• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Black & White (Thread #3) - Seasons, Infinite-use TMs, Deru Powah, and More

upandaway

Gravijah said:
That first song is hot shit. I wonder if the slowing down was a part of it or just for the video?
Well it didn't happen for the rest of them so I think it's the song, and it's that guy's special song

Arceus had some weird music too, and Giratina

Rock type is such an anomaly.

It's supposed to be a defensive type but it gets it shit ruined by so many common and good offensive types.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
SleepyJohn11 said:
One of last episodes is titled "Pokémon Doctor - Takeshi!"; so yeah.

It looks like they're trying to make it look like they're starting over with the anime with the characters and such. You think Ash will choose one starter or get all of them this time around?

If this was true they'd have a new main character.

Gravijah

Black-Wind said:
That will never happen sadly. :(

I think its because Ash is supposed to be the creature of Pokemon (Satoshi Tajiri).

Dude, he just has aspergers, it's not like he's a monster or something!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Black-Wind said:
That will never happen sadly. :(

I think its because Ash is supposed to be the creator of Pokemon (Satoshi Tajiri).

I hate it how when Ash finally gets into the semifinals he gets swept by a random trainer just because the writers can't have him win the tournament because he needs to be around for the next generation.

Gravijah

Inferno313 said:
Jesse and James are still gonna be there? RIGHT? Pokemon is nothing without Meowth (I haven't watched an episode in years.)

The original VA for Meowth died... :(

Well, the VA you probably associate with Meowth... IIRC, someone else might have done the voice for a bit too.

Gravijah said:
The original VA for Meowth died... :(

Well, the VA you probably associate with Meowth... IIRC, someone else might have done the voice for a bit too.

I know. :( I think that's just around the time I stopped watching. (I'm younger than a lot of you, shut up! :p)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Inferno313 said:
Jesse and James are still gonna be there? RIGHT? Pokemon is nothing without Meowth (I haven't watched an episode in years.)
Team Rocket sucks and they are one of the many reasons the show is a chore most of the time.

Regulus Tera said:
Team Rocket sucks and they are one of the many reasons the show is a chore most of the time.

Team Rocket as a whole, maybe, but Meowth is a playa' brah. :D

Also, I'm 17, I figured I'd make that clear before someone thinks I'm 14 or something from my last comment. Heh.

upandaway

Inferno313 said:
Also, I'm 17, I figured I'd make that clear before someone thinks I'm 14 or something from my last comment. Heh.
Yeah how crazy is that, I registered here when I was not even 17, that passes for one of the older members on most forums, but dem GAFs are different

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Regulus Tera said:

You shut yo' hoe mouth 'efore I shut if fer ya.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Andrex said:
You shut yo' hoe mouth 'efore I shut if fer ya.
There's only so much you can take of Team Rocket blasting off at the speed of light before it becomes tiring.

For me, it was until the end of the orange league.

People still watch the anime?

I watched the 2nd movie the other day, which I loved as a kid, and except for Lugia's song, it was fucking brutal. Ash's voice especially makes me want to stab things.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Thagomizer said:
People still watch the anime?

I watched the 2nd movie the other day, which I loved as a kid, and except for Lugia's song, it was fucking brutal. Ash's voice especially makes me want to stab things.

The gym battles and league matches are actually pretty good, like in a real shounen. It's too bad they have to spread them out throughout an entire generation.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Regulus Tera said:
There's only so much you can take of Team Rocket blasting off at the speed of light before it becomes tiring.

For me, it was until the end of the orange league.

I like them, because the episodes focusing on them are some of the best of the season. Source. DP092 was one of the best episodes of the Sinnoh arc.

Also Jessie made the contest episodes actually bearable.

Masked Man

I said wow
Side Note: PokéBeach has a video previewing the new anime series and, while we don't see Dento's Pokémon, he instructs it to use Solar Beam, so there's a good chance that he's a Grass-type Leader.

Ravidrath

OK, so can we make the anime off-limits now? Tired of seeing this thread bumped to talk about that stuff... seems like there should be an Off-Topic thread or something for it.

They're really not all that related to the games - just corporate level fan-art. :p

Masked Man

I said wow
Ravidrath said:
OK, so can we make the anime off-limits now? Tired of seeing this thread bumped to talk about that stuff... seems like there should be an Off-Topic thread or something for it.

They're really not all that related to the games - just corporate level fan-art. :p

My post was only because it was game-related. :3

bon

Ravidrath said:

Stuff in the anime often relates to / hints at stuff in the games, so it makes sense to discuss the new season. Talking about whether Jesse and James are cool or not is getting a little off-topic though. :lol

joetachi

bon said:
Stuff in the anime often relates to / hints at stuff in the games, so it makes sense to discuss the new season. Talking about whether Jesse and James are cool or not is getting a little off-topic though. :lol
The reason this thread got bumped was because the last episode was awesome no hints no clues nothing.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
joetachi said:
I said some thing about it in the last page because regulus tera bumped it just to day some anime episode was awesome

It was!

But okay, I'll stop. I just don't wanna comment on serebii or whatever. That way lies madness.

Gravijah

FWIW, the "anime" bump also informed of the new videos flying around. I don't see it as a big deal and I don't even really like the anime.

Espada

Ookami-kun said:
Again with the single defense type. Any mon that has both good DEF and SDEF?

There's quite a few, actually. Off the top of my head I can think of Dusknoir, Bastiodon and Probopass.

Edit: And here's the results of my search for pokemon with at least 100 base stat points in both defense and special defense.

Gravijah

Boney said:
Oh dear :lol

Hahaha. Keep in mind that after I grew up a bit and stopped collecting Pokemon stuff like toys, etc, my younger brother was just getting into Pokemon. So he had a lot of stuff like that bought for him.

Boney

Banned
Gravijah said:
Hahaha. Keep in mind that after I grew up a bit and stopped collecting Pokemon stuff like toys, etc, my younger brother was just getting into Pokemon. So he had a lot of stuff like that bought for him.
The closest I got was playing the card games, and only the first generation sets.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
I'd say equal to the manga. I loved collecting the cards, and collecting cards in general is pretty awesome.

Collecting the cards is fun, but playing them isn't that good IMO.
Then again I'd prefer Yu-Gi-Oh if anyone forced me to play a card game. >_> Definitely requires more strategy than you'd think.

Gravijah

Andrex said:
Collecting the cards is fun, but playing them isn't that good IMO.
Then again I'd prefer Yu-Gi-Oh if anyone forced me to play a card game. >_> Definitely requires more strategy than you'd think.

You're gonna get me killed but...

Played some of the GBA Yu-Gi-Oh games, good shit there.

Shiggie

MidnightScott said:
Looks way different from that toy.
Not really.
mmfxxt.jpg

Cz5Jn.jpg

Top Bottom