• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Black & White (Thread #3) - Seasons, Infinite-use TMs, Deru Powah, and More

SaintZ

beje said:
9uzcF.jpg
Oh Christ indeed O__O

Shiggie

Pokemon Rumors from Pokejungle.
Code:
Terephin

Dolphin Pokemon
Type: Water/Psychic
Abilities: Hydration or Soundproof
Attacks: Uproar, Water Gun, Confusion, and Sonar*
Appearance: Dolphin with two pearls rotating around it’s head
* New Attack: Sonar prevents lowering of accuracy (presumably for 5 turns)
Shirokkuma

Polar Bear Pokemon
Type: Ice/Fighting
Abilities: Anger Point or Snow Camouflage [Could also be 'Snow Pocket']
Attacks: Blizzard, Snow Blind*, Snowfall**,  Seismic Toss
*New Attack: Snow Blind can be used while the Snow weather effect is occurring, lowers opponents accuracy
**New Attack: Snowfall activates the Snow weather effect.  It lasts 5 turns and raises the power of Ice-type attacks
Heiguru

Honor Pokemon
Type: Normal/Flying
Abilities: Keen Eye or Invigorate
Attacks: Sand-Attack, Peck, Leer
Speculation: Could be related to Wargle just because of the similar name endings and their species of pokemon are very similar (Honor vs Valor).
Majissuka

Long Ear Pokemon
Type: Normal
Ability: Cute charm
Attacks: Body Slam, Heal Bell, Revealing Ears*, Take Down
Evolves from Tabunne with Moon Stone
*New Attack: Revealing Ears will tell you the next pokemon your opponent will switch to during a rotation battle
Alright, done with that!  I translated everything myself just to make sure there was nothing left out.  I didn’t want to just copy the work Sabonea Masukippa did either (who originally found it).

Ondore

Calling BS on another weather effect, especially given the source. They'd just buff Hail if they wanted to add the damage boost or a defense+.

Galang

Banned
Don't want to believe in the rumors, dolphin + polar bear sounds too good to be true. :D There was discussion on there not being a dolphin pokemon just a while ago too!

Shiggie said:
This makes no logical sense.

Ooops, I meant Gabite! Last season he oddly caught an Aipom near the end of the 3rd generation, which ended up being because of it's new evolution. So I meant maybe Gible could be in a similar situation, used just for a marketing ploy for B&W. Although it wasn't caught as late, but eh there's no news lately so I had to think of something. :lol

Shiggie

Galang said:
Ooops, I meant Gabite! Last season he oddly caught an Aipom near the end of the 3rd generation, which ended up being because of it's new evolution. So I meant maybe Gible could be in a similar situation, used just for a marketing ploy for B&W. Although it wasn't caught as late, but eh there's no news lately so I had to think of something. :lol
Oh, that makes sense:).

DarkWish

PokeJungle is absolutely worthless for rumors now, they've posted waaaaay too many false rumors so far. The only reason to even consider them is if another site, like PokeBeach, posts them as well. So I wouldn't trust that at all.

Shiggie

DarkWish said:
PokeJungle is absolutely worthless for rumors now, they've posted waaaaay too many false rumors so far. The only reason to even consider them is if another site, like PokeBeach, posts them as well. So I wouldn't trust that at all.
The thing about rumors, they're only rumors when they're unconfirmed, so thats whats fun about em.
And every fan site posts "false" rumors.

Sorry for bumping this thread but, I'm starting to notice a lot of Hoen pokemon appearing in DP league arc. Anyone think there might be a RSE remake?

udivision

vectorman06 said:
Sorry for bumping this thread but, I'm starting to notice a lot of Hoen pokemon appearing in DP league arc. Anyone think there might be a RSE remake?
Fire Red, Leaf Grean, Heart Gold, Soul Silver...

Will they remake RS? It'd be unprecedented.

