• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sun/Moon new info - Starter evolutions, Demo, Ash-Greninja

1475588078739.jpg

Looks like they want to speed up the duration of battles

Not only speeding the battles, but keeping players from stalling the clock to win, which happened way too much in VGC '16

Spoiling the image just in case people don't want to see the leaked evos.

Seeing them all side by side like this?

Yeah, they're def confirmed.
Man, this is the first time the fire line has through-and-through been my favorite. Can't wait to mess up fools with that guy. Even if he's fighting instead of dark!

Ash-Greninja is stupid, but it was always stupid. Looks like it'll keep to Greninja tho so that's fine.

Owl is hilarious, reminds me of Sanji for some reason. Cat is pretty dope, can't wait til it learns to walk on two legs. Popplio got even worse somehow.

The wait to see if Litten is Fire/Dark or Fire/Fighting continues...
Lmao can't unsee now

phanphare

Banned
rowlet winning so far

ok popplio coming through with that last evolution. tough choice between rowlet and popplio now.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

But Rowlet's feet colour change in the final evo. What's up with that eh?

J@hranimo

Banned
some of yall are clowns, brionne is fantastic

in fact, this is the first time i've ever loved all three mid-evos for the starters.

Same. They really have knocked all the starter designs out of the park.

Ash-Greninja has a special ability, which means it should be breedable.

Aaaaaand can't wait for datamined info starting Oct. 18th :p

Kinsei

Banned
Greninja's use came from Protean, so Ash-Greninja will have to get a pretty good stat boost to be relevant.

Yeah, and it will also have to manage to get a kill. It seems to be way too risky to use over Protean even if it's stats are really good.

AetherZX

Greninja's use came from Protean, so Ash-Greninja will have to get a pretty good stat boost to be relevant.

I'd imagine mega-esque stat improvements (notably speed) and the ability to hold items will keep it relevant. The real issue is the transformation method.

Brionne is freaking adorable and I don't really get how some of you guys think its the worst. Do some of you just hate anything too feminine or something? I think its nice that they are continuing what they did last gen by making one of the starter lines more girly. Not all pokemon have to be tough or cool loking, its ok to have some cute ones too!
It looks ugly to me.

Doesn't have anything to do with being girly or cute. I like the leaked final evo which is definitely feminine, but not Brionne.

Kade

Looks like the Festival Plaza is an evolution of Join Avenue from Black/White 2. I always thought it was a cool idea and I spent a lot of time there, eventually maxing out everything and it became sort of a home base where you could do almost everything you needed to. I also like Poke Pelago, which looks like it's their version of the Farms from Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth. It was cool to have your monsters do something while they weren't in your party.

Yeah, and it will also have to manage to get a kill. It seems to be way too risky to use over Protean even if it's stats are really good.

If they give it Pursuit, it could get a kill off of that, and then form change and start sweeping, but it still doesn't sound as good as Protean.

Well if already has a great speed stat, the only thing he needs is a stat boost in his offensive stats and it can be pretty good.

Brionne is freaking adorable and I don't really get how some of you guys think its the worst. Do some of you just hate anything too feminine or something? I think its nice that they are continuing what they did last gen by making one of the starter lines more girly. Not all pokemon have to be tough or cool loking, its ok to have some cute ones too!

It being feminine is not the problem for me. Chikorita and Fennekin's lines are cute. Brionne is creepy looking and those weird ears are extremely off-putting. Ugh. I want to like that evolution line, but I can't. I need to see more of them in-game. Especially the final evo.

Forkball

Triple and rotation battles are gone

Game freak removing more features

They still might be in the game, but it looks like they might not be in the online modes. Honestly I didn't really care about them, but I suppose there are some who do. But rotation battles were super useful for leveling up Pokemon in XY...

Also no Alolan Scyther or Skarmory it seems.

p08_04_en.jpg

PK Gaming

I was hoping they'd have a unique name for Ash-Greninja

Jeez, everyone would be 20x more hype for it if it won the Pokemon League

Arcia

Banned
It looks ugly to me.

Doesn't have anything to do with being girly or cute. I like the leaked final evo which is definitely feminine, but not Brionne.

It being feminine is not the problem for me. Chikorita and Fennekin's lines are cute. Brionne is creepy looking and those weird ears are extremely off-putting. Ugh. I want to like that evolution line, but I can't. I need to see more of them in-game. Especially the final evo.

Fair enough. I guess its just differring personal aesthetic appeal then. I don't think its ears are weird though, just looks like they are covered with foam or bubbles.

Brionne is definitely my favorite of the bunch right now.

Top Bottom