• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Black & White (Thread #3) - Seasons, Infinite-use TMs, Deru Powah, and More

BlueWord

Reading this thread has really opened my eyes. I'd never have believed people past the age of six watched the Pokemon anime.

On a serious note, can there just be an official Pokemon anime thread, or something?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/

ctrl+f lyre

dun dun dun

he's not on

argh.gif
Lyre!!

Akainu

udivision said:
Too bad Pokemon didn't have a good first season like some other shows back then...

Then it just wouldn't be nostalgia we could fall back on. Maybe some actual substance.
You don't need to hide it. The Digimon anime is better than Pokemon's. :lol

Anth0ny

I don't understand the argument.

Early Pokemon had Gary Oak.

Recent Pokemon does not.

Therefore, the early shit was amazing.

Am I missing something?

*ahem*...Anyway, as 'revealed' today (yesterday), Battle Subway really is just a train version of Battle Tower, with Subway Master == Tower Tycoon.

Other than that, what are people's plans on the topic of spoiling oneself on the game?

Personally, I may peruse the full list of new pokes on release day, then promptly forget all about the main plot, gameplay, etc. of the games until next year. Hopefully I won't get spoiled on neat surprises (like the
GB Player
in HGSS).

Try to hold back on the anime bumps and mentioning the d-word, I don't enjoy staring at creepy Diglett pictures all the time -_-;

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Anth0ny said:

Recent Pokemon does not.

Am I missing something?

Gary was in two eps of DP but he didn't really do anything. :/ Real waste of a cameo.

udivision

Anth0ny said:
Recent Pokemon does not.
Am I missing something?

Well, when you go back to Pokemon you realize it wasn't good. This isn't true for Batman:TAS, Animaniacs, and even some other anime from our childhood. That's the "argument" I guess.

EDIT: Maybe talking about the Pokemon show period in this thread shouldn't be allowed. Not only does it suck, it's simply not the game and not completely relevant to the thread.

ColtraineGF said:
*ahem*...Anyway, as 'revealed' today (yesterday), Battle Subway really is just a train version of Battle Tower, with Subway Master == Tower Tycoon.

Other than that, what are people's plans on the topic of spoiling oneself on the game?
Subway master? does he make me a sandwich if i beat him ?

I'm probably gonna end up doing the same thing i did with dp, look at the list of pokemon, decide a team based on the ones i think look good, end up forgetting most of the pokemon by the time the american version hits, try to make my team and then find out some of those pokemon i liked suck.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
udivision said:
EDIT: Maybe talking about the Pokemon show period in this thread shouldn't be allowed. Not only does it suck, it's simply not the game and not completely relevant to the thread.

I think with how strongly the new anime seasons tie into the game, that there should definitely be some discussion of that allow. But as for nostalgia hoes, yeah, that kind of talk should probably be its own thread.

udivision

Andrex said:
I think with how strongly the new anime seasons tie into the game, that there should definitely be some discussion of that allow. But as for nostalgia hoes, yeah, that kind of talk should probably be its own thread.

But has any detail from the Best Wishes anime enlightened us about the game?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
NPCs and Pokemon routinely debut in the anime as well. It's a key component if we want to stay up to date on news.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'd be in favour of an anime discussion thread were it not for the fact that it would be dead except for the sudden gym battle rush every six months.

It would be a really boring thread.

Regulus Tera said:
I'd be in favour of an anime discussion thread were it not for the fact that it would be dead except for the sudden gym battle rush every six months.

It would be a really boring thread.

From what I read, it says that the new anime will be streamlined. More battles, less filler/fluff I guess?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
MidnightScott said:
From what I read, it says that the new anime will be streamlined. More battles, less filler/fluff I guess?
You're too optimistic.

Diamond and Pearl took the four years of the entire gen too finish in a rush, even skipping one of Ash's league matches. They're gonna milk the fuck outta this gen, like always.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
MidnightScott said:

Well yeah, GameFreak's probably told them "don't BS so much in Isshu, we're planning 3DS Pokemans in three years."

Okay...to bring us back on topic.

Two more weeks I believe before Gen 5 comes to us! :D

I'm super excited for what's on these games. It seems as though secrets behind much of the games have been cleverly held tight for months, and i'm very relieved to know i'll have my (and everyone else's of course) questions answered.

I'm hoping they reveal Desukan before the games release but...signs are pointing to "no". :/

...Perhaps Desukan is one of those pokemon you catch mid-game, and GF wants to keep it a bit anonymous and reveal only early wild pokemon?

Anyways, with that, has anyone seen that new rumor on a "psychic dolphin"?

Sounds pretty cool.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
udivision said:
But has any detail from the Best Wishes anime enlightened us about the game?
Though it wasn't an official release, that character sheet from the anime was our first look at Kibago, fuzzy bat and two of the starter mid-evos.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Maybe just limit the anime discussion to the new stuff, since even though they appear in the game they are rarely connected.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Galactic Quail said:
Pocketto Monsta... *Dramatic Pause* ...Grrey.

20.9.12 START

Those silly Japanese, there is no 20th month.

Also gray > grey. CSS uses gray so I'm obviously right.

ReiGun

Kinda random interjection: The Safari Zone is the biggest fucking scam in the whole Pokemon Universe. Spend 500 pokebucks to maybe catch some rare pokemon in a "game" where my only weapons are mud and some bait? Seriously? I hope that it doesnt come back in B/W.

hope they let me purchase Stones at the Market.
I wanted a Poliwrath in Soul Silver. But fuck that bug contest. The stones you get are random. Still I got one on my first try I think, but that was after I beat the game.

Top Bottom