• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so weird that campaign finance reform became a main issue in a presidential election that showed that campaign finance doesn't influence presidential elections whatsoever.

Trump just had over $10M in negative ads sent at him in Florida and he got 46%. Jeb and Rubio had two of the most humiliating campaigns anyone can remember and they spent nearly $200M on advertising.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm in the minority here, but if he keeps going negative, I think that our Leadership Team in the Senate needs have a nice sit down with him and let him know that he's got some nice chairmanships/positions, and it'd be a damn shame if something happened to them.

Because that's the Chicago way.

Also, holy shit at that Mizzou gap. Less than 5000 votes with like 40% of STL left.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I'm in the minority here, but if he keeps going negative, I think that our Leadership Team in the Senate needs have a nice sit down with him and let him know that he's got some nice chairmanships/positions, and it'd be a damn shame if something happened to them.
I hope you're in the minority.

Makai

CdmJH-lXIAA2lyl.jpg:large

Polari

That would be pretty pathetic.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Because that's the Chicago way.

Also, holy shit at that Mizzou gap. Less than 5000 votes with like 40% of STL left.

you keep saying Mizzou. That's the college, not the state. Nobody says that. It's weird that you're trying and I don't know what it's about.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
you keep saying Mizzou. That's the college, not the state. Nobody says that. It's weird that you're trying and I don't know what it's about.

Im sorry, I saw people say that in the chat and I thought that was a thing. Forgive this poor NYer who has never been there.

Wilsongt

Voter fraud doesn't exist in Texas. More news at 11.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/texas-governor-helps-debunk-his-own-voter-fraud-argument

President Obama was in Texas late last week, and during an interview with the Texas Tribune, he took some time to criticize the state’s voting restrictions, which has led to lower voter turnout. Pointing specifically to Texas’ prohibition on online registration and onerous voter-ID laws, the president said, “[T]he folks who are currently governing the good state of Texas aren’t interested in having more people participate.”

Gov. Greg Abbott (R) yesterday responded to Obama’s comments, saying via Twitter, “Texas will continue to crack down on vote fraud.” The tweet included a link to this Dallas Morning News article about the governor’s position.

And as it turns out, that probably wasn’t a good idea. Steve M. at No More Mister Nice Blog went ahead and clicked on the link Abbott included in his message about preventing voter fraud, and found that the Dallas Morning News report told readers that there have been about 80 cases of voter fraud prosecuted in Texas since 2002, but “only a handful of those cases involved the kind of in-person voter fraud that Texas’ voter ID law aims to stop.”

The newspaper relied on research that found “fewer Texans commit in-person voter fraud than get struck by lightning.”

In other words, while trying to defend needless voting restrictions, the governor emphasized his intention to “crack down on vote fraud.” But at the same time, Abbott pointed at evidence that makes clear he’s cracking down on a problem that doesn’t actually exist.

Was it discuss that Carson only endorsed Trump because a position was offered to him? I can't follow this thread anymore because it is moving too fucking fast.

Effect

Or he might realize they're gone anyway. So he really doesn't have anything to lose. It's also not like he gives a damn about the Dem party anyway. Which is why he might take this all the way to the convention even though it's clear he won't win. He has a bully pullpit right now. He's using it and that might be the only thing that matters to him at this point.

Tubie

I can't believe how well Trump did tonight, specially if he wins MO.

fake edit: CNN says Hillary won IL!

Bernie is done, he will only help Trump from here on if he stays till the convention.

Crocodile

Hugh Hewitt is arguing that Scott Walker will deliver Wisconsin to either Cruz or Kasich. Don't most people in that state hate Walker?

Hugh Hewitt is boasting about how Scott Walker will stop Trump from winning Wisconsin.

Hugh Hewitt is arguing that Scott Walker will deliver Wisconsin to either Cruz or Kasich. Don't most people in that state hate Walker?
He'll guarantee it like Nikki Haley did for Rubio in SC. Walker endorsing Kasich would be good for Trump, it'd split the Cruz/Kasich vote even more.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Mizzurah more approriate
That's how I pronounce it. I've read it's not consistent in the state.

Glad Illinois finally got called. Might just go to bed.
Think it was Chuck Todd, MO (both parties) and IL(Dem) are close enough that the candidates can request a recount.
Someone also pointed out because Democrats delegates are proportional recounts don't make much difference.

Hugh Hewitt is boasting about how Scott Walker will stop Trump from winning Wisconsin.

He'll guarantee it like Nikki Haley did for Rubio in SC. Walker endorsing Kasich would be good for Trump, it'd split the Cruz/Kasich vote even more.
Hugh Hewitt is a dummy, take off his glasses and he doesn't look so smart. Trump would scorch the fuck out of Scott Walker. Break his back, make him humble with his two Kochs.

I'm shocked by the margin in Ohio. I really, really am. I know we're Clinton country, but still. Damn, girl. Get it queen, because yaaasss werk.

I did not see that happening. Even when the polls weren't being unskewed prior to Michigan, I thought a single point win would be the most either could expect.

Makai

Drumpf plays the media cycle perfectly, his understanding of how it works is almost flawless. If he had been able to do this without looking like a fucking lunatic I'd be scared shitless of him.
We can't believe it now, but Kanye West will be the 2020 Democrat nominee.

Or he might realize they're gone anyway. So he really doesn't have anything to lose. It's also not like he gives a damn about the Dem party anyway. Which is why he might take this all the way to the convention even though it's clear he won't win. He has a bully pullpit right now. He's using it and that might be the only thing that matters to him at this point.

I would hope Bernie isn't as petty as that. If he pulls out now he can definitely garner some favors from Clinton and the rest of the Dems for the future. If he's trying to get something passed it's a lot easier to get attention to it with the White House working with you. Love it or not favors are traded all the time, just they way politics works.

If Bernie honestly does not see a realistic way to earn the delegates he needs, then he should bow out.

johnsmith

remember me
I'm shocked by the margin in Ohio. I really, really am. I know we're Clinton country, but still. Damn, girl. Get it queen, because yaaasss werk.

I did not see that happening. Even when the polls weren't being unskewed prior to Michigan, I thought a single point win would be the most either could expect.

It's all thanks to you driving old ladies to the polls. You're today's true hero.

User1608

Banned
I can't believe Bernie has become so negative. He really isn't that different from the establishment when things get desperate, is he.

I think Kanye's "people discriminate against me because I'm not gay" and his Stanning for rapists are probably bad assets for a Democrat primary. Much better odds in a Republican primary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom