• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokkén Tournament - new characters (Suicune, Gardevoir, Pikachu)

I think the roster will be around 20-24 characters and they'll at least try and balance the choices between all generations. Charizard and Mewtwo are pretty much inevitable so I don't really see any more Gen I Pokemon being in for the inital arcade release. Maybe the potential Wii U version will have more characters like most home console fighters do compared to their arcade versions.

Mista Koo

I didn't want Pikachu and I wanted Gallade instead of Gardevoir :(
Oh well I guess that means Luxray might have a tiny tiny chance <3

That Suicune render looks amazing. Gameplay looks weird though.

I didn't want Pikachu and I wanted Gallade instead of Gardevoir :(
Oh well I guess that means Luxray might have a tiny tiny chance <3

That Suicune render looks amazing. Gameplay looks weird though.

Gallade could still be a character. There really aren't that many other well known, fighting game able fourth generation Pokemon besides Lucario and Gallade, unless you go outside the box for stuff like Roserade or Weavile.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
ihcRYjc.gif

So far we have the mascot of Pokémon, a quadrupedal legendary, and pandering in the form of Gardevoir. I really hope the roster primarily consists of Fighting-types, but I'm now I'm worried. I want Hariyama and Poliwrath. =(

Kinsei

Banned
The Pikachu and Suicune renders look awful.

So far we have the mascot of Pokémon, a quadrupedal legendary, and pandering in the form of Gardevoir. I really hope the roster primarily consists of Fighting-types, but I'm now I'm worried. I want Hariyama and Poliwrath. =(

But fighters are the worst type! This is clearly a fact and not just my personal opinion.

Azuran

Banned

Screw fighting types. Instead, they should add some more Fairy types and give Fighting mons another middle finger like GF did when this gen started.

Moonlight

Banned
Fuck yes, Gardevoir. Totally didn't expect it, but I'm glad that my favourite Pokemon (and likely my main!) is in. It looks really fun to play, too. I'm all aboard now, I think. All I need is Hawlucha (and I remain totally confident he's gonna make it), Gallade, Scizor, and Tyranitar, and this roster will be pretty much perfect.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
anyone got gifs / webms of the super moves? I love Gardevoir's cannon thing and Machamp's ORAORAORAORAORA

Oh man, looking very interesting from a game pay perspective. All worries of them sticking to close too Tekken is gone. Gardevoir is definitely the most interesting to me so far.

Toxi

Banned
The only character with a confirmed sex so far is Pikachu because of its tail. Machamp can be female, Gardevoir can be male, and so on.

Also, love how the crystal on Suicune's head looks in the render.

sn00zer

There really should be a Pokemon-like series designed for Pokemon fans in their 20s. Maybe bring back Jade Cocoon or something.

So I actually want them to try and be creative by adding really difficult characters to make a moveset for, imagine trying to make a moveset for onix or diglett, would be very interesting

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
There really should be a Pokemon-like series designed for Pokemon fans in their 20s. Maybe bring back Jade Cocoon or something.

It's secretly Pokemon Mystery Dungeon...well, the first two entries.

I'm sorry, but the realistic fur texture on those renders looks... really gross.

Hoping Pokemon like Darmanitan, Chesnaught, Medicham, and Zoroark will be included.
...Probably not.

Fennekin? God dammit, that rules out my hope of Braixen being playable. Pikachu looks totally badass though.

Edit: Oh man, just saw Mega Gardevoir in action. Alright, this is officially cool now.

Sagitario

This game should have been cel shaded. I seriously dislike the look of the monsters and how they are going for "realism" with the shaders/textures.

Huge missed opportunity IMO.

Top Bottom