Shiggie said:
The thing about rumors, they're only rumors when they're unconfirmed, so thats whats fun about em.
Theres nothing "fun" about someone posting ass-pull "rumors" so that they can get more hits on their site. Really, thats what they do over there . . .
And when the bigger sites like Serebii/ Bulba/ pokebeach post a fake its after doing a good bit of research/ is a pretty good fake atleast.

Aggrotek

I think some of these new Pokemon look ridiculous. The Luvdisc evo looks worse than Luvdisc.

Then again, I didn't care for many in D/P.

When Pokemon was first released, didn't everyone watch the cartoon that came on? That was half the fun, to watch it, then after the episode turn on your gameboy and play. Or play with the cards. But know its just stupid. I cant even get past the horrible Intro music. They make it seem so bad. Still I love Pokemon, well the games at least. Still I see room for massive improvement
new Gaffer, welcome me.

Gravijah

Electricb7 said:
When Pokemon was first released, didn't everyone watch the cartoon that came on? That was half the fun, to watch it, then after the episode turn on your gameboy and play. Or play with the cards. But know its just stupid. I cant even get past the horrible Intro music. They make it seem so bad. Still I love Pokemon, well the games at least. Still I see room for massive improvement
new Gaffer, welcome me.

1213380-1204766381-catuar3.gif

ILikeFeet

Banned
Electricb7 said:
new Gaffer, welcome me.

no

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Electricb7 said:
new Gaffer, welcome me.
You're not a kid anymore. That's life.

Electricb7 said:
new Gaffer, welcome me.
Uhh, ok :p

Anyway, yeah, the anime became all types of shitty. :/

But they seem to want to bring it back to how it was in the first season with BW (more funny abstract anime expressions, Ash and Pikachu seemed to have way more personality in that lil preview then I remember remember in a LONG time and so on ) so I'm looking forward to it!

Salsa

Again: if you want to experience Pokemon besides the game and enjoy it, read the manga, specially first volumes.

KtSlime

SalsaShark said:
I like to imagine that text reading something like "now with prettier new eyes!!!"

Might as well say that, what it actually says isn't much better "A feeling of forceful power and speed!!".

I haven't been paying attention, but they are revamping the show again right?

SalsaShark said:
Again: if you want to experience Pokemon besides the game and enjoy it, read the manga, specially first volumes.
The first volumes are the only good ones from what I can see. The DP ones are complete BS. :/

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Shiggie said:
Pokemon Rumors from Pokejungle.
Code:
Terephin

Dolphin Pokemon
Type: Water/Psychic
Abilities: Hydration or Soundproof
Attacks: Uproar, Water Gun, Confusion, and Sonar*
Appearance: Dolphin with two pearls rotating around it’s head
* New Attack: Sonar prevents lowering of accuracy (presumably for 5 turns)
Shirokkuma

Polar Bear Pokemon
Type: Ice/Fighting
Abilities: Anger Point or Snow Camouflage [Could also be 'Snow Pocket']
Attacks: Blizzard, Snow Blind*, Snowfall**,  Seismic Toss
*New Attack: Snow Blind can be used while the Snow weather effect is occurring, lowers opponents accuracy
**New Attack: Snowfall activates the Snow weather effect.  It lasts 5 turns and raises the power of Ice-type attacks
Heiguru

Honor Pokemon
Type: Normal/Flying
Abilities: Keen Eye or Invigorate
Attacks: Sand-Attack, Peck, Leer
Speculation: Could be related to Wargle just because of the similar name endings and their species of pokemon are very similar (Honor vs Valor).
Majissuka

Long Ear Pokemon
Type: Normal
Ability: Cute charm
Attacks: Body Slam, Heal Bell, Revealing Ears*, Take Down
Evolves from Tabunne with Moon Stone
*New Attack: Revealing Ears will tell you the next pokemon your opponent will switch to during a rotation battle
Alright, done with that!  I translated everything myself just to make sure there was nothing left out.  I didn’t want to just copy the work Sabonea Masukippa did either (who originally found it).

This is fake, fyi.

Salsa

Black-Wind said:
The first volumes are the only good ones from what I can see. The DP ones are complete BS. :/

Yeah first arc is great. The rest is still better than the anime though. Not really worth reading, but like i said, if you need your pokemon-in-another-media fix, this is certainly better.

Black-Wind said:
Uhh, ok :p

Anyway, yeah, the anime became all types of shitty. :/

But they seem to want to bring it back to how it was in the first season with BW (more funny abstract anime expressions, Ash and Pikachu seemed to have way more personality in that lil preview then I remember remember in a LONG time and so on ) so I'm looking forward to it!
Not so sure about that. If they wanted it to be like the older episodes then shouldn't they get ride of Ash? When he first started he was inexperienced and was learning along the way, building his strengths over time. He really knew nothing, didn't even realize the most basic things without Misty and Brock. Now he's just some guy who has to teach the countless Misty replacements how to do Pokemon Contests and whatnot.
Leading up to now, he has not only been in most situations but he has also been in the most extreme of situations. He has beatin every Gym leader he has ever met, he has assembled a team of really strong Pokemon,then puts them back in Oaks house for some dumb reason, he has seen every Legendary Pokemon, been through time, etc. What can surprise him? How is he even being challenged, even with a new team of Pokemon to start with, he should just breeze through anything.
It just doesn't feel the same.
Ash is and Icon, almost as recognizable as Pikachu, but still. Where is the excitement?
But I do know that they will never get ride of Ash and Pikachu. money talks I suppose.

Firestorm

Electricb7 said:
new Gaffer, welcome me.
I started with the game actually. Didn't have cable. My friends always talked about it at school though :(

I did eventually start watching when some cheap cable promo got my parents to subscribe. I still remember that one day where we got a full day marathon of new episodes of Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z, Digimon, and Monster Rancher. The best day of TV ever :)

Of course I can't stand the show at this point. Even the older episodes were terrible, but as a kid I loved it.

All they need to do is animate the manga and I'd be all over that.

Gravijah

Firestorm said:
I started with the game actually. Didn't have cable. My friends always talked about it at school though :(

I did eventually start watching when some cheap cable promo got my parents to subscribe. I still remember that one day where we got a full day marathon of new episodes of Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z, Digimon, and Monster Rancher. The best day of TV ever :)

Of course I can't stand the show at this point. Even the older episodes were terrible, but as a kid I loved it.

All they need to do is animate the manga and I'd be all over that.

they should make a game based on the manga

wouldn't that be cool

yeeeeeeeeeah

man, i can't decide whether to import or not, on one hand i really dont want to wait 7 months and on the other if i get this none of the other games i'm getting will get played. As for the anime i think there is nothing they can do to recapture the magic of the first season.they can't get rid of ash cause he's so iconic and as long as ash and friends stay it'll stay as boring and stale as it has become.

DoomXploder7 said:
man, i can't decide whether to import or not, on one hand i really dont want to wait 7 months and on the other if i get this none of the other games i'm getting will get played. As for the anime i think there is nothing they can do to recapture the magic of the first season.they can't get rid of ash cause he's so iconic and as long as ash and friends stay it'll stay as boring and stale as it has become.

There is no real magic in the first season. Take off the nostalgia glasses.

Electricb7 said:
Not so sure about that. If they wanted it to be like the older episodes then shouldn't they get ride of Ash? When he first started he was inexperienced and was learning along the way, building his strengths over time. He really knew nothing, didn't even realize the most basic things without Misty and Brock. Now he's just some guy who has to teach the countless Misty replacements how to do Pokemon Contests and whatnot.
Leading up to now, he has not only been in most situations but he has also been in the most extreme of situations. He has beatin every Gym leader he has ever met, he has assembled a team of really strong Pokemon,then puts them back in Oaks house for some dumb reason, he has seen every Legendary Pokemon, been through time, etc. What can surprise him? How is he even being challenged, even with a new team of Pokemon to start with, he should just breeze through anything.
It just doesn't feel the same.
Ash is and Icon, almost as recognizable as Pikachu, but still. Where is the excitement?
But I do know that they will never get ride of Ash and Pikachu. money talks I suppose.
I understand that, and yeah, its hard to repress the past (I still can't fucking get over Pikachu losing to a Eleckid just because it happened to be the start of a new season when he just beasted a few episodes before) but theres no going back in these regards. We would just be getting a Ash replacement if Ash wasn't there and its not too fun to see the same "ohhh, this is how you catch Pokemon?" developments in the main character every season. (sure, they could go many different routes. But I don't think it would be fun seeing a brand new character go from how Ash was in the first episode over and over again)

