• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Direct 01.08.13 (U.S.-6AM EST, EUR-12PM CET)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why am I staying up till 5 a.m. again? I'm so damn tired

Our overlord Arceus shall tend to his devoted flock though, and see that their loyalty is well rewarded with some glorious rest after the announcement of his next venture to our unworthy mortal Earth

New Game Freak Gen VI mainline Pokemon 3DS exclusive for a 2013 release worldwide.

That's why. Just 50 more minutes.

I don't know, Dark would be at too big of an advantage against Psychic. Although I guess it could be a hard mode of sorts.

Except that Dark is IMMUNE to Psychic. Too powerful for a starter.

How often do you fight your rival, really? By the time their Pokemon can actually utilize their immunity from your attacks you've probably got like two other Pokemon that could fight it.

So, who is expecting any substantial news, such as a new mainline game?

Masuda seems to be

So, who is expecting any substantial news, such as a new mainline game?

I can't say I do, but I hope so.

Jun'ichi Masuda, the director of every "core" Pokemon title since the Red / Blue / Yellow days, is really excited about this announcement and made a blog post about it. I checked every post on his blog, and he only posts about really big titles that Game Freak develops. He hasn't made a single post about any spinoff.

Thoraxes

My dreams.

ufMhK.png

Sequel.

Jun'ichi Masuda, the director of every "core" Pokemon title since the Red / Blue / Yellow days, is really excited about this announcement and made a blog post about it. I checked every post on his blog, and he only posts about really big titles that Game Freak develops. He hasn't made a single post about any spinoff.

That's good to hear. The moment of truth is soon upon us, so we shall see.

chrono01

Oh I am serious.

That game was awesome.

Very nice, I'm happy to meet another fan. >:)

I still have my copy, actually. I remember spending a lot of time with it [and I've never played the "actual" TCG]. It was pretty addictive. I'd actually love to see a version for the 3DS, even if only as a downloadable title.

New Game Freak Gen VI mainline Pokemon 3DS exclusive for a 2013 release worldwide.

That's why. Just 50 more minutes.
Oh god, don't even say that. If they actually did a worldwide release I'd be able to conjure the fortitude to not spoil every damn detail about the game before I had it. And by "conjure the fortitude" I mean "I wouldn't be physically able to". And it would be great.

stktt

Banned
I can order a black DSi with pokemon black for $129. I might just do that and play the game on its intended system. I've been dying to go back and play the Advance Wars games as well :)

If you can save up or find a good deal, I would really recommend buying a 3DS XL. DS games look great in 1:1 mode and you wouldn't have to worry about purchasing one later on.

EVIL

so what are we expecting? Pokemon U? or for the 3DS? or maybe as the laatest trends go with "big announcements" pokemon for IOS?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
ONE HOUR LEFT OMG

Yeah the only time you need to use HM was using Cut once, as well as Strength in Victory Road. Otherwise you can progress without fear.

With that said side-areas require Surf, Waterfall, Cut and Strength.
That's AWESOME! I hope they phase them out entirely, though. They add nothing to the gameplay. There was some degree of novelty in seeing your Pokemon use moves outside of battle in the Blue/Red days, but that novely is vastly shadowed by inconvience and tediousnes.

chrono01

If you can save up or find a good deal, I would really recommend buying a 3DS XL. DS games look great in 1:1 mode and you wouldn't have to worry about purchasing one later on.

I'll agree with this, but it really depends on how interested he/she is in 3DS games.

The 3DS is likely to get another price-drop in the next year or so [in addition to more titles being released, probably around Christmas] with a possibility of a revamped battery [among other things]. If he/she's purely interested in Pokemon Black/White 1/2, the DSi + a copy of the game might be the better option. But then, as you said, a 3DS would enable them to play Pokemon Black/White 1/2 now, as well as the [hopeful] Pokemon Generation VI [for the 3DS].

The latter might be the best option, if just to gain access to both DS and 3DS.

Ashodin

That's AWESOME! I hope they phase them out entirely, though. They add nothing to the gameplay. There was some degree of novelty in seeing your Pokemon use moves outside of battle in the Blue/Red days, but that novely is vastly shadowed by inconvience and tediousnes.

Revamp them. Make them just require your lead Pokemon to be the one that can "use" the HM temporarily to do whatever you need. You need to Surf? Put a water pokemon in the lead. You need strength? Switch 'em over. No need to overwrite moves.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Revamp them. Make them just require your lead Pokemon to be the one that can "use" the HM temporarily to do whatever you need. You need to Surf? Put a water pokemon in the lead. You need strength? Switch 'em over. No need to overwrite moves.
Works for me.

Looking forward to an incredibly busy night for Bulba. I expect this will be the first real stress test of our servers in a long while. Bulbapedia and Bulbanews should be fine, the wikis are on cloud hosting and increasing capacity for them is automatic. Our forums on the other hand are hosted separately on a traditional server...might be stretched a bit. Oh well, we'll see.

Darryl

Banned
i suppose if pokemon rainbow was real, the view source would've listed wii u as it promised a downloadable title or something

hype shattered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom