• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

segarr

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I've found a few early mentions of Obama:

February 2006: McCain lays the smackdown on Obama

I remember when this letter came out, never would have imagined that these two men would be facing off right now....and definitely wouldn't have been expecting Obama to be the favorite to win.

I hope that this election brings about the end of the neo-conservative movement once and for all. I hope to see overwhelming rejection of every single one of the bloodsuckers. Let the massacre begin!

Tamanon

Banned
TDG said:
I don't know what my first PoliGAF post was. However, I think this is a really interesting thread that everyone should look at:

Everyone click here, this is where ObamaGAF kicked off: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138293

Oh shit. ToxicAdam is voting for Obama!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5339459&postcount=17

I'll vote for Obama. depending on who is running against him (I would prefer Pataki instead.)

I'm glad he announced this way, instead of ON The Oprah Show, like it was rumored.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Hootie said:
:lol I remember in the NH thread calling Obama Obomba and when somebody asked how Romney did in NH I replied "Bombney Bombed." Those were some fun times
NH was easily my lowest point. I was drowning in Hopium and Hillary took it all away from me.

I easily went crazy that thread, and even created a new thread titled something like "Obama will not win the nomination" because I had lost all hope.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Hootie said:
:lol I remember in the NH thread calling Obama Obomba and when somebody asked how Romney did in NH I replied "Bombney Bombed." Those were some fun times

I had a mini freakout session in that thread when Obama lost.

I was taking classes at night at the time so I missed a ton of primary nights since so many were on Tuesdays. I got home that night and Obama was losing but it hadn't been called yet.

I was so fucking pissed. I had come home expecting hopium overdose.

Hootie

And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Be prepared for the Fox News/Drudge/Limbaugh/Hannity hailstorm of "Obama wants to shut down the coal industry" tomorrow and Tuesday. It's all they'll be talking about.

It's already on the top of Drudge.

Edit: Here's the Hannity thread celebrating the Drudge headlines. Apparently these rubes think it's enough to put McCain in the White House.

http://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php?t=1091461

LCGeek

formerly sane
I'd help in FL, but I just moved down to panama city and have no ride to really get the message out.

polyh3dron said:
HOLY FUCK Samuel L Jackson did voiceover for an ad against Prop 8!!

There's no way it can pass now.

i KNEW that was him!!!!

also, i know John Stweart said that Bus was comedy gold and that he'd miss making fun of a president...but I think he should have plenty of material from the Limbaugh, Hannity, Drudge, Joe Wurlizplumber, and Pailin meltdowns :)

Grimmy

Banned
I've moved on from the inevitable Obama win. What needs to happen is:

1) Michele Bachmann is eradicated from her seat.
2) Ted Stevens goes to jail - and loses his Senate seat to the Democrats
3) Al Franken!

Red Scarlet

segarr said:
I remember when this letter came out, never would have imagined that these two men would be facing off right now....and definitely wouldn't have been expecting Obama to be the favorite to win.

I hope that this election brings about the end of the neo-conservative movement once and for all. I hope to see overwhelming rejection of every single one of the bloodsuckers. Let the massacre begin!

From that thread:

PotatoeMasher said:
How many times has Obama been on 24?

Yeah--that's what I thought...

:lol forgot all about that.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
artredis1980 said:
so which one of you is taking tuesday off to volunteer the GOTV effort in your state

I am, but Im doing GOTV efforts for Larry Joe Daugherty. He is a congressional candidate, and more importantly he was the judge on Texas Justice.

020523_Texas-Justice-2.jpg

I'm actually off Mon/Tue/Wed because Im going to be worthless until this is over.

Plinko said:
Be prepared for the Fox News/Drudge/Limbaugh/Hannity hailstorm of "Obama wants to shut down the coal industry" tomorrow and Tuesday. It's all they'll be talking about.

well, he DID suggest that with the audio saying he will tax the coal companies into bankruptcy

BobLoblaw

Banned
In before page 1000.:D Just wanted to let you guys know that so far, it's been an amazing run on GAF. I thoroughly expect tons of the usual "smartassness" from you guys and gals in addition to epic gifs in this thread. Don't let me down!

sangreal

Plinko said:
I always find it funny when something sites on Drudge but nobody cares so he moves it to the top to try and get the Press to run with it

artredis1980 said:
well, he DID suggest that with the audio saying he will tax the coal companies into bankruptcy

So did McCain, but I guess that never has mattered

Marvie_3

Banned
Wish I could be here Tuesday night.... Going to a big Obama party at a bar downtown here. Should be awesome! I'll have some serious PoliGAF reading to catch up the next day though. :D

Hootie

So at this point is there any viable chance of there being a democrat supermajority in Congress? I keep hearing 57-59 and not 60 (which is the number for a supermajority, correct?)

-Kees-

Plinko said:

Hannity is on right now. He's already spent half his show talking about it.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Grimmy said:

3) Al Franken!

Actually, it COULD be that after this election the support remains as organized and seeks to get repugnant right wigners to lose their seats. If people wanted to they could organize enough so to get the Bachmanns of this world out of office. Organize, contribute, inform, vote.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
xabre said:
Please provide links to working online streams for election coverage, such as CNN, MSNBC etc.

Not everyone will have access to a TV.
The links for the debates should work for election night coverage :D

C-SPAN1 (Direct Link), C-SPAN2 (Direct Link)

CNN.com Live
Direct Links:
Stream 1
Stream 2
Stream 3
Stream 4

MSNBC (Looks like MSNBC Election Day Online coverage has started....Link is streaming live MSNBC right now!); if the link is changed or it goes down, the frontpage of MSNBC.com will probably have the new link in bold letters on election day.

TDG

Banned
Hootie said:
So at this point is there any viable chance of there being a democrat supermajority in Congress? I keep hearing 57-59 and not 60 (which is the number for a supermajority, correct?)
60 is needed for a supermajority. It's possible, but it seems likely that the dems will fall just short.

sangreal said:
I always find it funny when something sites on Drudge but nobody cares so he moves it to the top to try and get the Press to run with it

So did McCain, but I guess that never has mattered

but there is no soundbite. so it wont be mentioned, unless there a soundbite

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
-Kees- said:
Hannity was is on right now. He's already spent half his show talking about it.

Of course he is. It's his last shot.

This COULD affect Pennsylvania. COULD.

Marvie_3

Banned
Grimmy said:

3) Al Franken!
I'll be doing my part in those!

GhaleonEB

Gruco said:
More fun with memory lane:

kos - 12/5/2006 - If Obama runs, he wins
Haha, Kos has been pimping that post for a while. He's going to post it a million times on Wednesday. :lol
kkaabboomm said:
so how are you all finding your first posts on this subject? i'd like to find mine...

oh, and the official PPP Pa poll:

Obama - 53
McCain - 45
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2008/11/pennsylvania-results.html

slightly better than Va #'s, and still pure awesome
Nice, only two points other or undecided. Eight points is PLENTY.

Tomorrow is going to be such a long day at work. I won't be getting any work done. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom