• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y SPOILER Discussion Thread

Drago

Never played any pokemon at all but looking to getting this new 1. SO your saying you have both? and the only difference are the stones and legendary? do you need to have both legendary and stones?
X was a Gamefly rental, I bought Y. The only major differences are the Pokémon you catch, a few of the mega stones you find (completely optional feature), and... that's really it. They're basically the same game. Just choose the game which has better looking Pokémon to you.

So guys. The list of Mega Pokémon we have now is definitive, right? No more stones to find?

Because I'll be right pissed if someone discovers an X exclusive stone and I send my rental back before its found. :V

So far yes, but I think more will be revealed in coming months.

Drago

So far yes, but I think more will be revealed in coming months.
Yeah, event stones are inevitable, and I'm sure we'll get new batches of megas in Z and the probable RSE remakes.

I just dont want any more stones exclusive to a version. It makes it excessively cumbersome to get both. ;(

So, it may not make a big difference, but has there been any discussion about the changes to old Pokemon's base stats? I'm interested to see if they will effect the meta game in any way.

Kurita

So, it may not make a big difference, but has there been any discussion about the changes to old Pokemon's base stats? I'm interested to see if they will effect the meta game in any way.
The stat changes don't seem really important.
A +10 to stats that were mediocre, meh.

xeleion

Neo Member
So I guess the probability of us getting the official artwork for all the trainers is pretty low, since the 3DS hasn't been hacked yet, huh? That's depressing. The first time we get crisp, hi-res art in the game itself, we can't even reference it later.

Fishing chains = shinies. Chains: Consecutively using the rod and entering battle while standing the same spot without "not a bite" or "it got away". Being on certain tiles or the suction caps ability increase chances of entering battle when fishing.

It should be noted some people got theirs after chains of about the 20s, others went well into the 100s...

So I guess the probability of us getting the official artwork for all the trainers is pretty low, since the 3DS hasn't been hacked yet, huh? That's depressing. The first time we get crisp, hi-res art in the game itself, we can't even reference it later.
The ones that have been released for PR should be in press kits.

UberTag

For those who have finished the story, or are at least past the Lumiose gym: does this game ever hit a difficulty ramp? I'm steamrolling using a Chespin almost exclusively.
I think I would go insane out of boredom if I played the entire game with just my starter pokemon while sprinkling in some caught randoms every so often.

emb

Fishing chains = shinies. Chains: Consecutively using the rod and entering battle while standing the same spot without "not a bite" or "it got away". Being on certain tiles or the suction caps ability increase chances of entering battle when fishing.

It should be noted some people got theirs after chains of about the 20s, others went well into the 100s...
So is it confirmed that Pokeradar no longer chains into shinies? Or is this just in addition to that?

Drago

The roaming bird mission is the absolute fucking worst.

Alright fine, I'll go looking for it more than once to fight it for real in Sea Spirit Den, whatever, but 12 times?! That's way too many!

And I have to go through this twice! :(

FSLink

Banned
That's always the case. They release a second guide later on with the dex and post game content at a later date.

Not true. They at least had a regional dex in past guides. Anybody's who purchased past guides was of course not expecting a national dex in the first one.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, the fishing thing definitely works. Staring at a shiny Octillery now at chain 50ish. It has 1 perfect IV as well.

Vargas

Critical capture just reduces the number of RNG shake checks, which gives you a much higher chance but still no guarantee.

Cool, never knew that. I caught it a few minutes after with an ultra ball. Is there going to be anything that I should use the Master ball on?

valeo

Team Flare's attitude is a bit different from what I've read. They're fascists in X, ultra eco terrorists in Y.
Not very different, but moreso than DP. Black and White's storylines were actually very similar, it's some of the other things that were different. The only ones that had different storylines at all to my knowledge were RS.

Pokemon has a storyline? Righttt.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Cool, never knew that. I caught it a few minutes after with an ultra ball. Is there going to be anything that I should use the Master ball on?

Shinies that will otherwise screw you over. Exploders, Roar, Whirlwind...

Avixph

KL4Zk0sl.jpg

Semajer

So, what exactly is there to do in the postgame? I've caught Mewtwo and Zygard, and I'm about to try the battle house near the daycare before I get on the train.

xeleion

Neo Member
I read somewhere that you can only get one legendary bird per game, and it depends on your starter. Can anyone confirm this?

emb

I read somewhere that you can only get one legendary bird per game, and it depends on your starter. Can anyone confirm this?
Correct. I went Froakie and got Moltres. Not sure what the others cause. I want to guess Chespin would cause Zapdos.

This is the spoiler thread, no need for the spoiler tags.

entremet

Correct. I went Froakie and got Moltres. Not sure what the others cause. I want to guess Chespin would cause Zapdos.

This is the spoiler thread, no need for the spoiler tags.

Just like the Gen I remakes and the legendary beasts.

Weird.

So, remember that list from a while back, with a bunch of trademarked names?
Dianshii (ディアンシー) - ???
Hariboogu (ハリボーグ) - Quilladin
Gekogashira (ゲコガシラ) - Frogadier
Borukenion (ボルケニオン) - ???
Dedenne (デデンネ)
Horubii (ホルビー) - Bunnelby
Nyaonikusu (ニャオニクス) - Meowstic
Burigaron (ブリガロン) - Chesnaught
Jigarude (ジガルデ) - Zygarde
Mafokushii (マフォクシー) Delphox
Fuupa (フーパ) - ???
Gekkouga (ゲッコウガ) - Greninja
Torimian (トリミアン) - Furfrou
Teerunaa (テールナー) Braixen
And remember how three of those names never showed up in the game (those marked with question marks)?

Well, here's something interesting: In the GTS, you probably know that you can search for Pokemon by name - just go to "Seek Pokemon", click on "Pokemon you want", nd scroll to the bottom of the big list to "What Pokemon?".

On the screen "Pokemon you want to find?", note two things:
1. When you type something that's not an actual name of a Pokemon, the loading circle appears for a few seconds on the top screen.
2. When you type something that is a Pokemon's name, the loading circle doesn't appear and the screen closes out instantaneously.

With this in mind, enter the names Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa into the search. They also exit instantly. Thus, there is a very high chance that they must be unrevealed Pokemon, possibly ones held back for a future distribution.

webrunner

So, remember that list from a while back, with a bunch of trademarked names?

And remember how three of those names never showed up in the game (those marked with question marks)?

Well, here's something interesting: In the GTS, you probably know that you can search for Pokemon by name - just go to "Seek Pokemon", click on "Pokemon you want", nd scroll to the bottom of the big list to "What Pokemon?".

On the screen "Pokemon you want to find?", note two things:
1. When you type something that's not an actual name of a Pokemon, the loading circle appears for a few seconds on the top screen.
2. When you type something that is a Pokemon's name, the loading circle doesn't appear and the screen closes out instantaneously.

With this in mind, enter the names Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa into the search. They also exit instantly. Thus, there is a very high chance that they must be unrevealed Pokemon, possibly ones held back for a future distribution.

someone also said if you enter those names in all caps in the "looking for" field when you deposit it corrects the capitalization but it doesn't for non-existant pokemon... can't test right now though

Top Bottom