• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright PoliGAF... Calm down. Breath out. We'll hit em again in two years... and again hopefully in 4.

I hoped you learned your lesson... Don't bet on Clinton.
The world is already over, even if there is another election in 4 years. We were a decade behind where we needed to be, now we'all go further back. It's too late.

Grief.exe

We all got sucked by liberal intellectuals,

We just follow all these doctorates on Twitter, read a bunch of bullshit books about 1940's supreme court decisions, and circle jerk while we share a bunch of graphs, figures, and demographics with each other.

We should have been huffing glue, browsing drudge, and ignoring everything factual.

Where did we go so wrong?

Man, I really hope we don't get some kind of fucking war. Shit shit shit.

Is it weird, that I hope the US just tanks, so that we know never to vote such an awful fuck ever again?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Welp, off to bed.

Thanks for nothing Clinton. Please never set foot on the public stage again, and enjoy watching the result of your shitty candidacy from your home.

Diablos

Anyway, this night was a boon for political scientists for showing that campaign organization literally does not matter in the slightest.

Not a good night for political consultants though.
This year is weird though. I still think you need campaign organization.

You realize Trump's GOTV was a. pandering to the worst aspects of American society in the worst ways possible, b. the news media foaming at the mouth over every stupid rally of his every single fucking day of the week because ratings when they desperately need them and c. relying on a partisan witch hunt against Hillary pushed right back into the front with 11 days left thanks to James Comey.

Trump is a fucking meteor.

So where does polling go from here

It's pretty clear there are serious issues with the way we poll. This needs to be fixed. Without good data, we're unable to make proper decisions like what states to target or be concerned about

Truly. I believe people don't really believe in God. Religion is just an excuse to control one another. All this evangelical talk how they are good people all that bs. They don't believe in it. They use it for control. We all have to really think about that honestly.

Yep. The lesson here is that to win the Democrats need to nominate someone who is basically squeaky clean. Republicans can nominate literally anyone.

It's insane. No fine, no court trial, no arrest. Literally fucking nothing except investigation after investigation and she's guilty. And America judged her on it. She fucked up but nothing on the level that the GOP made it out to be.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Could we win with any candidate in 2020 with the mass amount of gerrymandering the GOP is gonna do?

They can't really gerrymander much without a census year, and Democrats will probably regain lost ground in 2018 and 2020.

PInk Tape

Banned
One of the real big pitcture issues I'm worried about is China and Japan are on a knifes edge on slipping into a recession at best. China halted stock trading in their markets a year ago and is on the verge of a real estate crisis that makes 2008 look like baby's first market crash.

With markets tanking, and on the eve of a supply-side economics with major austerity measures, I have a feeling we are not going to be doing well economically going forward.

This is what's worrying me as well tbh.

Piecake

Well, on the bright side, it is predicted that Clinton is going to win the popular vote! So a majority of the American people did actually reject hate, fear, and fascism!

That can be our excuse when the British get all schadenfreude on us

barf...

The world is already over, even if there is another election in 4 years. We were a decade behind where we needed to be, now we'all go further back. It's too late.

Don't be melodramatic... We don't even know whats going to happen over the next 4 years... or even 2. Well get there when we get there.

Being negative and shoving your head in the sand isn't going to help.

sazzy

White voters aren't the only ones to blame:

Byron TauVerified account
‏@ByronTau
Trump did better than Romney among blacks by 5 points. He did 2 points better among Latinos.

Had a Muslim friend, currently living in South Korea, who has family in the states tell me that are crying right now. And that hit me like a train, and now I'm crying over that.

I'm a white, straight man and and I'm completely devastated over how LGBT and minorities in this country are feeling right now. I can't imagine what it's like to be in their shoes.

Ecotic

If Hillary wins the popular vote by 1% then the polling average was off 3% like 2012. The state polls were the leading indicator and they showed Hillary doing worse than the national vote showed.

Anyway, this night was a boon for political scientists for showing that campaign organization literally does not matter in the slightest.

Not a good night for political consultants though.
This is a wrong advice. Campaign organization matters. Especially in urban communities. Maybe not in rural wisconsin, but it matters in big cities like Charlotte.

I guess I should have seen the Sanders thing on the Reddit front page coming, but I was very uninterested in Reddit's opinion until just randomly checking it now.

VRMN

Had a Muslim friend, currently living in South Korea, who has family in the states tell me that are crying right now. And now I'm crying over that.

I'm a white, straight man and and I'm completely devastated over how LGBT and minorities in this country are feeling right now. I can't imagine what it's like to be in their shoes.

Same. I'm straight and white and he won't hurt me as much as others. But he's going to hurt others so much and I just can't deal with it right now.

If Trump is elected president he will likely be the most unpopular president in history. 30-61%
Who even knows if those polls were accurate? We're in uncharted waters here.

Makes me wonder if other things like gay marriage and abortion that we see trending more positive aren't really trending that way and the polls have just been wrong and ignoring this huge block of white people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom