• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Black & White (Thread #3) - Seasons, Infinite-use TMs, Deru Powah, and More

Firestorm said:
I am more excited for VGC '11 rules than for Black & White JP release.

You're crazy if you think VGC '11 ruleset is more exciting. The only question is really what format it's going to be (double, triple, or rotation). Aside from that, we can safely say it'll be level 50, no event Pokemon allowed, item clause, no Sleep clause, and probably no ubers.

B&W is way more intense with new Pokemon, new moves, etc.

Firestorm

Little Green Yoda said:
You're crazy if you think VGC '11 ruleset is more exciting. The only question is really what format it's going to be (double, triple, or rotation). Aside from that, we can safely say it'll be level 50, no event Pokemon allowed, item clause, no Sleep clause, and probably no ubers.

B&W is way more intense with new Pokemon, new moves, etc.
I really want to know Triples / Doubles! Also I'm just hoping we have a sim out by then =P B&W JP doesn't do much for me if I can't play on it. Just read :(

Firestorm said:
I really want to know Triples / Doubles! Also I'm just hoping we have a sim out by then =P B&W JP doesn't do much for me if I can't play on it. Just read :(

But then it's perfect for theorymon :lol . If there aren't too many new critical egg moves for "older" Pokemon, breeding in current games should keep me busy until B&W releases here!

Gravijah

All JP BW release means for me is that it's time to go on serious blackout and to to stay away from PokeGAF until US release.

Anth0ny

Anyone who's avoiding the Japanese release has the patience of a saint. I don't know about you guys, but I've been playing through the Japanese version since Gold (found it at a store back in the day). It wasn't easy at first, but as long as you pay attention to the attack animations and PP, you pretty much knew what attacks you were using. For Items, I would write the first Japanese character on a piece of paper, and write it's corresponding item in English beside it to remember :lol

Then, Gen 3 came along, and there were color coded attack type and item icons everywhere. Gen 4 was a breeze, and 5 shouldn't be any different.

I'm hyped :D
I need something to do, especially since there's no One Piece in September =(

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
^ When are you two going to get a room already?

Anth0ny said:
Anyone who's avoiding the Japanese release has the patience of a saint.
Importing an RPG that is guaranteed to be localized in the near future anyway is a level of consumer whoredom that I am nowhere near approaching, even though I'm confident that my Japanese is good enough to get by in a game like Pokemon. Heck, I still think coming back for the third version of every generation is pushing it. Don't even get me started on you freaks who double dip for both versions of each new release.

Besides, there's a possibility that the US release will fix some battle glitches like the case was for gen 4, and it's almost certain that import copies will be prohibited in VGC11 anyway just like they were this year.

TheOGB

Banned
I haven't been keeping up with that game (like I was supposed to be doing) in...

I don't think i've ever been following that game :B

O_O I'M A WHAT NOW

Post-Member edit: Wait... KRAID??
ffffuuuu.jpg

Gravijah

TheOGB said:
I haven't been keeping up with that game (like I was supposed to be doing) in...

I don't think i've ever been following that game :B

O_O I'M A WHAT NOW

Well, at least no one can ever call you a Nintendo fanboy with a straight face.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Anyone who is surprised that Dento owns the chia pet chimp should be pinned down and have their eyes stuffed with Q-tips.

Big One

Banned
Ash's eyes really are different. I wonder if it's meant to look more like the recent Sugimori art since he draws eyes like that.

Espada

vectorman06 said:
Im guessing it belongs to Ash then. Also, he looks weird with male trainer clothes.

That's the first thing I thought as well, that he was going with the Water starter as his main guy like how he used Chimchar in DP.

Anth0ny

So they keep his eyes exactly the game for 500+ episodes, despite Sugimori's style changing a long time ago, and then decide to change them now? :lol

He looks terrible.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
upandaway said:
Grass in RBY, Water GSC, whateverthefuck in RSE, Fire in DPPt

although really you're solid with any of them in DPPt
that's the second pun I made this week
Grass was easy mode in gen 1, 3, and 4.
Fire was easy mode in gen 2.

Not sure where you're getting your info from.

Goddamn, w/e beating Ash takes in the next episodes must have traumatized the hell out of him . . . those eyes o_O

They should have just gotten Black if they wanted to change the fuck out of Ash's appearance. :/

upandaway

Sixfortyfive said:

Not sure where you're getting your info from.
I'll confidently say I had a far easier time with Infernape than Torterra

With gen 2 I just remembered people saying Feraligatr is the best one for the remakes so I went with that

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
upandaway said:
I'll confidently say I had a far easier time with Infernape than Torterra

With gen 2 I just remembered people saying Feraligatr is the best one for the remakes so I went with that

I found Diamond easy with Infernape. I recalled that my friend have hard time with diamond and pearl with other starter and I think there is only one or two fire pokemon to capture.

Anth0ny

Sixfortyfive said:

This is correct.

But there is no easy mode vs. Whitney's Miltank. Thanks for ruining my nuzlocke run and murdering my whole team ; _ ;

Top Bottom