• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Black and White 2: New Information from Coro Coro

Samesers, favourite music is when you first find the guy who is chasing his Peeko. And Slateport music <3

Hell yeah! Love that Slateport music! Gimme R/S remakes nao!

I sometimes do wonder about the relationship between Nintendo & GF, and how much influence they really wield. Out of all of Nintendo's franchises, I'd say Pokemon has gone through the least amount of changes/innovation in the last 15 years. And Nintendo rarely talk about it at E3, they seem to keep Pokemon fairly seperate.

My guess is that whilst the sales figures stay good, they're happy to let GF do their own thing. (and really, would you want to interfere with a company whose main games easily sell 10 million without breaking a sweat?)

Hell yeah! Love that Slateport music! Gimme R/S remakes nao!

I sometimes do wonder about the relationship between Nintendo & GF, and how much influence they really wield. Out of all of Nintendo's franchises, I'd say Pokemon has gone through the least amount of changes/innovation in the last 15 years. And Nintendo rarely talk about it at E3, they seem to keep Pokemon fairly seperate.

My guess is that whilst the sales figures stay good, they're happy to let GF do their own thing. (and really, would you want to interfere with a company whose main games easily sell 10 million without breaking a sweat?)

Pretty much. Pokemon, much like Dragon Quest, marches to the beat of its own drum.

not really, it includes just these games.

they weird me out.

What weirds you out about them?

Salsa

What weirds you out about them?

I dont.. know

the idea of another story on this world doesnt grab me that much for some reason, and i really enjoyed the story stuff in B&W, specially N.

Its either too soon since i stopped playing White (put on it as many un-healthy hours as with any other Pokemon game), or the 3DS release and the fact that since they were changing things up a bit i expected something amazing for a first 3DS Pokemon game (and i dont even own a 3DS yet), wasnt expecting another DS game (yet they're saving me money for now).

I'll play the shit out of this, of course, but it doesnt feel as big as id like it to feel.

I dont.. know

the idea of another story on this world doesnt grab me that much for some reason, and i really enjoyed the story stuff in B&W, specially N.

Its either too soon since i stopped playing White (put on it as many un-healthy hours as with any other Pokemon game), or the 3DS release and the fact that since they were changing things up a bit i expected something amazing for a first 3DS Pokemon game (and i dont even own a 3DS yet), wasnt expecting another DS game (yet they're saving me money for now).

I'll play the shit out of this, of course, but it doesnt feel as big as id like it to feel.
Well, just think of it as one of the usual 3rd versions (they were probably gonna end it on the DS anyway), except better.

Also, wow you're back, welcome

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I dont.. know

Oh, Welcome back. I didn't realize that you got unbanned recently. Felt weird without you in some thread.

Wiseblade

I dont.. know

You're back! It feels like you've been gone forever.

Salsa

oh thanks for the welcome duders, didnt see this before.

I guess i'll become increasingly excited as more stuff reveals. Just not the usual OMG first impression i tend to get.

I fucking hate magnemite.

... but
8hOEi.png
!

Kyzer

Banned
Something about this mix of Pokemon seems much more on point than Gen IV. ... maybe because Gen IV just seemed so weird.

survivor

Banned
So if this second region talk is real, do you guys think they will reveal it in May's issue of Coro Coro or will it be June right before the game's release date.

So if this second region talk is real, do you guys think they will reveal it in May's issue of Coro Coro or will it be June right before the game's release date.

I reckon it'll be the June issue if they reveal it beforehand at all.

IIRC, the Sevii Islands were only revealed about a week prior to FRLG's Japanese launch.

Neo Child

Banned
You know both of those are going to make it in...

In other news, Buizel is awesome. I might attempt to rebuild my Platinum team in this one...

Buizel is just the best damn thing. Recently restarted my Pokemon White save, should probly continue it.

FUCK TENTACOOL OR ZUBAT OR GEODUDE. Christ, i dont think i hate any pokemon more.

Woobats and Jellicent are awesome though, much better looking 'mons and not annoying.

Theorymon

There's a scan showing Regigigas as being in, too.

Not too much of a stretch to say the other Regis might be present too.

Woah woah woah, do you mean some sort of magazine scan like corocoro, or do you mean screens from Pokemon Smash? Because I've never seen any sort of Regigigas screen in BW2 corocoro stuff (unless it was some sort of VGC section that I didn't pay attention to). If it was on Corocoro, which one was it? (btw don't link to it obviously, I just want to be sure this actually exists!)

Woah woah woah, do you mean some sort of magazine scan like corocoro, or do you mean screens from Pokemon Smash? Because I've never seen any sort of Regigigas screen in BW2 corocoro stuff (unless it was some sort of VGC section that I didn't pay attention to). If it was on Corocoro, which one was it? (btw don't link to it obviously, I just want to be sure this actually exists!)

It was a scan from what I think is essentially a Coro Coro advert; a pamphlet, basically.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
To compile a list of all non Gen 5 pokemon known so far:
Banette
Buizel
Flaffy
Growlithe
Koffing
Magby
Magnemite
Sewaddle
Sunkern
Swablu

Rumored:
Regigas and the Regi trio.

Sewaddle is Gen 5.

Not sure why Flaaffy is a big deal, Mareep was confirmed a while ago so I'm pretty sure its evolutions are as well.

Sewaddle is Gen 5.

Not sure why Flaaffy is a big deal, Mareep was confirmed a while ago so I'm pretty sure its evolutions are as well.
oops.....................

Yeah, idk either. I saw it in other footage but I thought it perhaps didn't register with other people or they didn't see it.

To compile a list of all non Gen 5 pokemon known so far:
Banette
Buizel
Flaffy
Growlithe
Koffing

Magby
Magnemite
Sewaddle
Sunkern
Swablu

Rumored:
Regigas and the Regi trio.

Riolu/Lucario
Eevee/Eeveelutions
Buneary/Lopunny
Beldum/Metang/Metagross
Psyduck/Golduck
Lapras
Sneasel/Weavile
Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar

Pretty good lineup so far.

Those little girls...weren't animated. I wonder what trainers actually are because the one shown in the first trailer definitely wasn't a rival, or important NPC...

Those little girls...weren't animated. I wonder what trainers actually are because the one shown in the first trailer definitely wasn't a rival, or important NPC...
Actually, they cut out the entrance part, probably to hide the animation. Note that the video jumps forward right after the encounter.

Buttons

Psyduck is the best. And with Surf he is usually pretty strong, at least for a few gyms. Then my other Pokemon evolve and become stronger. But Psyduck is cute so he gets to stay. ^-^

Top Bottom