What REALLY made the first season so great wasn't just the fact that Ash knew jack shit about anything and was learning along the way, it was the fact that these characters (Ash and Pikachu and some of the other Pokemon) had . . . character. Pikachu was always filling up the background with his subplots and mischief making well Ash acted like he had some form of a personality. Excited over shit, acting pretty silly of stupid and being short tempered.

That has ALL gone at this point. Ash has just been a "big brother" type, a lifeless bore who just does a gym battle and catches a pokemon here and there. Pikachu is just . . . there. He doesn't do shit . . . he is just the straight man of the group of Pokemon that are with him.

But that could be changing now. They seem to really want to make this a refresh for the anime, giving Ash new eyes and showing some clear links to the first season. And on top of that we have this preview that really gets me excited personally. Both Ash and Pikachu seem to have a brand new life to them. Anime expressions, Pikachu not being a happy lil bore (he doesn't seem pleased with Iris flicking his cheeks and he looks like he was up to some mischief with all those boxes dropping on his head), Ash actively going after a random Pokemon that doesn't seem like it had any story to it, Ash just throwing a Pokeball at something out of no where just because it looks like a Pokemon (Iris's hair . . . been YEARS since I last saw him do that).

Thats what they failed at before, they made Ash a side character/ big brother to the female newb, forcing him to grow up and be less youthful/ silly. They seem to want to bring that back and seeing how Iris has a dragon type already/ swings from trees I don't think she will be the new Dawn/ May cause she can't be a newb in the same regards.

OK, that was WAY too long for a post about the Pokemon anime! o_O
Later.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I doubt I'll like Best Wishes very much.

Sinnoh arc was almost too good. Lots of good eps. It wasn't perfect, but it was still very enjoyable.

Obsessed said:

magic was probably the wrong word to use, i have no real nostalgia for the original pokemon stuff(heck gen 4 is probably my favorite set of pokemon) sans the opinion that the first season is better than the current anime seasons, i can accept that it's probably just because i watched the original as a kid.

Brazil

Obsessed said:
Of course there is. It was fresh and interesting, it hadn't been done before. Watching the Pokémon you captured in your Game Boy show up in the "big" screen back then was magical.

Things have to be good to become popular, you know.

Maybe the feeling caused by today's anime to the younglings who are only getting into the franchise nowadays is the same, but, from what I've watched of the recent (and by "recent" I mean the GBA generation, so maybe things have changed by now) episodes, they all just cling onto the first and second season's ideas. There's nothing really new or exciting in them, while back then every episode showed new stuff.

Brazil

Anth0ny said:
I think you're forgetting someone.

DXb2h.jpg
It always bothered me how people forget that the anime states clearly in many moments that the Badges Ash earn aren't the only ones in the region.

Andrex said:
:lol Is that so...
Well, in some way. You may not like, say, some kind of music, but if it is popular, it has its merits that certain groups of people value.

Either that or mind control. :lol

Brazil

Gravijah said:
I hate that every single Pokemon related "joke" always involves the anime. Fuckin' nostalgia lovin' bitches.
No one jokes around with the Pokémon games.

udivision

Too bad Pokemon didn't have a good first season like some other shows back then...

Then it just wouldn't be nostalgia we could fall back on. Maybe some actual substance.

Gravijah

HEY WHEN'S ANGEMON GONNA APPEAR

Top Bottom