• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Direct 01.08.13 (U.S.-6AM EST, EUR-12PM CET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Let's CELEB-R-A-T-E!

Except not cause there's no time ta squeeze in another movie.

Maybe I oughta whip out Emerald an catch the lingering legendaries? Naaahh. Someday I'll put in the time to get 'em with good natures at the very least... maybe.

watershed

Banned
Even though I'm not really into pokemon and am more excited just to see what this news is, I predict something about this Nintendo Direct will leave me disappointed.

Rubius

You know what I really want? A random pokemon. Just any pokemon. I want a Cleafairy starter, a Weedle starter, a Poliwig.
I want to be able to say "This guy, it was my first pokemon. "
Maybe offer 4 pokeball?
(Oh I have those 3 rare pokemon here, or I have this pokeball with a pokemon that I cant get out. I dont know what in it.) and then you go get the pokeball repair, and bam, a Geodude starter.
Of course make it so that every possible pokemon in that mystery pokeball can attack. So no Magikarp.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
So this will probably be the new 3DS mainline game...unfortunately I'm not interest. I'd prefer a cross-platform Wii U-3DS stadium game...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
No team in Pokemon Emerald is good without Rayquaza.
Ah yeah, Rayquaza is on my favorite legendaries list, too. Arceus, Dioxys, origin form Giratina, and Rayquaza.

And people say the newer gens have bad designs. :-0

chrono01

I'm preparing to get all three streams ready: Nintendo [Japan], NicoNico [Japan], and Nintendo [English]. Just in-case one of them crashes.

You cannot be too prepared!

Mista Koo

How come every fire starter is a Fire / fighter type?!?!?!
Because GF aren't lazy at all.

Fighting > Dark > Psychic
uXveJ.png

I'd say all starters get new types or none.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
A drought on Route 116?!

Could this mean...

RUSTURF TUNNEL: "Linking RUSTBORO and VERDANTURF. The tunnel project has been canceled."

In the era of Ruby 2 / Sapphire 2 this tunnel will totally be complete.

No team in Pokemon Emerald is good without Rayquaza.
Manectric is good enough!

This seems like a good place to ask: I decided to try pokemon for the first time. Should I start with Black/White r jump straight B/W 2?

How does it look on a regular 3DS?

chrono01

This seems like a good place to ask: I decided to try pokemon for the first time. Should I start with Black/White r jump straight B/W 2?

B/W2 take place after B/W, so start with the first. The order people recommend are:

Pokemon White --> Pokemon White 2
Pokemon Black --> Pokemon Black 2

[So you can capture both Legendaries, if you do not trade]

The game looks great on the 3DS, although it obviously doesn't utilize any 3D features [although there are a few moments where you can kind of see how it might be used in future installments].

stktt

Banned

Might as well start with 2 if you've never played a Pokémon game before. You'll have to choose between a large, blurry image and a tiny, sharp image.

BlueSteel

Man, I wasn't planning on even staying up for this. Now I'm an hour away, and feel compelled to, even though I'm sick and tired (or maybe tired because I'm sick).

I'll just play rage while I wait.

You all need to remember this could be a whole new pokemon with all new rules and ideas. Don't limit yourself to worrying about which of the pokemons could be the traditional three starters.

i mean, what if they have four pokemon you could choose from?

Dark = underhanded, mean-spirited fighting. Biting, suckerpunching, attacking someone who is retreating, and so on. The opposite of Dark is Fighting.

Yeah, I always felt that Fighting was kind of a 'light' type in the sense of good vs. evil.
Honor, Discipline, and all that jazz. Makes sense that it's Dark type's foil.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
http://media.salemwebnetwork.com/worshiphousemedia/resource/images/main/s/cd/lsm/cd/countdown3d1min.jpg[img]

I'M STILL HERE (barely)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm starting to get pretty damn sleepy. Luckily it's only 2am here. Not as bad as other time zones.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
One hour until Pokemon Pinball 3.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
ONE HOUR LEFT OMG

Whoa, really? How was it different? Damn, I need to get B/W2 soon so I don't play it right before Gen VI and get burnt out.

Yeah the only time you need to use HM was using Cut once, as well as Strength in Victory Road. Otherwise you can progress without fear.

With that said side-areas require Surf, Waterfall, Cut and Strength.

B/W2 take place after B/W, so start with the first. The order people recommend are:

Pokemon White --> Pokemon White 2
Pokemon Black --> Pokemon Black 2

[So you can capture both Legendaries, if you do not trade]

The game looks great on the 3DS, although it obviously doesn't utilize any 3D features [although there are a few moments where you can kind of see how it might be used in future installments].

I can order a black DSi with pokemon black for $129. I might just do that and play the game on its intended system. I've been dying to go back and play the Advance Wars games as well :)

Why am I staying up till 5 a.m. again? I'm so damn tired

Our overlord Arceus shall tend to his devoted flock though, and see that their loyalty is well rewarded with some glorious rest after the announcement of his next venture to our unworthy mortal Earth

Passing the time away at work while getting through Victory Road in BW2, and while I was trying to do some Global Link stuff I noticed the site was down for maintenance.

Scheduled or does it coincide with today's announcement?

chrono01

I can order a black DSi with pokemon black for $129. I might just do that and play the game on its intended system. I've been dying to go back and play the Advance Wars games as well :)
Excellent decision!

While the 3DS plays DS games perfectly fine, I still prefer to play them on my classic DSi [Pokemon B/W included]. At the very least it saves me the trouble of always having to keep the 3DS [and it's less than "ideal" battery] charged and/or plugged in.

I keep my DSi for DS titles, and 3DS for 3DS titles. It works out great. >:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom