• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Black and White 2: New Information from Coro Coro

BurntPork

Banned
Where's all this Hoenn bullshit coming from? Expect a remake announcement later this year though

No chance in hell. There's no way two games are coming out with less than a year between them, and I'm positive that they're moving on to Gen 6 and 3DS. They have kits and only two teams, so it's impossible that there's another DS game being made.

Neo Child

Banned
No chance in hell. There's no way two games are coming out with less than a year between them, and I'm positive that they're moving on to Gen 6 and 3DS. They have kits and only two teams, so it's impossible that there's another DS game being made.

pretty sure mainstream pokemon games/remakes have been coming out every year for the past while.

I said annoucement. I could see them announcing them in japan and releasing them early next year. That is certainly possible.

Edit: And you being positive means shit. The very first 3DS games could certainly well be an R/S/E remake. I would actually prefer it that way. The first games of a gneration usually show their inexperience with the hardware while the follows usually display their mastery.

upandaway

hoenn remakes/gen vi/3ds pokemon will likely come out a year after bw2.
Well BW2 come out at an awkward date so they'll probably go a little further into the normal SeptOct/March dates.

It'll give the next games a year + 3 months in Japan, and a good year and a half for international.

beje

Banned
The usual continuity of the Pokémon franchise is upside-down right now with a generation shorter than usual, without remakes, without third version and with direct sequels instead wich are more than half a year ahead from the usual schedule so really anything can happen. Even if it's unlikely, I'd vote for the 6th Gen to be started with R/S remakes for 3DS.

If they keep this new schedule where Japan and the West releases are just 3-4 months away, I think we could get R/S remakes in 6th Gen form in Summer/Fall 2013, Fall 2013/Spring 2014 if they go back to the norm. Remember they can't leave the 3DS without its Pokémon fix for too long if they don't want both the franchise and the console to lose the spotlight.

Edit: it also looks like Gen 5 will also be the only one without home console entries in any form at all. I guess the connectivity options plus the Pokémon Global Link are now good enough to justify not having one, but still...

BurntPork

Banned
pretty sure mainstream pokemon games/remakes have been coming out every year for the past while.

I said less than a year, and none released last year (in Japan).

I said annoucement. I could see them announcing them in japan and releasing them early next year. That is certainly possible.

Edit: And you being positive means shit. The very first 3DS games could certainly well be an R/S/E remake. I would actually prefer it that way. The first games of a gneration usually show their inexperience with the hardware while the follows usually display their mastery.

That would still be less than a year, which has never happened for good reason. And if they're going to continue Gen 5 on 3DS anyway, what's the point of B2/W2 being on DS? This all sounds like wishful thinking on your part. No way will Game Freak take the chance of cutting B2/W2's sales short and causing franchise fatigue.

Gamefreak usually gives each main game/pair some room to sell before announcing the next one, so I'm expecting something next year, given that 3DS will have been out two years by then.

Main games after RBY have come out within that amount of time (1 - 1.5 years) for new portables, but to be honest, DS has been unnusual due to its extreme popularity. In any case, it would be very unusual for 3DS to not have an announcement by early next year.

OMG HOW DID HE GET IT SO EARLY POST VIDS NAO

I'm thinking that another reason GF is taking so long is that they are working through changing their dev process/world design more towards 3D, from way back in DP, which resulted in them using their games as sort of 'tech demos' for how they are moving forward.

For example, DP was them working with 3D for the first time, so they pretty much did just environments first, and even then they were sort of rough 3D ("3D on 2D planes"), with the area design reflecting this. HGSS was them working with improving their 3D directing (giving the Lugia/Ho-oh vids as example). BW was them working with an environment that took greater advantage of 3D, with better camera work on the overworld, and in battles, as well as them experimenting with better directed videos, and better directed story scenes as well. The UI of the games could be seen as them testing out how to use the 3DS API (since it's probable that they will end Gen 5 on DS).

Pokedex 3D was them testing out the modeling of Pokemon for use on the 3DS (Creatures has been doing 3D modeling for every game up until now, so I guess they'll take on this work as well). And I suppose the next 'enhanced' version is them showing the work they did for the other 493 Pokemon. AR Searcher could be them figuring out how to use the models through AR in the environment, in addition to the 'cards on the table' for Dex 3D.

Anyway, I'm sure they wanted to go 3D earlier, but didn't do so out of quality reasons (everyone knows about DS 3D, ugh). At least we got sweet sprite work in the meantime...

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
The only problem I have with 3D is that it feels like every gen, the camera angle in relation to the ground is getting lower and lower to better see the 3D models. There were multiple instances when I couldn't tell if there was a path behind a tree or not, because you almost cannot see behind it. Really frustrating.

udivision

The only problem I have with 3D is that it feels like every gen, the camera angle in relation to the ground is getting lower and lower to better see the 3D models. There were multiple instances when I couldn't tell if there was a path behind a tree or not, because you almost cannot see behind it. Really frustrating.

But if they fully embraced 3D, the camera would/could be dynamic. There half in half out is hurting them.

Something I always wanted was to have the sort of sweeping camera the original Golden Sun games where it would sweep from place to place and highlight your attacks.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I would vastly prefer it if Hoenn was tacked on to this game rather than give it a remake of its own.

He need to bombarde his ass requesting this feature. Jesus christ. It's so minimal and yet so cool to have your favorite pokemon walking behind you. Dragonite used to be my favorite pokemon and then Scrafty came along.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I actually want straight-up R/S remakes.

Hoenn is my second favorite region after Kanto, And even then I feel kanto may only be my favorite region out of nostalgia.

Haters gonna hate

Neo Child

Banned
I actually want straight-up R/S remakes.

Hoenn is my second favorite region after Kanto, And even then I feel kanto may only be my favorite region out of nostalgia.

Haters gonna hate

Samesers, favourite music is when you first find the guy who is chasing his Peeko. And Slateport music <3

LeleSocho

Banned
The secret of the new male character revealed

OLRv6.jpg

Salsa

hey guys, just wanna say that GameFreak managed to announce a Pokemon game that.. doesnt make me as excited as with any other previous installment.

something is wrong with either them or me

Top Bottom