• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sun/Moon new info - Starter evolutions, Demo, Ash-Greninja

woopWOOP

I'm running spreadsheets to track my score for every design out of 10 and so far the numbers look like this
Part of me wants to do something like this too, but it's such a timesink. I feel gen2 is my favorite monster-wise too, but I'm wondering if that's actually true anymore as every gen has their huge share of great and above average monsters.

So far gen7 is hitting a lot of right spots for me tho. The sandcastle and plastic hugbear are kind of iffy, but everything else I liked right away (yes, even the grinning neon coloured fish)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
...He actually reminds me a little bit of Mr. Owl
tumblr_nu8n9aqMMV1ry46hlo1_400.gif
and Edgeworth's hair
latest

hahaha! When I saw it's hairs, I suddenly think of young Mile Edgeworth's hairs from anime.

Delio

Gotta start thinking of a name for Tigermask Litten. Cant wait to start my journey with it and Vikavolt.

Also those islands you send your Pokemon to as some one pointed out reminds me of the Digimon training islands. I'm here for it for sure i loved that in those games.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
I hope you end up liking Komala's evolution.

With the way it's going it's looking likely man.
I can't help but picture a big fat Koala, similar to Snorlax, but the designs this gen seem to have an unexpected twist to them, so for all I know Komala could end up as a skinny staff bearing drop bear.

Whatever the case, I'm sure Gamefreak's got me covered. The only design I'm "meh" on is Bewear. I don't even hate it, it's just a little bland compared to the others, but heck, it looks like the anime will make me even like it. Team Rocket + murder bear can only ensue hilarity.

OrionX

Ah yes, gotta love those awkward teenage years. Look at this cocky bitch, he think he so damn fabulous lol. Dartrix reminds me of some kinda friendly assassin who acts all nice and accommodating, but really he just thinking about how to kill you. XD

Never thought I'd say this, but I think I might be team Popplio if that third evo is real, don't care much for the first two stages though.

Are people really complaining about the starters designs and evolutions when we got gen 5 starters? ( aka ugliest starters ever )

The more and more info on Sun and Moon come out the more I actually want this game. Also it is interesting that Ash is really considered canon in the game's with Ash's Greninja.

CD'S BAR

jesus those leaf bangs are so stupid.

guess i'm going with the fire cat after all. least offensive of the three.

these are the worst starter designs by far, including mid evos.

JGCD

Neo Member
Second stage always looks awkward. People should chill till we see the final forms (froagiader looked terrible then greninja was godlike)

DylanEno

I feel like every other trash starter line has at least one form that looks good. Bayleef, Piplup, Infernape, Tepig. Never three zeroes in a row until now.
What's wrong with Brionne?

We'll probably get a second final evo if the mermaid one doesn't strike you.

Daemul

Haha, i've just noticed that Brionne has the Loli fang

1475599607550s.jpg

GameFreak aren't even trying to hide what they're doing
KuGsj.gif

Zebei

They knocked it out of the park with Torracat. Definitely a pokemon I would like to have as a pet. (well if not for burning my house down at least).

Brionne is pretty cool too (Plus the final evo is spectacular) and I just need to get used to Dartix's weird hair before I like it.

Seems like this will continue to be my either my favorite or second favorite group of starters, competing with gen 4.

DylanEno

Literally everything. The eyes, the antennae, the weird way it floats. It's the worst of the three. And i think that's a bit of a stretch.
The eyes are cute imo. At least they look different from the usual. Those are ears, lol. Floats? I didn't see it floating so much as just flopping cutely around.

Brionne is perfect and anyone that doesn't like it is terrible.

Brionne's great. I like Rowlet's forms the best overall, even with Dartix's bang. Torracat looks good to me, but knowing what the final form probably is... Overall, I'd say the starters could be a lot worse. It's all preference too.

I'm confused about "Ash-Greninja." Is it basically a mega-evolution? I didn't get a sense of how it worked from the trailer.

If you ask me, Rowlet -> Litten -> Popplio is the current standing for creating a Team and centering around the starter as your primary choice. Having Grass AND Flying STAB moves upfront will be very powerful. Plus, a natural-born Fly-user (if HMs still exist).
You're saying all this like pokemon games aren't piss easy, you can beat every single game by using your starter exclusively and overleveling it. Just pick the starter that appeals most.

And team popplio bitches

I'm confused about "Ash-Greninja." Is it basically a mega-evolution? I didn't get a sense of how it worked from the trailer.

The Greninja from the demo has a new ability called Battle Bond. Once Greninja knocks out a Pokemon, it transforms into Ash-Greninja for the remainder of the battle. Ash-Greninja will presumably have stronger stats.

Man, I'm really torn between Rowlett and Litten. I think if Litten is Fire/Dark, I'll go that way, but if it's Fire/Fighting I'm going with Rowdy.

Mael

Great to see MegaEvo coming back!
The starters evo are actually good.
Not Fennekin-line good but really good.
I maintain my roll of water this gen.
The demo is going to make the wait till my copy arrive from the distant shore more bearable.
I don't know if I want to start the game with a full evo Synergy pokemon though.
Btw now we know that Ash's Greninja was NOT protean but synergy instead.
Kind of cheating to use a ability that simply was available though...
Then again if it's a special ability can that talent be stolen and/or transfered?

Neiteio

Ash-Greninja appears to be a form change triggered by its new ability, Battle Bond. It probably gains a considerable stat buff comparable to Mega Evolution.

Top Bottom