
where did you know that ?

Thanks.

I feel for you ;_;

That is exactly the reason why I don't to tempt trying to breed a shiny on a pokemon whose Hidden Ability I want.

I actually just hatched my first shiny yesterday (I have a couple that I caught back in Pearl, this was my first bred) and got really lucky with it. A sniper Skorupi with 4 IVs. Between my Shiny Charm and the Masuda Method, it only took about two boxes of eggs (at least once I got a parent with satisfactory IVs and started breding that for a shiny).

I feel for you ;_;

That is exactly the reason why I don't to tempt trying to breed a shiny on a pokemon whose Hidden Ability I want.

I actually just hatched my first shiny yesterday (I have a couple that I caught back in Pearl, this was my first bred) and got really lucky with it. A sniper Skorupi with 4 IVs. Between my Shiny Charm and the Masuda Method, it only took about two boxes of eggs (at least once I got a parent with satisfactory IVs and started breding that for a shiny).

Thanks for the support, after this run that I'm in now (for a shiny Torchic), I'll probably try a Scyther/Scizor with Technician or a Metagross, since one I can fix if I get the wrong ability (Scizor) and the other has no useful HA (Metagross).

I still don't have the Shiny Charm though, I'm missing some of the cartridges needed (HG/SS, for an example) to complete my dex.

Thanks for the support, after this run that I'm in now (for a shiny Torchic), I'll probably try a Scyther/Scizor with Technician or a Metagross, since one I can fix if I get the wrong ability (Scizor) and the other has no useful HA (Metagross).

I still don't have the Shiny Charm though, I'm missing some of the cartridges needed (HG/SS, for an example) to complete my dex.

I actually got my Shiny Charm a couple months ago, and this was the first time I legitimately made an effort to hatch a shiny. I've just been really indecisive in finding options that both have a cool shiny color scheme and isn't a monster that I want the HA on (and ideally also something that doesn't take a million steps to hatch).

I also got off a bit easy on the Shiny Charm lol; a friend of mine was really going hard for it so he got his hands on, and then swapped me data for, some legendaries and stuff that would've been a much bigger pain for me to get my hands on otherwise.

I actually got my Shiny Charm a couple months ago, and this was the first time I legitimately made an effort to hatch a shiny. I've just been really indecisive in finding options that both have a cool shiny color scheme and isn't a monster that I want the HA on (and ideally also something that doesn't take a million steps to hatch).

I also got off a bit easy on the Shiny Charm lol; a friend of mine was really going hard for it so he got his hands on, and then swapped me data for, some legendaries and stuff that would've been a much bigger pain for me to get my hands on otherwise.

Almost everyone that I know is either gone (stopped playing) or don't have a 3DS, so I'm kinda lone-wolfing for quite some time.

Vilifier

Neo Member
Started playing Pokémon Y a month ago, and defeated the elite 4 and champion yesterday. Reading the above I have not encountered any shiny Pokémon, that will be the next goal to try and breed one.

Muku

Almost everyone that I know is either gone (stopped playing) or don't have a 3DS, so I'm kinda lone-wolfing for quite some time.

Fortunately, to get the shiny charm, event Pokemon (Darkrai, Genesect, Victini, etc.) are not required. However, I'm sure you can find someone willing to trade you data here. :)

Fortunately, to get the shiny charm, event Pokemon (Darkrai, Genesect, Victini, etc.) are not required. However, I'm sure you can find someone willing to trade you data here. :)

Yeah, I'm thankful that they don't ask for the event pokemon, otherwise it would be a lot harder. And I'm also thankful that I managed to get a GAF account too, people here seem to help others more than in other forums that I used to go.

Muku

lupinko, how'd you find out about Powersaves for Jirachi? Bit curious if they plan on doing that with the upcoming Pikachu as well. And date they plan to stick on 'em if so.

Muku

Wow, just got one of the worst Diancie's ever in my time SRing them.

31 / 2-3 / 4-5 / 31 / 31 / 0-1 (Calm)

Gotta power through these couple WCs on my JPN 3DS. Hoping to get them done and out of there before my trip to Yokohama for Pikachu. Still have US Y copy to SR Diancie on still too.

Actually, Diancie SRing wouldn't be so bad if not for all the yapping afterwards.

Man, I guess I'm on a roll. While Horde EV training the Shiny Skorupi I hatched yesterday.... I run into a Shiny Gligar in a horde.

Not bad at all for a catch. Impish with perfect SpDef. I actually just also bred a HA Impish Gligar. Still gonna raise my hatchling for Poison Heal, but once I feel like farming BP for another Razor Fang, I'll probably raise the Shiny (which has Sand Veil) for use on a Sandstorm team or something.

lupinko

For my own Wishmaker and Ageto event giveaways, should I always give them special TMs? Or do that only based on request?

I'm definitely going to have Wishmaker Jirachi hold the same berries.

Right now I give neutral and any non -SpA nature the TMs.

Muku

So, I have a Happy Hour Inkay and a Pokeball Vivillon sitting in my PC trade box. I'm pretty sure at some point I talked to someone who wanted both, because I paired them together. I tend to keep Pokemon together if they're for a person. However, I for the life of me cannot remember who wanted them. I've had them around now for a while. If they were meant for you because we talked about it, please let me know! Otherwise, not sure what to do with them. Trying to clean out my trades box to start somewhat fresh again soon. But most of all, want to get these two to whomever I promised 'em to. :(

lupinko

So, I have a Happy Hour Inkay and a Pokeball Vivillon sitting in my PC trade box. I'm pretty sure at some point I talked to someone who wanted both, because I paired them together. I tend to keep Pokemon together if they're for a person. However, I for the life of me cannot remember who wanted them. I've had them around now for a while. If they were meant for you because we talked about it, please let me know! Otherwise, not sure what to do with them. Trying to clean out my trades box to start somewhat fresh again soon. But most of all, want to get these two to whomever I promised 'em to. :(

That's unrelated to my Inkay that's not a clone right?

Muku

Yes I'm only talking about Inkay no Viv.

I only have one. I cloned a couple Inkay a while back for a couple of people. So, this isn't yours since it's paired with it then. Did we talk about getting you one? If so I apologize. Only have one in box at the moment. But it's cloned. (This is also why stuff needs to go.. still got backlog from months ago where folks never contacted me after the initial one or whatever to get their stuff. Still have several shinies that were set aside for someone. D: )

JoeM86

Still can't believe the Gamescom PokéBall Vivillon is done by Serial Code. Really seems they don't trust the west, even at Gamescom, with distrbution cards anymore :/
PokemonPostcard_Gamescom_mediaplayer_large.jpg

L.O.R.D

what the difference between france PokéBall Vivillon and Gamescom ?
is there other distribution for foe PokéBall Vivillon ?

i already have tons of those

what the difference between france PokéBall Vivillon and Gamescom ?
is there other distribution for foe PokéBall Vivillon ?

Not sure about German and France, but French Poke Ball is in a Cherish Ball and has the OT "Paris".

The Japanese Pokemon Centre one is in a Poke Ball and has the OT "Pokecen" (in Japanese; lazy to type).

So the German one will probably be "Gamescom" and be in either of those two balls. Cherish, maybe?

Still can't believe the Gamescom PokéBall Vivillon is done by Serial Code. Really seems they don't trust the west, even at Gamescom, with distrbution cards anymore :/

I would not be surprised, seeing the carts on Ebay and whatnot.

I bet GAME also got a kick in the balls with their in-store Wi-Fi.

lupinko

Theses two events have done me well so far, I've gotten in return uncloned and legitimate:

South Korea VGC Mega Manectric KOR
South Korea VGC Mega Heracross KOR
South Korea VGC Mega Tyranitar KOR
South Korea Olleh TV Mega Charizard X JPN Bold
Japan Corocoro Mega Charizard X JPN Adamant
Hong Kong XY TV Mega Charizard X ENG - will SR for Adamant
Japan Corocoro Mega Charizard Y ENG - will SR for Timid
Japan Corocoro Garchomp ENG - will SR for Jolly
France Parismillon Pokeball Pattern FRE Timid

Best event ever, until Shiny Christmas Victini happens.

I made that up, but the last Victini event in Japan was the Christmas Victini, which was of course also exclusive to Tohoku. And with the change to Tanabata Jirachi, you would think the same for Victini.

Top Bottom